Reaction Search International Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert L. S. Boroff

"Bad bad and worse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reaction Search International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They rent out of a nice office area

Cons

Toxic work environment. Poor management. It's a husband and wife shop. Their kid comes by. The husband "ceo" is an arrogant fool. Belittles employees. Pay is bad. No significant raise.

"OK for students with no recruitment experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reaction Search International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent paid internships for college students. Starting salary for recent college grads is in the industry's average for the East Bay and small bumps in salary are possible, based on performance. Good opportunity to learn about the recruitment industry. Incentive trip for full-time recruiters who meet annual revenue goal. Casual dress code. Located in a nice business park.

Cons

Contrary to what it's name suggests, this company does not have international operations. This is a family owned business where the "management team" is one man in just one office. Because the organization is so small, there is zero room for growth - but they will always say the sky is the limit. Commissions and bonuses are below industry average. No training program. Lack of professionalism from management, often emotional, gossiping and talking behind other people's back.

3. "Storytelling in the Office"

Current Employee - Videographer/Editor in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Videographer/Editor in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reaction Search International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired a little while ago to be a videographer and editor for the company and it's been a very smooth transition into the work environment. My interview was relaxed and everyone in the office space is warm and welcoming. Doing good work is emphasized and hard work is rewarded. Compensation and hours are more than reasonable.

Cons

As a videographer I'm making videos that help benefit the company. The frustrating thing is not being able to shoot stuff when I have my equipment with me. I completely understand that people are busy, but when you pre plan to shoot something and it doesn't get shot on the date, it's not helping the project.

5. "Overall Great"

Pros

I’ve worked here a long time; I think it’s a great place to be. Everyone has new or newish computers, there’s indoor plants and flowers, a well-stocked snack area. Pay for performance enables comp growth for all staff, regardless of function. Birthdays & anniversaries are celebrated for all full time staff. There’s lots of training provided. There’s lots of opportunity to grow sales, recruiting, and client-facing skills, as well as public speaking, business writing and lead generation/cold calling skills. Management is approachable and quick to help anyone who needs it. It’s a great place to learn a little bit about all industries, the projects are usually interesting. It’s a great place to meet lots of interesting people who are top performers in a variety of industries. Over the time I’ve worked here, Management has made a lot of changes, some kept, some discarded, to make the work environment more enjoyable, productive and profitable for staff. New projects and clients come in all the time, it’s a dynamic, high energy place. My personal favorite, there's also a matched 401k, decent health benefits, and gym membership. Physical health and work/life balance is strongly supported. Everyone is friendly, open, social and strives to be helpful. This is an especially great place for people who want to build up to their own recruiting desk.

Cons

While not “cons” per say, RSI isn’t right for everyone. RSI is very metrics driven, and employees are held accountable for performance. Those who meet expectations earn higher expectations. It’s also an open office space with cubicles and shared workspaces. Minimal sound/sight privacy. Plans are to increase openness. Recruiting is basically sales, so the office is very fast paced, high energy, noisy. RSI is very entrepreneurial- there’s lots of change as clients and candidates come and go and as tools are tried out, incorporated or discarded. Again, not “cons” exactly, but not the right place for everyone. RSI is not right for people who need a quiet, introspective, private work environment, or need a lot of consistency and predictability throughout the day or work poorly under pressure and scrutiny. RSI is not the place for people who aren’t “people people,” as all roles deal with clients, candidates and work in teams with other staff, and everyone meets a wide variety of people and personalities. These qualities aren't really cons, as they are a typical part of any business oriented around selling and delivering a service, but some some personalities can find these qualities challenging or uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Needed: Flexible hours for full time staff.

"It was a great experience working here! I definitely learned a lot and can use a lot of my knowledge for future jobs."

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

Pros

I very much enjoyed my co-worker's company. The job can be pretty tedious, but everyone around me made it a bit better. Also, we sometimes have company dinners where we just drink, eat, etc. It's very fun!

Cons

I didn't see much of an opportunity for personal growth.

7. "Awesome place to work Top Quality Executive Search Firm"

Current Employee - Senior Project Director Executive Search Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Reaction Search International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Training, Collaboration, performance trips, unlimited income opportunity,

Cons

You need to be a self starter

Advice to Management

More office baseball outings, a ton of fun!

8. "My experience at Reaction Search has been very informative and a great experience."

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

Pros

There is a great culture here at Reaction Search we have casual Fridays, Jamba Juice Fridays, and we play music in the office. Everyone is treated equally and fairly in the office and everyone has the opportunity to move up in the ranks and has the opportunity to earn a very competitive income.

Cons

I wouldn't say there are any cons at Reaction Search Search. If you are a hard worker and you do your best at your job then you will be very satisfied.

9. "Fast-growing company with great work culture, amazing educational experience and unlimited growth potential."

Current Employee - Project Manager/Executive Search Consultant in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Executive Search Consultant in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reaction Search International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment/company culture
    - Unlimited growth potential both in responsibility and compensation
    - Have experienced, seasoned upper management that are friendly and approachable and act as great mentors in employee development.

Cons

There are no cons at this company!

Advice to Management

None, keep up the great work!

10. "One Solid Company"

Former Employee - Senior Project Director in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Director in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reaction Search International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay
    Great Benefits
    Outstanding Leadership
    One of the best places to work in the East Bay!

This company is driven to succeed and has been doing so for years. I watched it grow from a start-up to one of the fastest growing companies in the East Bay. Even today they are delivering quality service at a reasonable price.

Cons

Service Fees are high, but so is the quality of work. This is one of those companies that will go above and beyond to service the client. They take your calls day or night and have a can-do attitude. I have seen them take on some of the most challenging searches you can imagine and they came through with flying colors!

Nothing really negative to say about this company. QUALITY!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've been a success for a long time, and there is no reason that should change! You are fair to your employees and expect greatness from them... and they deliver!

11. "A great place to work with unlimited potential and a great culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Director
    Current Employee - Senior Project Director

Pros

- The company provides lots of support but doesn't micromanage,
    - Lots of opportunity to personal, professional, and monetary growth
    - Ongoing training provided
    - Collaborate work environment

Cons

The recruiting business is not easy, so the work itself can be challenging. But RSI is the best in the business, and if anyone can do it, they can!