ReachLocal Web Presence Professional Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
ReachLocal CEO Sharon Rowlands
Sharon Rowlands

Pros
Cons
  • Responsibility to maintain total book of business (in 18 reviews)

• They want experienced sales people to sit in the office all day cold calling from the phone book (in 30 reviews)

1. "Great Group of People"

Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in New York, NY

Pros

-great co-workers
    -competitive but rewarding
    -flexible and great work/life balance
    -family friendly, good culture
    -challenging space but always updating products and practices

Cons

-transitional company at the moment
    -publicly traded
    -technology has issues but they're working to resolve
    -reputation of certain markets can affect other markets

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the technology and making sure the core of the company is stable.

ReachLocal Response

Apr 12, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback. Providing a great atmosphere for our employees is one of our top priorities, and we’re also really proud of third-party recognition of our technology, products and client ... More

"AMAZING Place to Work!"

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with here quickly become like family. The environment is fun and relaxed but also a great culture for learning and career growth.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a lot of communicating between departments, but the company is always growing so it can be tough to know everyone!

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

ReachLocal Response

Apr 12, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We’re happy to hear this! Thanks for your feedback!

3. "I miss working there, and I'm so glad that I had the chance to call ReachLocal my home."

Former Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really liked the fact that we had a chance to be super creative, express ourselves and work flexible hours. The pay was pretty decent as well, especially if you're coming in with no experience. I worked there for several years and was involved in many projects. It really prepared me to be able to take my career in the direction it's currently in today. I met some amazing people along the way. ReachLocal was very generous and kind to me (as a whole). And, I encourage anyone who is looking for an advertising/marketing/sales career to definitely apply to ReachLocal. They also have amazing health benefits. I can't thank ReachLocal enough for saying yes to me after interviewing there years ago. THANK YOU! :) :) :) :) :)

Cons

It's a fast-paced, tough work environment and if you're going to work there "YOU BETTER BRING IT." Any sales environment is going to be tense at times. However, it can be very rewarding. You cannot "blend in with the crowd." What I mean by that is bring something to the table professionally that others cannot bring. The hard work DOES PAY OFF at ReachLocal. You have to be a hard worker to last here.

Advice to Management

Management needs more corporate-driven training. But, management does a great job at ReachLocal overall. Additionally, more team building activities would have been good I think, because it's such a large office and hard to get to know people. We did do some activities and I felt like those were always helpful. They brought our groups closer together.

"Management Problems"

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility in hours. fun environment

Cons

pay, management, environment was unprofessional

Advice to Management

Don't promote people just because you like hanging out with them. Promote based on work ethic and performance. It would run so much smoother that way

6. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to start your career. Do people leave after a year or two? Yeah. Why? Because they have the experience other companies want when hiring for upper-level positions. I love working here. I have learned so much and am very comfortable with the digital media space. It would be very easy to stay with the company for life. There are always opportunities for advancement. The only people that complain are the ones that aren't willing to learn and put in the work. Management is always trying to help you grow. Great sense of autonomy.

Cons

The platform has it's bugs. Sometimes campaigns don't perform as well as you'd like. However, that comes with the territory. Part of becoming successful in business is learning to overcome these obstacles and spin them to be something positive.

"Non-Stimulating Environment, Management is Generally Clueless/Unhelpful"

Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time

Pros

Flexible with time off, relaxed dress code. Great way to learn the basics of SEO, content marketing, etc.

Cons

Web Presence Professionals are the bottom of the barrel. The ReachCast product was great until the Penguin update by Google hit in May 2012. Since then, we've been playing catch-up to Google all the while SMB's are paying $1200-$1700 per month for a platform that barely works and is broken most of the time. Upper management still expects renewals with a broken product. Sorry, but I'm not going to convince already struggling SMB's to pay that much for Facebook updates and lackluster content. It's just wrong. Hopefully something is fixed soon. There is also a review above here that talks about the turnover - it is insane! I've never heard of or worked in a place where EVERY week someone or several people are leaving. There are so many new people coming in/out that it's confusing and creates a somewhat awkward work environment.

Advice to Management

Give your employees answers! Help them solve issues and give them more hands-on instructions so there is less confusion.

8. "Amazing Company to Work For""

Current Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ReachLocal is an amazing place to work. The environment is open and friendly and a place you really want to be. The opportunity for growth is available if you really want it and are willing to work for it. The management and director are beyond supportive and do whatever it takes to help you grow. We constantly get training on what's going on with the industry and I think that helps us be the experts that our clients really need. I have really enjoyed my time here so far and look forward to many more years to come. This is a company that you can really have a great future with.

Cons

I really don't have any, great company to work for.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. The environment is great!

"Disposable Employee's"

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience in Social Media and Internet Marketing. Good SEO and social media training that other companies consider valuable.

Cons

WPP Management treats employee's as they are disposable. If you take a look at their turn over rate you'll see their employee's have caught on. A manager actually told me once "there's a new class of graduates every May". There is literally a "good bye" lunch every week! WPP's are dropping like flies. Pay is average for entry level, but raises and promotions are not as abundant as the recruiters will make it seem. Bonus structure, or lack of rather, is unfair. Make sure you keep track of your renewals because they won't. You suffer from other people's lack of hard work when they transfer accounts around - due to high employee turnover.

Advice to Management

Employee retention says a lot about a company... I think you should focus more on how management is running your WPP department, because they are running it into the ground.

"Good Resume Builder Horrible Pay No Career Path"

Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

Pros

Great physical environment, fun and casual work environment, good resume builder, learn a lot about the industry.

Cons

No possibility for a career path that doesn't involve sales, customer service or IT.
    The decision makers of this company do not place value in individual employees and keeping with the company, however, if you are in sales, prove you can make them money and they love you.

Advice to Management

Make your employees feel more valued by having a livable salary and benefits package. Create a more diverse and appealing career path that shows your investment in employees and keeping them with the company.

11. "Hard work pays off!"

Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

Pros

They see how hard you work and acklowedge it. When there are areas you excel at, they help you get there.

Cons

I wish there were more women in management positions.