Reaction Search International Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert L. S. Boroff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reaction Search International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth at RSI truly is unlimited. The entire management team is exceptionally dedicated to helping each and every employee that joins our team to reach their fullest potential. Training is thorough, useful, and ongoing (there are training meetings every week), and senior leadership is always open to helping their team members grow and take on new responsibilities. Everyone is extremely approachable and the office environment strikes a great balance between collaboration and friendly competition.

You work on a huge range of projects, which gives you exposure to a myriad of industries and allows you to become a "Jack of all trades" of sorts. No two days at work are exactly alike, and you get to speak with accomplished and interesting people all over the world and guide them through the exciting adventure of pursuing a new job.

Recruiting truly is a career where you get out what you put in-- activity and effort are rewarded, and you are accountable for your own success. This being said, if you put in the effort and track your activity, success is inevitable with the resources and tools that RSI gives you.

Feedback is open and frequent within teams, which is very helpful for staying on track with your goals and projects.

The office environment is great-- it's always buzzing, you're surrounded by fun and interesting coworkers, and there are periodic office outings to baseballs games, lunches, dinners, etc.

There's a well stocked kitchen full of snacks, weekly and monthly contests for top producers, Jamba Juice Fridays, and an annual performance trip to Maui.

The company pays for a gym membership for all employees as well, as management truly believes in helping everyone who works here be on top of their game (both mentally/professionally and physically).

Overall, RSI is an excellent place to work. It combines a stellar culture and work environment with great work-life balance (typical working hours are 8-5), inspiring managers, and interesting projects.

Cons

It's not necessarily a con, but if you don't do well in an environment that is extremely activity driven and in which you will be held accountable for achieving concrete results this may not be the job for you.

Also, this is definitely a job for a "people person." You're literally in the business of people, so make sure that's something that you're looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep providing employees with ongoing training resources-- it's incredibly valuable!

Great job with establishing a fantastic culture, too. Keep up the good work!

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Pros

I've worked at RSI for a little over two years and have nothing but positive things to say about my experience thus far. Leadership is always available to address any questions or concerns you may have, and most importantly, never make you feel below them. Clients vary by size, as do positions, so you gain valuable experience speaking with candidates from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Colleagues make work not feel like work, and there is not a negative feeling of competition in the air, since everyone works together to reach a common goal - placing top talent in organizations. I would highly recommend RSI to anyone interested in a fast-paced, demanding, yet extremely fulfilling environment where you can really make a difference.

Additional pros:
    - President's Club Award is a trip to Maui for top performers.
    - Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and fresh popcorn.
    - Jamba Juice Fridays.
    - Gym membership.
    - Mac desktops.
    - Weekly gift card contests and monthly dinner + experience (ex: Sailing in SF, chocolate making class, etc.) contests.
    - Occasional company lunches, dinners, and Giants games.
    - Great work-life balance.
    - Open door policy with leadership.
    - Friendly and helpful staff with a great sense of humor.
    - Work environment that fosters collaboration.
    - Opportunities for growth.

Cons

I personally do not see accountability as a con, but can understand why one would if you have trouble attaining your weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. Activity such as phone calls should be high, which is to be expected for maximum results.

"Entrepreneurial Working Environment"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reaction Search International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a place where everyone from a summer intern to a full-time employee can have a voice in the organization, then RSI is the right place. RSI is great for employees who do not want to be micro managed and who want the opportunity to essentially run their own business. The executive search side of the recruiting industry is, in my opinion, more rewarding because your are looking to place top level candidates in an executive opportunity for the long-haul. If you are looking for a six-figure income along with a great work-life balance, RSI is a great option.

Cons

If you are the type of employee who likes to go through the motions and "hide" in a department, RSI may not be the right fit. RSI looks for candidates who like to take initiative on projects and take controls of their own careers.

Advice to Management

Continue to have fun outings and company culture building activities!

"It was a great experience working here! I definitely learned a lot and can use a lot of my knowledge for future jobs."

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

Pros

I very much enjoyed my co-worker's company. The job can be pretty tedious, but everyone around me made it a bit better. Also, we sometimes have company dinners where we just drink, eat, etc. It's very fun!

Cons

I didn't see much of an opportunity for personal growth.

5. "Overall Great"

Pros

I’ve worked here a long time; I think it’s a great place to be. Everyone has new or newish computers, there’s indoor plants and flowers, a well-stocked snack area. Pay for performance enables comp growth for all staff, regardless of function. Birthdays & anniversaries are celebrated for all full time staff. There’s lots of training provided. There’s lots of opportunity to grow sales, recruiting, and client-facing skills, as well as public speaking, business writing and lead generation/cold calling skills. Management is approachable and quick to help anyone who needs it. It’s a great place to learn a little bit about all industries, the projects are usually interesting. It’s a great place to meet lots of interesting people who are top performers in a variety of industries. Over the time I’ve worked here, Management has made a lot of changes, some kept, some discarded, to make the work environment more enjoyable, productive and profitable for staff. New projects and clients come in all the time, it’s a dynamic, high energy place. My personal favorite, there's also a matched 401k, decent health benefits, and gym membership. Physical health and work/life balance is strongly supported. Everyone is friendly, open, social and strives to be helpful. This is an especially great place for people who want to build up to their own recruiting desk.

Cons

While not “cons” per say, RSI isn’t right for everyone. RSI is very metrics driven, and employees are held accountable for performance. Those who meet expectations earn higher expectations. It’s also an open office space with cubicles and shared workspaces. Minimal sound/sight privacy. Plans are to increase openness. Recruiting is basically sales, so the office is very fast paced, high energy, noisy. RSI is very entrepreneurial- there’s lots of change as clients and candidates come and go and as tools are tried out, incorporated or discarded. Again, not “cons” exactly, but not the right place for everyone. RSI is not right for people who need a quiet, introspective, private work environment, or need a lot of consistency and predictability throughout the day or work poorly under pressure and scrutiny. RSI is not the place for people who aren’t “people people,” as all roles deal with clients, candidates and work in teams with other staff, and everyone meets a wide variety of people and personalities. These qualities aren't really cons, as they are a typical part of any business oriented around selling and delivering a service, but some some personalities can find these qualities challenging or uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Needed: Flexible hours for full time staff.

6. "Great Opportunity - in college, first job, seasoned professional"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

Pros

I have been working full-time since July 2013 and can honestly say I continue to look forward to coming to work every day.

Here are some of the reasons why I love working at RSI:
    Corporate Culture - encourages goal setting and personal and professional growth, very motivational
    Fantastic opportunity to learn how to handle yourself on the phone, how to influence people, manage your time and priorities, set and hit goals
    Surrounded by strong and successful role models who continue to grow and stretch
    Many ways to be recognized - even if working part-time, everyone can win
    Company invests time and energy in providing continuous sales training, goal setting and other success-building techniques
    Diverse group of people makes it enjoyable to learn from co-workers with various backgrounds
    Work with clients coming from a wide range of industries, geographic locations and skill sets
    Collaborative environment - mentoring encouraged
    Clear communication regarding expectations
    Love the unfailing recognition for birthdays, anniversaries and personal family events
    Snacks, drinks, several fun outings, very nice holiday celebrations
    Open-door policy with upper management - always asking our feedback and suggestions for how to do what we do more efficiently
    Top of the line tools like Apple equipment and very nice headsets for hands-free communication

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons to working here. If you do what you are hired to do, you have ample opportunity to grow personally and professional and earn a solid income.

Advice to Management

Continue offering a proven path of success for us to follow

"Dynamic Company with Fun but Professional Culture!"

Current Employee - Executive Search Consultant in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Search Consultant in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reaction Search International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have the perspective at this company from different levels, starting as an intern 4 years ago working part-time while in college and since being promoted twice and a full-time employee. The training and mentoring I've received along the way has been invaluable to my growth.

This is one of the few places where you truly get out what you put in. It is a very results-focused environment with unlimited growth potential both responsibility-wise and financially. Also work-life balance is crucial for me and this is a great place providing an opportunity to work hard and succeed financially without working crazy hours.

The culture is unique in that it is very professional and goal/metrics driven as stated above but also is a very collaborative and fun team environment. No politics are present (or if there are they are addressed quickly).

We have monthly company sushi lunch outings, annual sports outings and an annual performance trip to Maui!

Leadership is very engaged and approachable when it comes to feedback or change.

Cons

Training meetings get repetitive at times for those of us who have been with the company for a number of years but necessary for newer employees who have not heard it yet. Perhaps, time permitting, having separate meetings based on seniority and experience level would be a good suggestion.

Advice to Management

Management is very receptive to feedback and also is inspirational, being very energetic and fast-paced. This reflects in the company culture which does a good job in effectively pushing productivity; keep up the great work!

8. "Storytelling in the Office"

Current Employee - Videographer/Editor in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Videographer/Editor in San Ramon, CA

Pros

I was hired a little while ago to be a videographer and editor for the company and it's been a very smooth transition into the work environment. My interview was relaxed and everyone in the office space is warm and welcoming. Doing good work is emphasized and hard work is rewarded. Compensation and hours are more than reasonable.

Cons

As a videographer I'm making videos that help benefit the company. The frustrating thing is not being able to shoot stuff when I have my equipment with me. I completely understand that people are busy, but when you pre plan to shoot something and it doesn't get shot on the date, it's not helping the project.

9. "Rewarding opportunity for hard working individuals."

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I started working with Reaction Search International right out of college with no recruiting experience. The company has an excellent training process that will give you all the tools necessary to be successful. A very rewarding environment with lots of growth potential. I worked with Project Managers that carefully took the time to train me so that I will be able to manage a team under me. Work hard, play hard.

Cons

No concerns with the company at the moment

Advice to Management

training for time management for employees will be very helpful in this environment.

10. "The organization is very supportive of it's employees"

Current Employee - Managing Director in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Managing Director in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Hires dynamic and intelligent talented people and provides excellent training

Cons

no cons at this time