Reaction Search International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Robert L. S. Boroff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growth at Reaction Search International is truly unlimited"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Reaction Search International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership is available and most importantly, never makes you feel below them. Ethical leadership! Supportive work environment. Birthdays and work anniversaries are celebrated. Transparency!

Cons

Activity such as phone calls should be high, which is to be expected for maximum results. Transparency!

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to change

2. "Executive Recruiter training is thorough, useful, and ongoing"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Reaction Search International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

RSI has extensive reference checkable client list with repeat business and new business opportunities in diverse high growth organizations. Collaborative work environment, trip Incentives, Training, & top research and data resources.

Cons

Extremely activity driven & accountability goal oriented culture; which you will be held accountable for achieving concrete results. This will be a nightmare for those who wan to float.

Advice to Management

Have more leadership training meetings.

3. "Great colleagues with huge potential!"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great colleagues with huge potential, Interesting projects with great companies, Very supportive and smart colleagues, willing to help each other, collegial atmosphere, Great company with good reputation and excellent worldwide recognition and client base.

Cons

You have to be driven to be successful in the search business; the learning curve can be significant.

Advice to Management

Soften the message; Some times direct communication can be taken personally even if not intended to be.

4. "Top Executive Search Firm"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Great work environment, beautiful office building & park, Maui Trip Incentives, Continuous Training, industry leading research group.

Cons

Multitasking skills are a must, sales environment which can be stressful for some people.

Advice to Management

Keep the Maui trips, and the goal setting. Continue the transparent direct communication.

5. "Great job, or Amazing Career you choose!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

Pros

RSI has a very fostering and supportive work environment. RSI is great for employees who do not want to be micro managed and who want the opportunity to essentially run their own business. Extremely Ethical leadership team with strong sense of community. Goal Oriented Culture!

Cons

You need to be omni present when in the office, activity such as phone calls should be high, which is to be expected for maximum results. Planning is a major factor to you success.

Advice to Management

Keep the line of communication open to Sr. Leadership, be open to different work schedules.

"Controlling and Aggressive"

I worked at Reaction Search International full-time

Pros

Free Cliff bars and snacks. Mac shop.

Cons

Very controlling management. High pressure. Wife works there under a different name. Says there is a 3rd person that they need to consult with when really it's just the husband and wife. Many lies.

Advice to Management

Let the employees do their jobs without you in their faces. Stop lying about "the partner's" it's you and your wife. Stop controlling.

7. "Learn a lot, but slow pace environment"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reaction Search International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has all the tools a recruiter needs to be successful. The managing director also constantly looks for strategies and resources to bring out the best in his employees and the company as a whole. Very friendly environment, with a popcorn stand and office music.

Cons

Not much room to advance your career. The commission project coordinators earn is a very small % of what they earn for the company.

I also heard from other colleagues that the managing director will speak badly behind your back rather than to your face.

Advice to Management

Increase commission percentage.

"Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reaction Search International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth at RSI truly is unlimited. The entire management team is exceptionally dedicated to helping each and every employee that joins our team to reach their fullest potential. Training is thorough, useful, and ongoing (there are training meetings every week), and senior leadership is always open to helping their team members grow and take on new responsibilities. Everyone is extremely approachable and the office environment strikes a great balance between collaboration and friendly competition.

You work on a huge range of projects, which gives you exposure to a myriad of industries and allows you to become a "Jack of all trades" of sorts. No two days at work are exactly alike, and you get to speak with accomplished and interesting people all over the world and guide them through the exciting adventure of pursuing a new job.

Recruiting truly is a career where you get out what you put in-- activity and effort are rewarded, and you are accountable for your own success. This being said, if you put in the effort and track your activity, success is inevitable with the resources and tools that RSI gives you.

Feedback is open and frequent within teams, which is very helpful for staying on track with your goals and projects.

The office environment is great-- it's always buzzing, you're surrounded by fun and interesting coworkers, and there are periodic office outings to baseballs games, lunches, dinners, etc.

There's a well stocked kitchen full of snacks, weekly and monthly contests for top producers, Jamba Juice Fridays, and an annual performance trip to Maui.

The company pays for a gym membership for all employees as well, as management truly believes in helping everyone who works here be on top of their game (both mentally/professionally and physically).

Overall, RSI is an excellent place to work. It combines a stellar culture and work environment with great work-life balance (typical working hours are 8-5), inspiring managers, and interesting projects.

Cons

It's not necessarily a con, but if you don't do well in an environment that is extremely activity driven and in which you will be held accountable for achieving concrete results this may not be the job for you.

Also, this is definitely a job for a "people person." You're literally in the business of people, so make sure that's something that you're looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep providing employees with ongoing training resources-- it's incredibly valuable!

Great job with establishing a fantastic culture, too. Keep up the good work!

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reaction Search International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of my favorite aspects of working for Reaction Search International was the level of freedom that I was given while working as a project manager. RSI gave me the opportunity to decide for myself how to manage my book of business and as I became more experienced senior leadership quickly began to allow me to manage the recruiting process from beginning to end. My Managing Director, Robert, was not afraid to let me get out their and make a mistake, but at the same time he was always available to help whether it be in our weekly training meetings or answering spontaneous questions that would pop up.

Additional Pros:
    - Trip to Maui for President's Club award winners
    - Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, drinks, coffee, etc.
    - Company sponsored gym membership at high end gyms
    - Occasional company lunches, dinner, and Giant's games
    - Bagel / Jamba Juice Fridays
    - Unlimited potential for growth
    - Plenty of potential for pay raises for those achieving their targets

Cons

When things get really busy the work load can be a little stressful, but I believe this is probably relevant to almost any career. Robert and senior leadership do a good job of working with employees in regards to time management, to make sure that they have the necessary tools for success.

Advice to Management

The weekly training meetings were very helpful in enabling me to develop as a professional. I hope these continue for current and future employees.

"Amazing Team"

I worked at Reaction Search International part-time

Pros

I was a student and they allowed me to work and go to school. They provided a really conducive environment for growth and I was happy to work there during the time that I did.

Cons

None really. Hard work pays off.

Advice to Management

Robert and Chris, out of their San Ramon HQ, are both fantastic to work for.