RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can be tough sometimes (in 20 reviews)

• Some from the upper management is not open for others' opinion (in 28 reviews)

1. "Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Marketing in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels like a family. Management seems to care about people and want you to excel.

Cons

Hard to move up. Hard to bonus.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities

Sep 18, 2017

Thanks for the post. I'm glad you feel the company has a good atmosphere. Lets get together and talk about a career path for you. Call me direct at x4016 and lets explore together your career desires... More

2. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime opportunities. Lots of monetary incentives

Cons

Stupid point system for attendance.

Advice to Management

Micromanaging is stressful. Fully introduce staff to new employees. Hire within for advancement opportunities.

Jul 23, 2017

Thank you for your post. Noting that we closed this location almost two years ago and consolidated it within our new location in Patewood, S.C., you would be pleased to know that the engagement... More

3. "Great Culture and Offices-Just Not For Me"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant II in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant II in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great location
    -Beautiful state-of-the-art offices
    -Amazing amenities
    -Decent Benefits
    -Competitive Pay
    -Decent benefits
    -Gourmet cafe and Coffee bar

I was only with the company for three months when I was presented with an offer from a different company that I couldn't pass up. The work I was doing with RealPage was not aligned with my particular skill set as a Business Analyst/Implementation Consultant. Ultimately, for me, it just wasn't a good fit. I think for people who like document collection (Due Diligence), this could be a perfect job. It is an awesome company with so many perks and benefits and the employees seemed genuinely content.

Cons

-No structured training program
    -Learn as you go can set you up for failure
    -Too many chiefs

In my team there was a lot of direction coming from multiple sources, sometimes muddying the waters on what was a top priority. This is not indicative of RealPage as a whole, I just happened to be dropped into working a massive backlog of sites that required countless hours of document gathering. This, coupled with not being trained on the systems needed to implement a site then being held accountable for the full implementation, was a bit offputting. But that is simply growing pains as we recently took over implementations from another company as a result of acquisition of that company.

In the end, that is nit-picking. RealPage is a great employer, it just wasn't a fit for me as I wanted to be more of a business analyst and ultimately that is not what I ended up doing.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing your employees and listening to them. From my short time there it appears you truly appreciate your staff by providing them with the very best in perks, benefits, pay, and more...

May 11, 2017

Thank you for your post. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

"Great Place to Work Depending on department"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Benefits, Team Environment, Room For Advancement

Cons

Lack of Communication between management and employees

Advice to Management

Improve the communication within department especially when the Performance Improvement Plans and Exit interviews have zero follow up from management

Mar 24, 2017

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your balanced comments. Your advice is spot on and we do have a company wide focus on performance improvement plans to ensure that we are hitting the objectives... More

"BIg company on their way up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

RealPage call center is on the right path to being a great place to work! I was happy there for 2+ years and fortunate to have the opportunity for growth! The call center is a fun place to work for a while and the people are pretty nice.

Cons

There are very few opportunities to develop professionally and they tell you this is a "career" not just a job, but there is no clear path from the call center for most.

Advice to Management

Stop overlooking current employees for promotions because they "just want to get off the phone"! Of course we want off the phones! The appeal to RealPage that there were possibilities to make this a career, and that is not the case 90% of the time.

Apr 3, 2017

Thank you for your post. The contact center has clearly improved its game over the past several years. Turnover has dropped, engagement scores have gone up, we have moved both US locations into new... More

6. "Implementation Consultant"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. 401K matching is pretty decent. Vacation time is good also

Cons

Depending on where you live, the drive can be a bit of a hassle

Advice to Management

Management is goo

Mar 14, 2017

Thank you for post and thank you for noticing that our benefits package is very competitive. We just announced our highest discretionary 401k match ever. The company is performing. Planning a good... More

"Commitment to innovation"

Current Employee - YieldStar Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - YieldStar Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steve Winn truly is committed to growing the organization and outperforming the market, becoming the best possible tools for the clients

Cons

We've grown so much it's difficult to find consistency between products. It's a challenge we are working hard to overcome

Advice to Management

Eliminating the silos between products

Jan 30, 2017

Thank you for your post. You have locked on to a priority that I truly see as getting better now that we have gotten our dev teams under Andrew and our Product teams under William. Then you add in... More

8. "Dream Job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Think this is the best job ever, everyone is so nice and always smiling. the inside of the building is so beautiful and they even have a gym! which just blew me away, and the desks are so cute and customizable I love it. and its colorful and just a great vibe to be in. the kind of environment where you don't even want to leave. I start this job in 2 weeks and this is my observation just from the open house interview! So im so excited to actually start and be on the phones making some money!

Cons

Havent experienced any cons yet.

Jan 9, 2017

Thank you for your post. I wish you nothing but a great career at RealPage. All the best, Sincerely Kurt Twining

"Loving where I work - Almost"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Realpage has really come a long way by moving their campus to Richardson from Carrollton where we were spread out over 3 buildings. Having a great place to work means more qualified candidates to choose from and better attrition of great employees. The amenities and benefits are great!

We joke that they are making it so convenient to be at work, we will never want to leave and that is their goal.

Salary is competitive and most of the people I work with are dedicated and hard working. I enjoy being with my work family.

Work/Life balance is great in most aspects, with the exception of working from home. I personally don't like to work from home most of the time, but sometimes it just makes sense. It is either not allowed or high discouraged, even if it is a rare request.

Cons

This appears to be a common complaint on here, but the High Deductible (HD) Insurance for families with chronic health conditions. While I understand the benefit for many people, I don't like that it is my ONLY option. I do take advantage of the HSA account but can't afford to put in the full allowable amount. This means when something urgent comes up, I have to pay out of pocket, which means some bill is not getting paid that month Yes, I live paycheck to paycheck. Good thing I also take advantage of the 401K to save money. I end up putting off getting health care because I don't have the money in my HSA account and can't afford to pay out of pocket at that time. It would be nice if we got the RP contribution to the HSA at the first of the year, with the understanding if we leave, we have to pay back a pro-rated share. I use the money in my HSA account as soon as its available every month. There is never any "extra" for emergencies.

While RP has done a GREAT job keeping the lines of communication open and keeping the employees in the loop through weekly emails and the employee portal about what is happening company-wide, I feel like it has gotten worse within my division. While we have 1 on 1's with our managers, I feel like I get very little feedback and have no idea how I am doing in the eyes of management. There have been lots of changes at RP and in our divisoin and we tend to find out about things after they happen through word of mouth rather than proactive announcements. (i.e. - new people added to the group or leaving the group) I am speaking specifically about division related changes, not overall RP changes.

Advice to Management

Encourage managers to share more with their employees. I know that new "leaders" go through a program at RP, but how often are the leaders reminded or coached about what a great leader does. I would love to have an open and honest discussion with my manager, but based on previous discussions and interactions, they get defensive. Knowing the current structure of our department, taking it up the chain won't help.

Please remind leaders to do these things and do them regularly:
    * Give credit and show appreciation when employees do a great job. Sometimes just a thank you is enough. We want to know that you see we are working hard.
    *Be clear about expectations
    *Make us feel included. Ask our opinion. There are lots of changes, but we rarely get the opportunity to give ideas or feedback. Decisions are made without getting any feedback from the people that it affects the most.
    * Build team spirit with organized events or activities.

Please consider additional options for employees that have chronic health conditions in their families so that the HD plan does not cause such a financial burden before the deductible is met.

Oct 27, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful post. The move to Richardson has been very exciting and I appreciate your comment that we are making it convenient to be a at work. I'm glad you... More

10. "Too many changes"

Former Employee - Courseware Development Specialist in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Courseware Development Specialist in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Politics exist but, is very bearable
    Interesting products, great industry
    Compensation and benefits are above industry standards

Cons

No employee development plans
    Scorecards change twice a year, so does the targets

Oct 20, 2016

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you recognized compensation, benefits and the industry are solid. Your point on development plans was fair. Now, this is what is happening for those who remain. For... More