Reaction Search International Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert L. S. Boroff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reaction Search International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth at RSI truly is unlimited. The entire management team is exceptionally dedicated to helping each and every employee that joins our team to reach their fullest potential. Training is thorough, useful, and ongoing (there are training meetings every week), and senior leadership is always open to helping their team members grow and take on new responsibilities. Everyone is extremely approachable and the office environment strikes a great balance between collaboration and friendly competition.

You work on a huge range of projects, which gives you exposure to a myriad of industries and allows you to become a "Jack of all trades" of sorts. No two days at work are exactly alike, and you get to speak with accomplished and interesting people all over the world and guide them through the exciting adventure of pursuing a new job.

Recruiting truly is a career where you get out what you put in-- activity and effort are rewarded, and you are accountable for your own success. This being said, if you put in the effort and track your activity, success is inevitable with the resources and tools that RSI gives you.

Feedback is open and frequent within teams, which is very helpful for staying on track with your goals and projects.

The office environment is great-- it's always buzzing, you're surrounded by fun and interesting coworkers, and there are periodic office outings to baseballs games, lunches, dinners, etc.

There's a well stocked kitchen full of snacks, weekly and monthly contests for top producers, Jamba Juice Fridays, and an annual performance trip to Maui.

The company pays for a gym membership for all employees as well, as management truly believes in helping everyone who works here be on top of their game (both mentally/professionally and physically).

Overall, RSI is an excellent place to work. It combines a stellar culture and work environment with great work-life balance (typical working hours are 8-5), inspiring managers, and interesting projects.

Cons

It's not necessarily a con, but if you don't do well in an environment that is extremely activity driven and in which you will be held accountable for achieving concrete results this may not be the job for you.

Also, this is definitely a job for a "people person." You're literally in the business of people, so make sure that's something that you're looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep providing employees with ongoing training resources-- it's incredibly valuable!

Great job with establishing a fantastic culture, too. Keep up the good work!

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reaction Search International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of my favorite aspects of working for Reaction Search International was the level of freedom that I was given while working as a project manager. RSI gave me the opportunity to decide for myself how to manage my book of business and as I became more experienced senior leadership quickly began to allow me to manage the recruiting process from beginning to end. My Managing Director, Robert, was not afraid to let me get out their and make a mistake, but at the same time he was always available to help whether it be in our weekly training meetings or answering spontaneous questions that would pop up.

Additional Pros:
    - Trip to Maui for President's Club award winners
    - Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, drinks, coffee, etc.
    - Company sponsored gym membership at high end gyms
    - Occasional company lunches, dinner, and Giant's games
    - Bagel / Jamba Juice Fridays
    - Unlimited potential for growth
    - Plenty of potential for pay raises for those achieving their targets

Cons

When things get really busy the work load can be a little stressful, but I believe this is probably relevant to almost any career. Robert and senior leadership do a good job of working with employees in regards to time management, to make sure that they have the necessary tools for success.

Advice to Management

The weekly training meetings were very helpful in enabling me to develop as a professional. I hope these continue for current and future employees.

"Amazing Team"

I worked at Reaction Search International part-time

Pros

I was a student and they allowed me to work and go to school. They provided a really conducive environment for growth and I was happy to work there during the time that I did.

Cons

None really. Hard work pays off.

Advice to Management

Robert and Chris, out of their San Ramon HQ, are both fantastic to work for.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Pros

I've worked at RSI for a little over two years and have nothing but positive things to say about my experience thus far. Leadership is always available to address any questions or concerns you may have, and most importantly, never make you feel below them. Clients vary by size, as do positions, so you gain valuable experience speaking with candidates from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Colleagues make work not feel like work, and there is not a negative feeling of competition in the air, since everyone works together to reach a common goal - placing top talent in organizations. I would highly recommend RSI to anyone interested in a fast-paced, demanding, yet extremely fulfilling environment where you can really make a difference.

Additional pros:
    - President's Club Award is a trip to Maui for top performers.
    - Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and fresh popcorn.
    - Jamba Juice Fridays.
    - Gym membership.
    - Mac desktops.
    - Weekly gift card contests and monthly dinner + experience (ex: Sailing in SF, chocolate making class, etc.) contests.
    - Occasional company lunches, dinners, and Giants games.
    - Great work-life balance.
    - Open door policy with leadership.
    - Friendly and helpful staff with a great sense of humor.
    - Work environment that fosters collaboration.
    - Opportunities for growth.

Cons

I personally do not see accountability as a con, but can understand why one would if you have trouble attaining your weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. Activity such as phone calls should be high, which is to be expected for maximum results.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Winter Extern 2016 in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Winter Extern 2016 in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Reaction Search International (Less than a year)

Pros

RSI has a very fostering and supportive work environment. The team was highly professional, and provided great resources and information transparency to help me adjust. The CEO goes above and beyond in overseeing the success of his staff, and sets a strong precedent for everything from client service to work ethic and recruiting strategies. I gained valuable experience and insight working here, and would recommend anyone with a passion for the recruiting industry to work here as well.

Cons

Over generosity of snacks- there is a popcorn machine, freshly brewed coffee every morning, an entire shelf filled with chips, sweets and energy bars, anything you could ask for. Birthdays and work anniversaries are celebrated with cakes and cheese/cracker plates. I definitely weigh more when I left than when I came in.

Advice to Management

It's been a pleasure working under the current management, and I hope that they keep up the amazing work.

"Entrepreneurial Working Environment"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reaction Search International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a place where everyone from a summer intern to a full-time employee can have a voice in the organization, then RSI is the right place. RSI is great for employees who do not want to be micro managed and who want the opportunity to essentially run their own business. The executive search side of the recruiting industry is, in my opinion, more rewarding because your are looking to place top level candidates in an executive opportunity for the long-haul. If you are looking for a six-figure income along with a great work-life balance, RSI is a great option.

Cons

If you are the type of employee who likes to go through the motions and "hide" in a department, RSI may not be the right fit. RSI looks for candidates who like to take initiative on projects and take controls of their own careers.

Advice to Management

Continue to have fun outings and company culture building activities!

"Good Environment and good people"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

Pros

I worked for this company as a full time employee for 1 year, I only left because I was offered another position in my field of study. Commission potential is uncapped with a paid vacation if you meet you yearly goal, its also a friendly work environment and good people to work with. They also provide Jamba Juice on Friday's and have a kitchen Stocked with Snacks and drinks.

Cons

Work can get repetitive and tedious at times but that is to be expected in the recruiting industry. No other complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and more group social events like the Giants game we went too.

"Summer Internship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Jamba Juice Fridays, friendly staff, interesting projects, close contact with upper management, great training

Cons

small company, micromanagement, not for people who who fiercely independent

9. "Great Opportunity - in college, first job, seasoned professional"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

Pros

I have been working full-time since July 2013 and can honestly say I continue to look forward to coming to work every day.

Here are some of the reasons why I love working at RSI:
    Corporate Culture - encourages goal setting and personal and professional growth, very motivational
    Fantastic opportunity to learn how to handle yourself on the phone, how to influence people, manage your time and priorities, set and hit goals
    Surrounded by strong and successful role models who continue to grow and stretch
    Many ways to be recognized - even if working part-time, everyone can win
    Company invests time and energy in providing continuous sales training, goal setting and other success-building techniques
    Diverse group of people makes it enjoyable to learn from co-workers with various backgrounds
    Work with clients coming from a wide range of industries, geographic locations and skill sets
    Collaborative environment - mentoring encouraged
    Clear communication regarding expectations
    Love the unfailing recognition for birthdays, anniversaries and personal family events
    Snacks, drinks, several fun outings, very nice holiday celebrations
    Open-door policy with upper management - always asking our feedback and suggestions for how to do what we do more efficiently
    Top of the line tools like Apple equipment and very nice headsets for hands-free communication

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons to working here. If you do what you are hired to do, you have ample opportunity to grow personally and professional and earn a solid income.

Advice to Management

Continue offering a proven path of success for us to follow

"Dynamic Company with Fun but Professional Culture!"

Current Employee - Executive Search Consultant in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Search Consultant in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reaction Search International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have the perspective at this company from different levels, starting as an intern 4 years ago working part-time while in college and since being promoted twice and a full-time employee. The training and mentoring I've received along the way has been invaluable to my growth.

This is one of the few places where you truly get out what you put in. It is a very results-focused environment with unlimited growth potential both responsibility-wise and financially. Also work-life balance is crucial for me and this is a great place providing an opportunity to work hard and succeed financially without working crazy hours.

The culture is unique in that it is very professional and goal/metrics driven as stated above but also is a very collaborative and fun team environment. No politics are present (or if there are they are addressed quickly).

We have monthly company sushi lunch outings, annual sports outings and an annual performance trip to Maui!

Leadership is very engaged and approachable when it comes to feedback or change.

Cons

Training meetings get repetitive at times for those of us who have been with the company for a number of years but necessary for newer employees who have not heard it yet. Perhaps, time permitting, having separate meetings based on seniority and experience level would be a good suggestion.

Advice to Management

Management is very receptive to feedback and also is inspirational, being very energetic and fast-paced. This reflects in the company culture which does a good job in effectively pushing productivity; keep up the great work!