Razer Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Razer Co-Founder & CEO Min-Liang Tan
Min-Liang Tan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free lunch, gaming allowance, discount on RMA products" (in 23 reviews)

• "Free Food, Free Transportation," (in 11 reviews)

Cons

1. "Amazing people! Incredible products!"

I have been working at Razer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are amazing. Very caring, very understanding, very willing to step-up and help out when needed. No company is perfect, but at least Razer knows where they may be lacking and are working towards it. That alone is enough for me.

I had never used Razer products until I started working here, and I don't think I can go back to any other brand ever again. The laptops, keyboard, mice, headsets... everything is not only beautiful and sleek, but also very reliable. I've never had any issues to this date.

Love the laid back environment. Plus there are many fun events throughout the year.

Cons

Sometimes there isn't enough communication or enough of an advance notice on certain important events (i.e. performance review due dates, or certain holidays of other offices), but that's an easy fix. Again, they know that there wasn't enough notice, and will make sure it doesn't happen again.

Advice to Management

Notices really should be sent at least 1 month prior on things like performance reviews, so people have enough time to start it, in case they're traveling or have leave planned during that time.

2. "You'll feel like a celebrity sometimes!"

Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Razer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A globally recognized brand with many die-hard fans. Getting spotted by a fan in public places like airports or restaurants while wearing Razer clothing can spark much admiration and "fanboyism". Legitimately fun co-workers and office environment (Irvine, CA). Relatively young group of people with similar personas and interests keep work interesting. Fun and exciting product portfolio. Catered lunch MON-THU saves you a ton of money on lunch. Free snacks and drinks in large pantry.

Cons

Razer is a top player in a highly competitive segment, which means there's a lot of pressure to perform at very high levels. This can be overwhelming for those who cannot find ways to navigate the inherent challenges.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow and expand, invest in tools that will allow us to scale accordingly. Approach this next phase with an open mind as new perspectives may be needed to ensure continued and future success.

3. "Fun people, terrible corporate environment. It's a paycheck."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Razer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Typically fun people to work with in the local office; enjoyable gamer culture in the local office; catered meals twice a week; short walk from BART; management that actively encouraged and fostered learning and development.

Cons

Utter lack of job security and accountability; cult-like corporate environment; large turnover rate; inconsistency in management demands and expectations; overly bureaucratic, slow, and obtuse human resources department; low pay for working in technology in San Francisco.

4. "Never a dull (working) day"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Razer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- progressive company with many new exciting projects
    - agility of a startup which think like the big boys
    - working with a founding CEO

Cons

- high standards mean low tolerance for nonsense, low productivity and toxicity
    - staff need to find own work-life balance

Advice to Management

Nil

5. "QA Test"

Current Employee - QA Tester in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - QA Tester in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Razer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Office, Fast hiring process (after 1st call), Interesting projects. Nice people. Gamers all around you. Food couple times a week. Opportunity to grow and learn something new. Razer devices for personal use. Very light work environment. Salary indexation every year. Compatible benefits. Office in San Francisco

Cons

Office in San Francisco:), Some types of food are not good for everyone. Benefits could be better (transportation for example)

6. "Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at Razer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There’s never a dull moment at Razer. I love that my days can go from crafting the perfect content for a product launch to playing video games with my coworkers. There’s a kitchen stocked with all the snacks you could ask for and we get catered lunch M-TH. The people I work with are truly amazing too. Everyone is very down to earth and has a work hard play hard type of mentality.

Cons

I don’t personally have any, but I know work can get a bit crazy for some departments during product launches. If you can stay organized I wouldn’t necessarily consider this a con though.

Biggest issue is probably people not understand their job descriptions. Sometimes we act like a start up and I think the company still has growing pains.

Advice to Management

Make job descriptions more clear so employees know what’s expected of them. This is the one issue I hear people complain about most.

7. "**Dream Job**"

Current Employee - General in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - General in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Razer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What can I say....some of the nicest people I've ever worked with...drama and office politics free...generous Benefits package...PERKS like you wouldn't believe ! If I could have all my favorite ex co-workers work here I WOULD !

Cons

One thing I'll warn...if you don't have strong will power, you might gain weight from all the snacks and goodies they provide :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Can't think of one negative thing to say towards Management at all....

8. "Enjoying the company so far"

I have been working at Razer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. Company invest in employees. Cool events in the office.

Cons

Short staffed in some departments.

9. "Be Phenominal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Razer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company with a lot of opportunity. Innovative new products on the cutting edge of the industry. Downtown SF workplace, with easy access to transportation. Flexible work schedules.

Cons

Can be tight timelines, with some crunch time.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve benefits and work with employees to gather feedback.

10. "Product Marketing Manager"

I worked at Razer full-time

Pros

If you have a chance to work with the CEO, you will learn a lot

Cons

Lots of work and very stressful.