Real Soft Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Real Soft President & CEO Rajan Desai
Rajan Desai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • salary always paid on time and bench period is rare (in 2 reviews)

• I've had almost no issues to speak of in all that time and I've always had a strong rapport with whomever was my assigned agent (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Other parts of senior management are clueless, cheap, and shouldn't be running a business (in 3 reviews)

• Too many people trying to do the same thing, no one person you're responsible to contact, or coordinate with (in 2 reviews)

1. "QA Tech"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Real Soft as a contractor

Pros

At least they were able to place me swiftly in the position.

Cons

miscommunication between Real Soft and company I was contracted to. RS called and told me the contract wasn't being re-upped and to come into work the next day, work the full shift, collect my things, leave my badge. They called over the weekend saying it was a mistake and I should come back to work that Monday.
    Also it is a foreign company that demands way to much background information. I do not trust what they might do with that information in the future.
    Also some late payments due to HR errors on their part.

2. "Avoid this company - you will be disappointed"

Former Contractor - Executive Assistant/Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Former Contractor - Executive Assistant/Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Real Soft as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Unable to come up with any at this time

Cons

Recruiters appear to be desperate to find qualified people to fill their requisitions. Far too many times, I have received emails from RSI recruiters with contract opportunities that are miles from my home - sometimes out of state - even though my resume clearly states (in the summary) my location preferences. I presume they are desperate and unable to fill these requisitions with qualified candidates, so they waste time by reaching ... and then have the audacity to ask us to do their job for them by saying, "please pass along to someone you know who might be interested." If this is how RSI works when it is trying to recruit candidates for their clients - I shudder to think how they will treat candidates once they have "reeled them in."

Advice to Management

Tell your recruiters to READ the resumes they use to fill client requisitions ... and stop wasting our time. There is a reason you aren't attracting top quality candidates

"Avoid Real Soft"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I have been working at Real Soft (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly, quick to respond to emails

Cons

Not forthcoming about their employee upcharge; unyielding to provide raises; claims there's not enough in the budget for a rate increase.

Advice to Management

Haven't dealt with mgmt

"They don't pay you on time and apologize every time"

Former Employee - Converted From Realsoft in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Converted From Realsoft in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

None. They apologize for their bi weekly mistakes. Every single time.

Cons

They can pay on time ever. When you inquire about it they "apologize" and then make good on it. Somehow. Like some sort of miracle.

Now they screwed up my final payroll and they will be paying 30 days late. I'm expected to appreciate that they acknowledged the mistake. It's been 6 months of mistakes and apologies.

Advice to Management

Buy Quicken

Jun 20, 2016 – vice president

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your payment issue. Please know that this is not the norm at Real Soft. I will personally look into any exceptions to our process that may have... More

"No furure"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiting in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiting in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Pros

Nothing to list pros for this company, upper management has no idea whats happening to the employees

Cons

The management team runs on one policy , " its my way or high way" . No one bothers about how much hard work you put it , end of the day it has to be approved by them to get acknowledged . As someone below posted in their review employees are divided into elite and cattle class. Many seniors have left the company and the company is surely spiraling down

Advice to Management

Stop puttong positive reviews as soon as you see negative reviews , it becomes very obvious for people out there . Instead spend time working on the loop holes.

"Horrible atmosphere, toxic work environment, with poor management"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Real Soft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Almost none, some of the people are rather nice, but none in management.

Cons

Where to start? The salary compensation is far below the area and the job requirements. The constantly change your job functions and require work with "promised" money without ever amending your job offer. You are transferred to new areas with no training and after a week questioned about your poor performance or lack of numbers. Once you are hired for a position, that is the position you will have period, there is no advancement in this company.

Advice to Management

Actually caring about people would be nice, but you should also try actually having conversations with the people you employ instead of walking past people saying hello or greeting you and pretending to be on your phone. Work with your people instead of treating everyone they are beneath you.

Apr 7, 2015 – vice president

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take these reviews seriously and use the content to improve ourselves, our company, and the day-to-day experience of all staff... More

"Real soft is all about lies!"

Pros

Location? Colleagues although there is atleast one employee out the door per month without any warnings or real reasons but just coz the one person in the management feels like it

Cons

Dealing with the management and getting them to deal with ur issues and concerns!
    This guy somehow pretends to be whole and sole of the company. Very unprofessional, unethical...

Advice to Management

Get some real professional management team and trust the people who trust you.
    With so many people running out the door; understand there cannot be smoke without a fire.

Apr 7, 2015 – vice president

Thank you for posting feedback for Sr. Management's review. We appreciate all feedback regarding our employees time working for our firm. You are correct, turnover in the staffing services... More

"Doesn't get much worse than this."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Real Soft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As with just about every company, there are some quality people that work there.

Office space is roomy, you certainly don't feel cramped.

Plenty of lunch options nearby.

Offers 401K

Company has decent work from home policy.

Cons

Substandard office equipment. From computers to fax machines, you name it. If something needs to be replaced the replacement is the cheapest thing on the market and breaks immediately.

Staff not diverse. When they do try and diversify its always forced and its for appearance's sake only.

As other reviews have stated, company has high turnover rate. Some people are only hired to be fired. This goes hand in hand with company trying to appear more diverse only for appearance's sake.

Zero growth. Never seen anyone get promoted within. Whatever you get hired as, that's how you're leaving!

Atmosphere of non-cooperation. One department has no clue what another department is doing and doesn't care to find out. Lots of passing the buck. Emails are only answered by accident.

Executives are all useless. Tell owner only what he wants to hear. Some of them are his relatives. Any executive that he's had who has told him hard truths he's gotten rid of.

Health benefits aren't good. Premiums are sky high, especially if you want to cover your spouse or family.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Owner has been told many times by smart people what needs to be done. He refuses to listen.

"The most frustrating place I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Real Soft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- A few nice employees to work with.

Cons

- Upper management is completely inept and doesn't care about their employees; they've grown completely disconnected with how the industry operates in the 21st century.
    - Problems with their accounting office will make your head spin.
    - Compensation + vacation package is a joke compared to other companies.
    - The place is becoming less and less culturally diverse.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake positive reviews on here. There's a reason your company's reputation takes a beating on Glassdoor...

"A terrible place to work."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cranbury, NJ

Pros

A few pleasant employees to work with. The office itself is somewhat nice, with a full kitchen and nice outside area, if you like being surrounded by farms and other offices.

Cons

Management is terrible. They treat you like you are a piece of meat. They fire people like it's nothing. I have seen people come and go every month. Employees fear the management because you never know who is going to get fired next.
    Almost no training what-so-ever. The area around the office is terrible.. You have to drive at least 10 minutes to get something decent to eat. Hours are long, and you get an unpaid lunch. Which means 9-6.
    I read 2 good reviews about Real Soft, and they were obviously written by a current employee. The two good reviews from March 2010 are not genuine reviews.
    Vacation seems great at 3 weeks, but that includes sick / emergency days.
    Worst job ever. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Maybe treat employees the way you would like to be treated. Management feels like you are working for an 8th grader in a bad mood. Some of the most immature people I have ever dealt with. If you can avoid this place, do so like it's the plague.