RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can be tough sometimes (in 19 reviews)

• Turn over in upper management and constant changing in departments (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunites"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people / corporate culture.
    Cutting edge technology if you are in the right group. A great technical career path with a very high ceiling.
    The new building in Richardson with the Gym and Cafe is pretty nice.
    A lot of upper management has deep technical experience, helps with no-nonsense decisions.
    Stock options and bonus plan. Health insurance seems great compared to friends I have talked to.

Cons

Experience can vary depending on what department you are in. (like anywhere really). There are some groups that are stuck handling some Legacy systems that are outdated, as RP moves towards the next level of these most are turning into opportunities to work with new tech as the Legacy systems are replaced, but It can be a slow process replacing large pieces of successful software.

Change is constant, If you don't adapt well to change, you probably will not like it here.

Advice to Management

I think you guys are on the right track. No place is perfect, but it is clear RealPage management by and large are making real efforts to make this a great place to work while staying very customer focused. Remember your agile roots and try to avoid getting too bogged down with policy and procedure.

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for your post. Your summary and advice are spot on. Glad you like the people and the culture. We are getting a lot of positive feedback on the new building as it rounds into shape. I find ... More

"Senior Supervisor Product Support"

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor Product Support in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Supervisor Product Support in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee Engagement, Salaries, Dedication to improvements

Cons

Benefits(Medical could be a lot better)

Advice to Management

Stay on top of your staff

Apr 24, 2017

Thank you for your post and recognizing that we are focused on employee engagement and improving all aspects of our game. As to your benefits comment, I suggest you call Stephanie Sanders and go over ... More

3. "Photographer"

Current Contractor - Photographer in Concord, NC
    Current Contractor - Photographer in Concord, NC

I have been working at RealPage as a contractor

Pros

Great field support! Plenty of work offered at your will. Flexible hours and geographical options. Unlimited income potential. They also offer direct deposit. Great partner.

Cons

The pay is roughly every 30 days minus holidays which could extent the time. Must ask questions about things you are not sure about.

Advice to Management

Management is on point. Feedback is given in a timely manner. Questions are answered percise. Offer other opportunities to photographers that submit a certain amount of images as a partner.

"Many great amenities"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The new campus houses a cafeteria (fantastic chef), game room, and work out facility among other great amenities

Cons

Not many cons to say

Jan 9, 2017

Thank u for your post. The campus is really great, every kind of food made daily from sushi to Mexican. After you catch lunch, then you can plan your workout with the personal trainers. The gym is ... More

6. "Review"

Former Employee - Senior Living Leasing Specialist in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Living Leasing Specialist in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage (More than a year)

Pros

Management team seemed to care for their employees. Always willing to listen.

Cons

Some shifts not family friendly. Hard to manage hours and family life.

Jan 9, 2017

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your balanced review. If you would like to return some day, please give me a call. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

"Developer II"

Current Employee - Developer II in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Developer II in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good work environment. Great exposure to different technologies. This is the first place I have worked where I can pretty much reach out to several different areas of the company for advice and training. It is nice to come in everyday knowing I will face new challenges. Even the product managers and upper management seem to know technical terms and can chat with you about different technologies. A very good place to work to learn new skills.

Cons

Medical benefits are not that great.

Dec 12, 2016

Thank you for your post. We're glad you are enjoying the new work environment, technologies and teammates. If you would like a deep dive on the benefits package, as they are very competitive to the ... More

8. "Real page photographer"

Current Contractor - Photographer in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Photographer in Houston, TX

I have been working at RealPage as a contractor

Pros

Good salary, you work your own hours and you decide how much you make weekly.

Cons

The first payment is after almost a month

Advice to Management

They should tell from the beggining the payment process to avoid conflicts

"More than just a software company"

Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

Pros

In my first interview with RealPage in the fall of 2005 I asked, "Just put me in play". And that they did. From there I have been able to experience multiple roles within the organization from Sales, Sales Engineering, Client Success, etc. Are there issues? Of course, it's a public company with over 4500 employees. But the pros outweigh the cons by far. I am incredibly proud to have been a part of RealPage, twice. I was given amazing opportunities to learn multiple areas of our industry. I left RP for two years and came back when offered a management position in Client Success. I was given management responsibilities of local and off-shore teams. My leadership gave me the tools I needed to take care of my people and our division.
    Like anything you have to go after your opportunities. If you are one to complain about compensation, management, benefits, etc. then be a part of a solution - RP gives you the space to do so.
    I have left to explore other companies because that is something personally I believe is good for my career and overall growth. I value the people, the friendships and the hard work I know so many people devote to RP every day.
    As far as culture - I believe it is what you make it. My leadership allowed me to develop the culture of my team and encouraged me by listening, guiding and mentoring me along the way.

Cons

I am not a fan of the current Salary planning and agree that RP should offer current employees the same that they would offer new candidates, but I believe this is something currently being reviewed by leadership. And to be fair, if I did have a request outside of salary planning parameters my leadership was always open to reviewing.

Advice to Management

Keep it up- you are doing great. And a special thank you to Kimberly Lang and Andrew Blount for their wonderful energy and dedication spent on guiding and mentoring their people, Kurt Twinning for his continued focus on the culture of RP, and to SW for his dedication to this awesome industry.

Jul 7, 2016

Thank you for your post. I understand, why you have gone to explore new venues. I want you to know that if you ever want to come back to RP, we will certainly find a home for you. Lets stay in touch ... More

"Agent"

Former Employee - Custoner Service in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Custoner Service in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent support and empkoyee appreciation

Cons

No individual consideration during personal issues

Advice to Management

More internal advancement

Apr 21, 2016

Thank you for your post. The customer service function is vitally important to RealPage. I'm glad you found support for your role and appreciation for the employees who work critical issues for our ... More

11. "Great Overall Experience"

Current Employee - Customer Care Licensed Anget in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Licensed Anget in Irvine, CA

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall working with the hiring team has been very easy, friendly, fast and everyone I spoke with has a great attitude and was very helpful. I enjoyed working with Carla who was states away but was very helpful and polite.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. Everything went very smooth.