Re: Sources Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.0
Keith Widdowson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Re: Sources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, great benefits, wonderful and progressive leadership.

Cons

I wouldn't say the company has many cons.

"Horrible Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Re: Sources full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Really Good Medical Benefits, No Other Pros

Cons

Celebrates favoritism and promotes incompetence. Racist and Misogynistic. Has no respect and sees no value in a majority of their employees. No communication and when there is any it is generally dishonest. Pays way below industry standard and states year after year there is no budget for raises, promotions, training however the 'favorites' are getting raises, bonuses etc regardless of contributions, reviews, etc. Actually they have done away with reviews for over 2 years to protect/hide this practice of promoting & financially rewarding the favorites.

Advice to Management

There is no real management at Re:Sources, so I have none

"So much potential, so little execution"

I have been working at Re: Sources full-time

Pros

People below the Senior VP level are great people to work with.

Cons

The executive leadership team is completely out of touch. They're worried about towing the line in cutting costs since this company isn't a profit center. They say they are supporting the US, just to turn around and cut more jobs. Most of the leaders barely communicate with the masses and really don't care what morale is or isn't. They preach collaboration than offer dictation. Open doors are really closed tightly, Fear and excessive change is the way of life. No one is sure what Publicis really wants of Re:Sources and the agencies of Publicis treat them like complete crap. There is no Culture and no real values.

Advice to Management

Start listening instead of talking. Completely stop the talking out of both sides of your mouths. Be honest and transparent. Delegate and consult your leadership teams. Find creative ways to reward hard work. Stop Lying to executive Groupe leadership about "our success".

"Don't work here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Re: Sources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-My coworkers were some of the most highly-skilled and talented individuals in their field.
    -We occasionally were given a small treat in the form of a holiday party (But only for full-time salary employees), or some various knick-knack out of a catalog after so many years of service.
    -There were some really good people working in the agencies when I was there.

Cons

-Zero-accountability for anyone in middle management or above.
    -Communication between departments was nonexistent. The siloing and "us and them" culture was in every single department.
    -Bureaucracy was out of control between all the agencies and sub-agencies, numerous systems to support, on multiple platforms. It was intense, and totally unnecessary. They went the hard way just to save a few pennies and wound up costing the agencies they pretended to support millions, if not tens of millions of dollars in lost productivity.
    -No career growth opportunities. They'd move you sideways but if you weren't in the Chicago Ole' Boys Club then you'd get stuck.
    -This was one of the most toxic work cultures I have ever experienced. The few good people here are completely overshadowed by the bad, of which there are many.

Advice to Management

You had so many good people giving you their all and you never appreciated it. Shame on you. Learn how to listen to your employees, especially the ones doing the actual work. If you implement a policy that cuts down productivity, you hurt the whole company.

You ruined my life. Please don't do this to anyone else.

"Don't waste your time here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Pros

Immediate co-workers were nice enough.

Cons

If you read any of these reviews, you will see a common thread in that staff (especially temps) are treated like they are dispensable. A lot of unprofessionalism from management, having loose lips around employees and then trying to go back on what they said afterwards. The attitude from management is if you don't like the way things are ran, leave. Poor, poor leadership. There is so much turnover, and management truly acts like they could care less because they are too busy to be at fault (for not doing their jobs).

Advice to Management

Stop pointing the finger at employees when issues arise/trying to cover up your own mistakes. Acknowledge your shortcomings instead of turning around and blaming your employees who become unhappy. When so many people leave the company, maybe finally deduce that you are a big part of the problem and try to fix things. Try to actually show your employees that they are valued. There are so many companies in NY that offer so many perks to employees, don't assume that you can treat people however you want and they will just stay and take it.

6. "Senior Media Payables Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Media Payables Analyst in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Media Payables Analyst in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Re: Sources full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work environment is very relaxed.

Cons

Commuting from the Bronx to Long Island City is not fun.

"Run. Fast."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Re: Sources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Resources offers a great deal of benefits to employees (expensive for such a large company). I have had a positive experience when using the plans offered. If you like the challenge of constant drama, changes (with zero direction), fixing broken procedures, pretending like you have a say in any decision then this is the place for you! Welcome aboard.

Run do not walk. Google, read up on the company, don't take these reviews lightly.

Cons

First, read all the negitive reviews below. As a current employee, these reviews are truthful and solid. Do not take them lightly. This company is a revolving door for all the reasons mentioned previously. I can honestly say the culture is terrible. In my own undisclosed dept it is shocking how people treat each other. Rude, disrespectful, and even cut throat. It starts from the very top and trickles all the way down. It is toxic, exhausting and can be depressing too. The company lacks identity. We all work in silos, we walk in the halls with our heads down making zero eye contact. It truely is brutal, after working for a few years, I can honestly say I only know the employees from my brand who I share cube walls with. I was hured a few years back now, but on-boarding was a nightmare. Everything was a mess! I am unsure if this has since improved, but I never felt more alone during this process. You get a series of websites and 1-800 numbers to call for help, it was completely hands off and not a personalized experience at all. I did not have a desk phone, computer, email or login information or even a cube to set my things in. Why would this be an issue? Well as it turns out all new hire communications were emailed to me yet I did not recieve them until a week later. Totally disorganized and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Find a way to embrace RESPECT through out the entire company. This starts with HR and the executives. Training please. It helps! Stop putting uneducated employees in senior positions without training them. The office is empty with a ton of space...let us breath. Hire some people to clean the office. It is littered with boxes, empty cubes, and junk. Clean it up. Can we take some pride in our office at least?

"Terrible management. Really top heavy, with a lot of lip service and no real direction."

Former Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Re: Sources full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hard to think of any really. Management looks out for itself. The company is bloated at the top, lots of entry level contractors. If you make it to a full time employee, very limited options.

Cons

No carrier path. Once you get to a certain level, they are likely to cut you for someone less qualified, but paid a lot less, or move your position to India.

Advice to Management

Just cut everyone outside India now, and be done with it. We can all see that's what is happening.

"Accounts Payable Analyst"

I have been working at Re: Sources full-time

Pros

Very nice managers to work with

Cons

Too many temps for the amount of work

"Aging ad giant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Re: Sources full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent work environment and good choices for lateral or vertical career growth. Above average pay scales for ad industry.

Cons

Rigid hierarchical management structure
    Business model is aged and needs massive overhaul to cope with evolving business landscape
    Not favourable for women looking for vertical growth