KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Razer Reviews

Updated Jan 10, 2022

Found 359 of over 437 reviews

3.9
Razer Co-Founder & CEO Min-Liang Tan (no image)
Min-Liang Tan
Pros
  • "There is free lunch made available(in 65 reviews)

• "flat working environment, dominant in its field(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I don't have any downside working at razer(in 41 reviews)

• "Work life balance & employees’ benefit can be better(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Dec 1, 2021 - Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership team in US. Coworkers are helpful.

Cons

Could be better at scheduling different time zones calls at the end of the workday and not later in the night.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun place, but way too frugal

Dec 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

As one can imagine, working in a gaming related company is fun. Razer is definitely a fun place to work, and the products are great. Can't beat the cult following.

Cons

The executive team is overly frugal, not realizing many times that some spending (salaries, useful software, proper training, etc) should be seen as an investment, but they see everything only as an expense and a cut into the company's cash reserves. It's frustrating and making employees feel the exec team just doesn't care. Many teams are understaffed, but the company would let the teams run extremely lean than to spend to hire more talent. Razer has also often preferred to have the cheapest software rather than the most efficient/useful software. There are no proper training or onboarding programs, each team is responsible for getting new hires up to speed, but new hires don't get to know other teams and what they do.

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome Work Environment

Nov 3, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Employees, Great perks like conventions, free food, discount product. Gaming environment.

Cons

Some travelling, in some cases it is not a con.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ambitious Environment

Oct 21, 2021 - Lead Product Developer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The general experience has been good having a chance to try new things to help strengthen the brand but also try different new strategies.

Cons

It can be overwhelming working with the SG team due to different time zones. This is more of a preference than an actual con as this wasn't enforced and work hours were taken into consideration. It limited my ability to participate in key discussions to save time.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cheap asian company

Oct 12, 2021 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

you pretty much can't get fired free food free razer products

Cons

super tight budgets, super hard to get anything meaningful done hard to get career advancement

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Ups and downs

Sep 29, 2021 - Lab Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Uncertainly from the home office.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Customer Advocacy

Sep 24, 2021 - Senior Customer Advocacy Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Better than average Benefits Exposure to many different verticals and not just consumer electronics Learned to be extremely frugal with budget

Cons

In my opinion Razer Customer Advocacy (CA) was in shambles when I left late Aug 21' Extreme working hours... Stating Razer has a 'poor work/life balance' does not accurately describe the perpetual crunch working on the USA CA Team. It got increasingly worse over the 3 years I worked there. Individual work capacity and/or bandwidth were not considered for me and there was a constant stream of new initiatives, products and fires to put out in addition to current workload/projects. Chaotic shuffling of priorities (often times driven by other BU's with no air support from CA Leadership) prevented a lot of proactive work and resulted in lots of waste for the Team/Company. Over my 20 years experience in tech/management I've learned to say 'no' when it makes sense but at Razer there was a firehouse of directives/projects/additional responsibilities where you simply didn't have a choice, it had to get done and you best believe the timeline was tight/budget was light. I felt like an outsourced and overworked employee. It didn't help I was promised promotions throughout my time there but through attrition and changes in management it never happened. All the Sr. Managers of CA had or left soon after and the majority of the directors left or were fired by the time I put in my resignation. The high level of quality expected by Senior Leadership/execs in all aspects of the business are misaligned with allocated resources/capacity resulting in subpar delivery which was a real moral buster for me considering I take pride in my work. Really felt my strengths where wasted and I was utterly burnt out. CA's reliance on an external PMO/BPO Model lead to big challenges in hiring, quality of service and budget allocation. Culture was okay prior to the pandemic but was completely devoid 6 months into it. Culture retreated into functional groups and I did my best to maintain some resemblance of it. Perks like the catered lunches, which where great when in office, evaporated and there was no stipend to replace this perk for forced stay-at-home workers. In comparison my wife's/friend's companies maintained free lunches through various programs/stipends.

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee

product

Aug 18, 2021 - Junior Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

fun and easy aswell as different

Cons

gets boring after a while

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The most funnest place to work!

Apr 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The products are great. It's clear people love the products and employees want to keep seeing great products and improvements come out. No company is perfect, every company has it's pros and cons. Razer has employees who really care about each other, who are passionate about gaming, and love their work, making it a truly fun place. Razer hit a record of over $1 Billion in revenues in 2020!

Cons

Razer is very frugal in it's spending, so sometimes it would be great if Razer could spend a little extra to provide better resources and not just the settle for the cheaper options, i.e. software.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Creative Digital Sculpting

Apr 19, 2021 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Razer team let’s you explore new boundaries. Our new team always thrive to get the best solutions for tasks at hand.

Cons

No Cons, very happy to be with a great team

Viewing 1 - 10 of 359 Reviews

Razer Reviews FAQs

Razer has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 437 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Razer to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Razer employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Razer. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

74% of Razer employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Razer 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Razer to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Razer Job Seekers