RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employees are encouraged to have work-life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Great people, benefits & culture (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be tough sometimes (in 19 reviews)

• Some from the upper management is not open for others' opinion (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunites"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people / corporate culture.
    Cutting edge technology if you are in the right group. A great technical career path with a very high ceiling.
    The new building in Richardson with the Gym and Cafe is pretty nice.
    A lot of upper management has deep technical experience, helps with no-nonsense decisions.
    Stock options and bonus plan. Health insurance seems great compared to friends I have talked to.

Cons

Experience can vary depending on what department you are in. (like anywhere really). There are some groups that are stuck handling some Legacy systems that are outdated, as RP moves towards the next level of these most are turning into opportunities to work with new tech as the Legacy systems are replaced, but It can be a slow process replacing large pieces of successful software.

Change is constant, If you don't adapt well to change, you probably will not like it here.

Advice to Management

I think you guys are on the right track. No place is perfect, but it is clear RealPage management by and large are making real efforts to make this a great place to work while staying very customer focused. Remember your agile roots and try to avoid getting too bogged down with policy and procedure.

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for your post. Your summary and advice are spot on. Glad you like the people and the culture. We are getting a lot of positive feedback on the new building as it rounds into shape. I find... More

2. "Pricing Analyst"

Current Employee - Pricing in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Pricing in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture; brilliant and engaging coworkers and mentors; exceptional products to promote and support, and definite opportunities for advancement as the company continues to expand.

Cons

Health insurance package and benefits are not as good as at my last company, but still better than at other companies.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, expanding and providing innovative, intuitive and useful products which support the Property Management industry.

3. "Photography Coordinator"

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

Worked with good people and in a good location

Cons

No ability to advance to any other position

"Reconsider other opportunities before working here."

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

The building in Richardson is very nice with a great cafe.

Cons

Realpage is not trustworthy or transparent with it's employees in regards to informing them of critical information. Termination of positions from newly acquired companies even though they assure their employees that their positions are secured and not jeopardized.

Health insurance is covered 100% after deductible but deductible is extremely high and almost impossible to be met especially for single employees.

Lack of communication and uniformity in relaying information to their employees. Employees will have numerous questions in regards to certain information but everyone is kept in the dark including lower management. When information is finally received, it is not accurate and is not uniform with what other managers are relaying.

5. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime opportunities. Lots of monetary incentives

Cons

Stupid point system for attendance.

Advice to Management

Micromanaging is stressful. Fully introduce staff to new employees. Hire within for advancement opportunities.

Jul 23, 2017

Thank you for your post. Noting that we closed this location almost two years ago and consolidated it within our new location in Patewood, S.C., you would be pleased to know that the engagement... More

6. "Second Home"

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gives opportunities to expand your knowledge
    Supports individual career plans
    Open door policy

Cons

Since it has only been here in the Philippines for almost 6 years, there are certain things that are a Work In Progress

Advice to Management

Continue on taking care of your employees by treating them fairly

"Developer"

I worked at RealPage (More than 8 years)

Pros

The multifamily industry is very solid, so you should have good job security as far as the business environment is concerned.

Cons

Dysfunctional leadership pitted against each other, Management by fire-drill, Wages lower than the industry average, Many clients can't wait to get out from under contract, Growth is by acquiring companies and then ruining them.

Advice to Management

None

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RealPage will provide fair compensation for your experience and skills. Also the building is very nice, and there are quite a bit of conveniences like an on site cafe

Cons

RealPage has no clear direction for the company, the departments do not work together and the majority of management at RP have no clue and lack appreciation for their employees

Advice to Management

Take time out to acknowledge your employees that provide value to your company and weed out the bad managers/leader within your company that cause your company to loose some very good employees

Jun 19, 2017

Thank you for your post. I appreciate the fact that you like the building and thought your compensation was fair. I would take issue with the fact that you don't believe the company has clear... More

9. "New Kid"

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

The Work-life balance is good.

Cons

The insurance could be better.

"Overall good place to be"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company culture, established leader in the industry. Solid benefits package. Compensation was good. I liked and respected the leadership team. Facilities and work environment was comfortable and modern. Feels like a really big tech startup.

Cons

Operations really needed work in the division I worked in. We lost a lot of clients unecesssarily. Sales, Ops, Marketing and Product all worked in silos and didn't interact near as much as they should.

Advice to Management

Overall great place to work and build a career.

Jun 2, 2017

Thank you for your post. I will forward on to the respective leaders. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Kurt Twining