ReadyTech Reviews in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

Oakland, CA

2.2
John K Woodward

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Chill people, interesting products"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work with a chill group of people. It is not the high stress environment that I experienced at other places. It's nice to come in and focus on the work itself instead of keeping up with a lot of meetings and other busy work that seems like is always part of working at the bigger companies.

There are other reasons I like it here, the product is interesting...the pay/benefits are decent. The commute and the lunch places :) But the work environment for me is a big deal and it suits me here. It is a nice mix of people that are friendly and relaxed but also focused.

Cons

Management is pretty direct/blunt. It can be intimidating if you're not used to it. But over time I've learned to appreciate the directness, and be more direct myself. It is respected and not taken personally.

Advice to Management

More company updates from managers and president. Like in blog posts or call in meetings? I personally am interested to know more about what's going on, even if it doesn't apply directly to me.

"I wanted to be treated fairly with respect."

Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time

Pros

I worked in both the Alameda and Oakland locations. My job was not glamorous but my co-workers seems nice, especially the support techs. The commute between sites was ok. They provided a vehicle.

Cons

The leadership and management here made my job harder and more terrible than it should be. I mean we are all human beings here doing our best. I had to resign and thank goodness I did. My current job pays more and actually values my work.

Advice to Management

Communicate with respect. Treat your folks the way you want to be treated.

"My Official Glassdoor Review"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has some hard working folks in development and tech support. The location is centrally located in Oakland. It is a very vibrant area.

Cons

Management and leadership have poor vision and delegation to the team. There's a bit of mental abuse here when things don't communicate clearly by them. Seeing folks get walked out every now and then for their miscommunication brought a bad taste to my mouth.

Advice to Management

This is a great job market. If you wish to retain the best, treat your staff with dignity and respect they deserve. This does not mean managing from a bi-polar standpoint. Be consistent and open to communication.

"Honest Glassdoor Review from a former Sr. Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management called me to rate my experience when I was with ReadyTech. Apparently they are in need of positive reviews here. As a former employee, I was here for a couple of years. I enjoyed working with my colleagues but management is a different story. I refuse to pump up ratings and will provide an honest feedback here.

Cons

Management and the owner are extremely rude. I know a lot of times they have issues with employees who asks questions. If you work here, forget white boarding and clarification meetings. If management do not convey things clearly, be prepare to act on your guess. If you ask even one follow up question, they will snap in front of you.

Advice to Management

My advice is that ReadyTech Management allow employees to ask questions without belittling them.

"Words cannot sum up RT Leadership"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I miss my team and the customers I work with. The Oakland area is very vibrant. I wish everyone was like my team members.

Cons

Leadership and management is a joke, especially the President of the company. He is very moody and picks on his staff. They are always looking for someone to bully.

Advice to Management

This isn't a fraternity. Stop the harassment and bullying. Grow up or else your turnover will increase to 50%.

"Read All Reviews on Glassdoor before you consider Readytech!"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time

Pros

The company is quite small and close to Bart. Great co-workers. Customers are nice. Learn some things not to do.

Cons

Management runs it like a mom and pop. It is quite unbelievable here. You have to see it to believe it. It's not a startup or even an organized company. Management don't care about your feedback. You have to avoid uttering a single word while you work.

Advice to Management

Not quite sure what to say. What needs to be said has been said already. Good luck with your management style.

"Technical Support"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No drama or politics at the lower levels
    Very cool coworkers
    A lot of freedom not much micro management
    Relaxed management. Do your work and you will be fine
    Netherlands office (chance to visit for work)

Cons

No tiers in support dept.

Advice to Management

Keep exploring the work remote option. Reward the proven staff to allow them to work from home. If they are going to do the work in the office, they will be the same at home.

"Nepotism at It's Best!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time

Pros

The locations in Alameda and Oakland are perfect for the East Bay professionals. Lots of eateries popping out in the area. More tech employers popping up.

Cons

Management has high nepotism. They favor those who have a personal relationship with them. What is odd is that these are folks in in sales, market, and admin. Aren't we suppose to be a tech company?

Advice to Management

They will not listen. Open ears turn to eventual etaliation.

"My fellow colleagues are on Glassdoor?"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's hard to describe the positives of this company. I guess if you are located in the northern part of East Bay, this would be a stepping stone to other companies within a year.

Cons

Not sure where to start since my colleagues have stated all the truth and obvious. I'm still shocked that there are so many of them on Glassdoor. I should have signed up for this long ago. The leadership here is extremely selfish in accomplishing what's best for their own interest. There's a rumor that half of us will be outsourced to Ukraine and the Netherlands.

Advice to Management

They appeared to listen but little action has been done.

ReadyTech Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Director of Finance

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to better understand why you feel leadership is selfish. Our goal is to make the best business decisions that will ensure the ongoing success and growth of... More

"Company driven more by Micro Management, Owner Politics, and Admin Staff. Glassdoor reviews don't lie!"

Current Employee - Development Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Development Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech part-time

Pros

Software company that is situated in Oakland and Alameda. Close to where I live in the East Bay. Pleasant hard working colleagues and customers.

Cons

If you are a developer or designer, this is not the company for you. Readytech is very driven by owner politics, micro management, and most puzzled of all by the Admin/Marketing/Sales Staff. If you don't believe this, just look at all the honest reviews on Glassdoor from the Tech Staff. Positive ratings are only from finance, sales, and marketing folks. They treat tech folks like second tier staff even though we put in the long hours of development, QA, and tech support. They even attempt time after time to rate them high on Glassdoor, but the tech staff refuse to.

Advice to Management

They are slowly outsourcing tech projects to the Ukraine. They will deny this and keep the political positive spin through the administration/marketing/sales staff.

ReadyTech Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Director of Finance

Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to better understand the source of your frustration. You say "ReadyTech is very driven by owner politics, micro management, and most puzzled of all by the... More