RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance is not a priority either (in 17 reviews)

• Turn over in upper management and constant changing in departments (in 26 reviews)

1. "Great Company, lots of changes"

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

Very organized sales department
    great employees (good culture)
    lots of products to sell
    established in industry

Cons

lot of changes = uncertainty. Many management changes.

Feb 8, 2017

Thank you for your post. Outside of buying a recent top notch data company in the metroplex, we have been quite stable as far as the management team goes. No changes at the top in the last 8 months ... More

2. "Commitment to innovation"

Current Employee - YieldStar Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - YieldStar Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steve Winn truly is committed to growing the organization and outperforming the market, becoming the best possible tools for the clients

Cons

We've grown so much it's difficult to find consistency between products. It's a challenge we are working hard to overcome

Advice to Management

Eliminating the silos between products

Jan 30, 2017

Thank you for your post. You have locked on to a priority that I truly see as getting better now that we have gotten our dev teams under Andrew and our Product teams under William. Then you add in ... More

3. "Great data model to build business and monetize"

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

Leveraging data to monetize the property management business. Great model

Cons

Execution. Company segregated from SF to Texas

Advice to Management

Keep open communication

Jan 10, 2017

Thank you for your post. Glad you like the business model from your perspective. We strive every day to be better at execution as a global company. Your advice is spot on. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

5. "Dream Job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Think this is the best job ever, everyone is so nice and always smiling. the inside of the building is so beautiful and they even have a gym! which just blew me away, and the desks are so cute and customizable I love it. and its colorful and just a great vibe to be in. the kind of environment where you don't even want to leave. I start this job in 2 weeks and this is my observation just from the open house interview! So im so excited to actually start and be on the phones making some money!

Cons

Havent experienced any cons yet.

Jan 9, 2017

Thank you for your post. I wish you nothing but a great career at RealPage. All the best, Sincerely Kurt Twining

"Good and stable company to work for and fairly compensates new employees."

Pros

Stable company with continued growth, good work environment, colleagues, opportunities to move within the company, and great new work facilities with cafeteria and gym.

Cons

People that have worked for the company for a long time are not paid as high as the new incoming employees.
    Sometimes decisions are made at executive level without considering input from management personnel who know day-to-day operations.
    Sometimes decisions to change are made hastily without giving time for things to work.

Advice to Management

Consider compensation increases for employees who have been working at the company for a long time to catch them up with market.
    Make sure all aspects are considered and appropriate stakeholders involved in providing input before major decisions are made. Give an idea time to work before changing or pulling plug.
    Standardize processes and structure through all business units.

Nov 28, 2016

You made several very salient points in your post. We have an offsite on Dec 4-5th to go over standardization of jobs and functions across all RealPage. Jobs like implementations, Account Management ... More

"Loving where I work - Almost"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Realpage has really come a long way by moving their campus to Richardson from Carrollton where we were spread out over 3 buildings. Having a great place to work means more qualified candidates to choose from and better attrition of great employees. The amenities and benefits are great!

We joke that they are making it so convenient to be at work, we will never want to leave and that is their goal.

Salary is competitive and most of the people I work with are dedicated and hard working. I enjoy being with my work family.

Work/Life balance is great in most aspects, with the exception of working from home. I personally don't like to work from home most of the time, but sometimes it just makes sense. It is either not allowed or high discouraged, even if it is a rare request.

Cons

This appears to be a common complaint on here, but the High Deductible (HD) Insurance for families with chronic health conditions. While I understand the benefit for many people, I don't like that it is my ONLY option. I do take advantage of the HSA account but can't afford to put in the full allowable amount. This means when something urgent comes up, I have to pay out of pocket, which means some bill is not getting paid that month Yes, I live paycheck to paycheck. Good thing I also take advantage of the 401K to save money. I end up putting off getting health care because I don't have the money in my HSA account and can't afford to pay out of pocket at that time. It would be nice if we got the RP contribution to the HSA at the first of the year, with the understanding if we leave, we have to pay back a pro-rated share. I use the money in my HSA account as soon as its available every month. There is never any "extra" for emergencies.

While RP has done a GREAT job keeping the lines of communication open and keeping the employees in the loop through weekly emails and the employee portal about what is happening company-wide, I feel like it has gotten worse within my division. While we have 1 on 1's with our managers, I feel like I get very little feedback and have no idea how I am doing in the eyes of management. There have been lots of changes at RP and in our divisoin and we tend to find out about things after they happen through word of mouth rather than proactive announcements. (i.e. - new people added to the group or leaving the group) I am speaking specifically about division related changes, not overall RP changes.

Advice to Management

Encourage managers to share more with their employees. I know that new "leaders" go through a program at RP, but how often are the leaders reminded or coached about what a great leader does. I would love to have an open and honest discussion with my manager, but based on previous discussions and interactions, they get defensive. Knowing the current structure of our department, taking it up the chain won't help.

Please remind leaders to do these things and do them regularly:
    * Give credit and show appreciation when employees do a great job. Sometimes just a thank you is enough. We want to know that you see we are working hard.
    *Be clear about expectations
    *Make us feel included. Ask our opinion. There are lots of changes, but we rarely get the opportunity to give ideas or feedback. Decisions are made without getting any feedback from the people that it affects the most.
    * Build team spirit with organized events or activities.

Please consider additional options for employees that have chronic health conditions in their families so that the HD plan does not cause such a financial burden before the deductible is met.

Oct 27, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful post. The move to Richardson has been very exciting and I appreciate your comment that we are making it convenient to be a at work. I'm glad you ... More

8. "Great Coworkers, benefits"

Former Employee - Product Manager
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every person I worked with at RealPage was great. Fun to work with, always eager to help each other out, and each and every one was dedicated to making great software, and helping clients. Whenever there was a problem, we would get together and find the best way to solve the problem without wasting time trying to point fingers or place blame.

The benefits were top notch as well.

Cons

In some cases, there were just too many meetings. Also, not always enough resources to get projects completed on time.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep everyone informed about important business decisions.

Oct 27, 2016

Thank you for your post. You sound like a person who needs to come back to RealPage. I'm glad you liked your teammates, the dedication and the benefits. Yes, we run lean. I wish you nothing but the ... More

9. "Too many changes"

Former Employee - Courseware Development Specialist in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Courseware Development Specialist in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Politics exist but, is very bearable
    Interesting products, great industry
    Compensation and benefits are above industry standards

Cons

No employee development plans
    Scorecards change twice a year, so does the targets

Oct 20, 2016

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you recognized compensation, benefits and the industry are solid. Your point on development plans was fair. Now, this is what is happening for those who remain. For ... More

10. "Decent Job"

Pros

Helpful and Dedicated Co-Workers and Managers, Flexible Hours

Cons

A bit underpaid. Some positions require to work off hours and weekend

11. "good mid size company to work"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Middletown, CT

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good office facilities, good insurance.

Cons

No work from home. Bonus starts from manger and above position. So if you are applying for position which is lower than manager then there is no chance of getting bonus.

Sep 29, 2016

Thank you for your post. I wish you great success in your future endeavors. We do have bonus plans for account managers and customer service managers which start at grade 7 and go through 13 as they ... More