Reaction Biology Reviews | Glassdoor

Reaction Biology Reviews

3.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Expanding Good Company"

I have been working at Reaction Biology full-time

Pros

Great place to work that is both challenging and rewarding. Management wants you to be successful and provides you with the training to do so. Many opportunities to learn from senior scientific staff, which are very personable experts in their fields. There is no micromanagement. Serious employees that produce high quality work, in a relaxed work environment. Company sports teams and holiday cookouts are a great way to better know coworkers.

Cons

No cons at the moment. With a growing and expanding company the workload is increasing, however, it is manageable.

"Not a well run organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

I worked at Reaction Biology (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salaries and health benefits.

Cons

Horrible management. The company is run by a "Miracle Investor" who, among other things, has no clue what he's doing, and with a scientific management team "Yes Men/Woman" that is no better. The place is ripe with politics and is not very worker friendly. I've seen the (+) reviews on this site and can tell you they come from a management team that is desperate to reverse a bad rep it so richly deserves.

Advice to Management

Rethink your business model and how employees are treated. You may be able to cut the employee turnover if you do.

Reaction Biology Response

Mar 25, 2016 – CEO

Hi. We’re very sorry you did not have a good experience at Reaction Biology. We do not hire people with that being the intent, since a bad experience benefits nobody. Many of our employees are... More

3. "Excellent"

I have been working at Reaction Biology full-time

Pros

Growing company, exclusive about who is hired. Personality interviews, not based on what you know, but on how you behave. Lab employees and managers do the interviews. The interviewers look for people who can work in the teams. Very flat structure. The company takes client work seriously, and makes sure that the clients are satisfied. Near zero attrition of existing clients, which is how the company keeps growing. Very low employee turnover rate. Serious people, several senior scientific people are top in their field. CSO has a very calm demeanor which is very helpful. No micromanagement, and you can get a lot of responsibility if you are up for it. Project Managers and Research Associates demonstrate good common sense. Good communication and an open door policy. If you are doing something that others don't like you will know it pretty quick.

Company lunches and outdoor grill parties are a plus.

Cons

Would like to see separate locations ultimately integrated.

4. "Good"

I have been working at Reaction Biology full-time

Pros

You can learn a lot here. Quirky people in the lab who are fun. Good times generally and you don't get bored. No idiotic time wasting meetings.

Cons

Handicap (physically challenged?) parking spaces never used that are closest to the door. Small point but still annoying. Certain areas of the lab noisy from the fridges but same in any lab.

Advice to Management

Appreciate that we are not harassed and are left alone to do our jobs. Would like to see the company grow more.

"A growing company with great potential"

Pros

Casual and happy working environment. Regular and flexible working hours. Friendly and helpful coworkers and managers. Low turn over rate. Opportunity to learn many technologies and skills.

Cons

Need to handle pressure to meet deadline for clients with high quality data. Challenge to learn new technologies and assays.

"Tedious, repetitive, hazardous work"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Malvern, PA

I worked at Reaction Biology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed office environment. Nice, young people. Lots of down time if you're into that. Very small company employees are tightly knit.

Cons

Working with radioactive isotopes. Definitely research the effect of exposure to radioactive isotopes before working here. Sexual discrimination is practiced with regard to handling of radio isotopes. Responsibilities are not given unless you are assertive about getting them. Work pace is usually slow with occasional periods of heavy volume. Tightly knit cliques. Strong personalities in senior staff. Training is done in such a way to make you feel insignificant and unintelligent. Pretty high turnover.

Advice to Management

If employees are doing something that you don't like try talking to them about it so that they can correct their actions.

Reaction Biology Response

Mar 18, 2016 – CEO

Hi: We’re sorry you came away with a less than favorable opinion of our work here at Reaction Biology. Working with radioisotopes is indeed a serious task and not for everyone. We are subject to... More

"Relaxed small company"

I worked at Reaction Biology full-time

Pros

The atmosphere is generally very relaxed. Reasonable hours, good work-life balance, and friendly management. The company is thriving and expanding.

Cons

Salary is not great for lower-level employees. Many of the employees are fairly young and that precipitates some clique-ishness and office gossip.

Advice to Management

I did not work in the lab, so I cannot speak to that (major) part of the operation. Overall, I felt encouraged and appreciated while at Reaction Biology: keep that up.