Real Soft Reviews in Cranbury, NJ | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Real Soft President & CEO Rajan Desai
Rajan Desai

Pros
  • Management is very supportive, Managers and team members are very helpful and friendly, easily approachable, quick response (in 5 reviews)

• Company has lot of good clients need little more efforts to grow Big (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Other parts of senior management are clueless, cheap, and shouldn't be running a business (in 3 reviews)

• Too many people trying to do the same thing, no one person you're responsible to contact, or coordinate with (in 2 reviews)

"Wonderful Company and People"

Former Employee - Accountant in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Accountant in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Real Soft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A very good, team atmosphere.
    Knowledgeable senior staff.
    Hard working Payroll and Accounting department - I learned how to do things the right way.
    Very helpful and friendly co-workers from top-to-bottom.

Cons

The building in Cranbury off route 130 wasn't great - very cold, very few places around to go eat. No vending machines. Left just before they moved to South Brunswick so not sure how much better it is.

Advice to Management

Rajan was more than a fair owner to work for and treated everyone great. Best advice I can give is to try and have less turnover although you can say that about pretty much any company. Really enjoyed my stay at Real Soft and think the company is in great hands.

"Cattle class environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Real Soft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good clients / Great mentoring/ training and very good support staff

Cons

Looking at most recent review here I am providing my experience. I had the opportunity to work there and distinctly observed elite class (fortunate few) and cattle class (remaining masses) work environment. The owner is indifferent to the needs of cattle class and always side with the elite class.  I had kudos from the clients for my efforts and work ethics, however suddenly elite class colleague made me look like a villain for her selfish act;  Next thing I was side lined from everything. Rather than being miserable, I chose to move on.

Advice to Management

Avoid ignoring cattle class employees before they are long gone. Work place smells like sewer; please fix the issue.  Please pay market salary to the employees.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Real Soft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best company that I have worked so far. Good learning opportunities, job stability, great clients to work with. My personal experience has been very positive at Real Soft in the last 4 years that I have worked with them. If you know what you are doing and spirited at work, you can enjoy working here. The management and my supervisor have been very supportive and helpful. They recognize hard work and if you are starting a new career this is one of the best places where you can learn and develop your skills.

Cons

There could be some occasional office politics creeping up; however, the management is prompt in addressing them. Like any other company some obnoxious characters will try to create negativity; if you are able to ignore them you will enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Could be more prompt in addressing compensation / commissions changes.

"Doesn't get much worse than this."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Real Soft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As with just about every company, there are some quality people that work there.

Office space is roomy, you certainly don't feel cramped.

Plenty of lunch options nearby.

Offers 401K

Company has decent work from home policy.

Cons

Substandard office equipment. From computers to fax machines, you name it. If something needs to be replaced the replacement is the cheapest thing on the market and breaks immediately.

Staff not diverse. When they do try and diversify its always forced and its for appearance's sake only.

As other reviews have stated, company has high turnover rate. Some people are only hired to be fired. This goes hand in hand with company trying to appear more diverse only for appearance's sake.

Zero growth. Never seen anyone get promoted within. Whatever you get hired as, that's how you're leaving!

Atmosphere of non-cooperation. One department has no clue what another department is doing and doesn't care to find out. Lots of passing the buck. Emails are only answered by accident.

Executives are all useless. Tell owner only what he wants to hear. Some of them are his relatives. Any executive that he's had who has told him hard truths he's gotten rid of.

Health benefits aren't good. Premiums are sky high, especially if you want to cover your spouse or family.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Owner has been told many times by smart people what needs to be done. He refuses to listen.

"The most frustrating place I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Real Soft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- A few nice employees to work with.

Cons

- Upper management is completely inept and doesn't care about their employees; they've grown completely disconnected with how the industry operates in the 21st century.
    - Problems with their accounting office will make your head spin.
    - Compensation + vacation package is a joke compared to other companies.
    - The place is becoming less and less culturally diverse.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake positive reviews on here. There's a reason your company's reputation takes a beating on Glassdoor...

"Ok"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Real Soft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Collegues and easy to work with .Nice Location

Cons

Alot of Mismanagement. Need to improve work flow

Advice to Management

Devise job descriptions and job speifications and adopt them

"Opportunities for growth if you are willing to work and go beyond job duties"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Pros

Management is willing to listen, small office, friendly environment, opportunity to grow since company is growing

Cons

limited holiday pay, policy on working from home

Advice to Management

continue to provide feedback to employees, listen to what they have to say and when appropriate act on it

"A terrible place to work."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cranbury, NJ

Pros

A few pleasant employees to work with. The office itself is somewhat nice, with a full kitchen and nice outside area, if you like being surrounded by farms and other offices.

Cons

Management is terrible. They treat you like you are a piece of meat. They fire people like it's nothing. I have seen people come and go every month. Employees fear the management because you never know who is going to get fired next.
    Almost no training what-so-ever. The area around the office is terrible.. You have to drive at least 10 minutes to get something decent to eat. Hours are long, and you get an unpaid lunch. Which means 9-6.
    I read 2 good reviews about Real Soft, and they were obviously written by a current employee. The two good reviews from March 2010 are not genuine reviews.
    Vacation seems great at 3 weeks, but that includes sick / emergency days.
    Worst job ever. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Maybe treat employees the way you would like to be treated. Management feels like you are working for an 8th grader in a bad mood. Some of the most immature people I have ever dealt with. If you can avoid this place, do so like it's the plague.

"An open environment where all levels in the organization can share their ideas"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Pros

Open, friendly environment, strong experienced leadership, future thinking, employees allowed to express themselves freely without negative consequences, see growth opportunities

Cons

Sometimes difficult to get things approved quickly

Advice to Management

Allow your management to make more decisions without requiring approval by CEO

"Dynamic, Meaningful and Growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Pros

Working at Diversity Direct is a dynamic and exciting opportunity. We are a growing company that has been gaining business and heading in the right direction. Helping to refine our process and add value to our Partners and our Clients creates a very rewarding work environment, with each day presenting a unique opportunity to perform and learn.

Cons

Some days are hectic, but that is part of a growing company, in many ways the negatives are actually positives

Advice to Management

Keep growing and keep the focus on customer service