Real Time Resolutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Real Time Resolutions Reviews

Updated June 7, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management literally could not care less for anyone not in middle management or higher (in 6 reviews)

• I understand that call center work isn't ideal, but no one twisted anyone's arm to get them to work here (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX

Pros

I have worked at RTR over the course of the past 6 years in several different departments. It has allowed me to gain experience in several different parts of the company ranging from Short Sales to Customer Experience and has prepared me to be successful in a full-time capacity. While working for the company, I was given the opportunity to have a very flexible work schedule that allowed me to get off early on some days and spend extra time with my family. I had 5 different managers all in different departments, and every one of them was approachable and accommodating. The best part about the company is the people that work there. Everyone is down to earth and easy to get along with. I would recommend working here to anyone looking for a fulfilling career.

Cons

Interns don't get PTO like full-time staff do on Holidays.

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with time off great staff to work with well educated and seem to enjoy working under most managers open environment

Cons

Poor upper management very little train for staff before they hit the floor promotion by favoritism and not by your accomplishments

"Look Elsewhere...."

Former Employee - Recovery Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recovery Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO & some managers make the otherwise boring environment fun.

Cons

The commission checks are nice if you can actually earn them. Management makes it seems as if you can snap your fingers and *poof* customers will dish out thousands of dollars. Rules and policies are constantly changing and are stressful at times. Quality control is down your throat about every aspect of a phone call, so kiss that supposedly easy 200 dollars goodbye. Some supervisors have no interest in trying to help, they're clearly only there to collect a check. I wish they would fire a lot of management and start over completely,

Advice to Management

As someone stated, keep Matt Rich, he is what's keeping this company afloat presently.

4. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Real Time Resolutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay for interns, willing to work around your school schedule.

Cons

Interns get treated as such. You get the crappiest chairs, and spot to sit. The crappy chairs really would bother you if you had a bad one. You'd think they would buy a bunch of new chairs, some of those are 10+ years old my guess.

Advice to Management

Matt Rich is the dude. Keep him.

"Good in between in need kind of job"

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Professional in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Professional in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible when it comes to sudden schedule changes or calling off

Cons

Pay, no opportunity to move up, sudden changes with no notices, low morale

Mar 11, 2016 – SVP - Human Resources

We want you to know that RTR values your opinion and we would like to understand and address your concerns regarding your review. Please contact our HR Department to discuss your concerns further ... More

"Real time bimbos"

Former Employee - N/A in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - N/A in Dallas, TX

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They're flexible. Lots of PTO.

Cons

RTR is garbage. This is a company with very low standards which is made obvious by walking into the restrooms. Management is all over the place. I remember walking through the halls and hearing managers yelling at delinquent borrowers at the top of their lungs. Now they don't want you to even sneeze when you're on the phones. Their hiring process is a joke. They give an intelligence test before they hire you but I'm not real sure about its effectiveness since there's a lot of baffoons working there. Their background checks aren't much better-- they've hired convicted child molesters before. Nepotism runs rampant. Management promotes based on personal relationships which is very unprofessional. The managers make decisions which make you scratch you're head and wonder if they had some type of alcoholic beverage before they came to work. They're doing layoffs like crazy which doesn't surprise me at all with all the goofballs running the place. If you're looking to start a career, look somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Try to promote people with some brains.

"Ok company to work at for a short time"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, dress code was very comfortable. Most of my coworkers there were great to work with and made it a lot easier to come into work each day. Plenty of office supplies to use and coffee to drink.

Cons

Very little movement for legitimate advancement, mostly lateral moves managers call "promotions". 75% of the company is analysts and typically promotions happen based on who the manager or VP likes or how long you have been with the company rather than quality of work and qualifications. Management thinks if they like someone and get along with them they can shape them into any role they want to, which ends up backfiring for both parties.

Advice to Management

Either remove the need for a college degree for all employees or compensate them according to your required qualifications. You do not pay enough for employees to pay back student loans, yet you require a degree (which usually results in student loan debt).

8. "Decent job"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Solutions Professional in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Solutions Professional in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, nice schedule, laid back environment and dress code

Cons

No chance of advancement, upper management are mostly related and recommend jobs to other family members

Advice to Management

Actually manage

Dec 23, 2015 – SVP - Human Resources

“Thank you for your feedback. RTR values the opinions of all our staff members and we would appreciate the opportunity to understand and address your concerns surrounding the cons you expressed ... More

9. "Good starter company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good starter company to gain experience and move on to a different company. Company also provides company paid benefits. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Company does not offer a company matched 401k. Company thrives on low pay and minorities fresh out of college. Employees and management are frequently moved around in the company, creating an inability to become a subject matter expert in a specific field (this does however allow the company to have a versatile bucket of employees to pick from when other employees quit or get fired).
    Very high turnover.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as long-term assets, not short-term. Salary increases for long-term employees would help retain senior talent, and help the company grow in the long-term.

Jan 6, 2016 – SVP - Human Resources

10. "Not a bad place to start, but don't finish here."

Former Employee - Compliance in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Compliance in Dallas, TX

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Will hire with no experience.
    Good start in an office environment, you will develop "soft skills" that are necessary and not honed in a retail or other environment.

Cons

Pay is very low relative to other workplaces.
    Zero room for advancement.

Advice to Management

There's not much to say. I think the hiring model is fine: hire out of college and give experience/salary to fresh grads needing it. When I was there my department (cannot speak for others) did not have facetious team-building exercises. Come in, do your work, gain experience, move on to something better. Win-Win.