RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can be tough sometimes (in 19 reviews)

• Turn over in upper management and constant changing in departments (in 26 reviews)

"Poor Management"

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RealPage will provide fair compensation for your experience and skills. Also the building is very nice, and there are quite a bit of conveniences like an on site cafe

Cons

RealPage has no clear direction for the company, the departments do not work together and the majority of management at RP have no clue and lack appreciation for their employees

Advice to Management

Take time out to acknowledge your employees that provide value to your company and weed out the bad managers/leader within your company that cause your company to loose some very good employees

Jun 19, 2017

Thank you for your post. I appreciate the fact that you like the building and thought your compensation was fair. I would take issue with the fact that you don't believe the company has clear ... More

"In turmoil - reduced sales force."

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some very talented people work at RealPage.

Cons

Dysfunctional company - to fit in, must become "RealPagized".
    Grow through acquisition more than organically.
    Compare on LinkedIn hiring versus Yardi to see an overview of company dynamics.
    New hires receive high deductible insurance plan - $6,000 out-of -pocket
    Senior management tolerates harassment among employees.

Advice to Management

Replace archaic legacy systems and nurture your employees.

Jun 2, 2017

Thank you for your post. I see that you are a former employee and we do appreciate the fact that you pointed out that some very talented people work at RealPage. We do want to have our business ... More

"Can't get out of their own way"

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Great offices with gym and cafeteria.

Cons

If you're a fast mover and want to make things happen, this place isn't for you. Too many layers of bureaucracy make it impossible. Very cliquey.

Advice to Management

Delegate and trust those you've hired. You shouldn't have to go all the way to the top to make simple decisions.

"Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage (More than a year)

Pros

They were nice and helpful

Cons

It was such a boring job. I did the same thing everyday which was data entry and making calls. It sucked

Jun 2, 2017

Thank you for your post and since you listed yourself as a current employee I am going to make a suggestion to you and all future interns, even though you wrote in past tense. Walk down the hall and ... More

"the company has no compassion for life events of it employees"

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

The people, the Facilities, the salary

Cons

Commissions, scheduling , time off , the fact that they just take your vacation time with out even consulting you, health plan, you are forced to take a 6k deductible with BCBS that just means don't get sick or you will pay for it.

Advice to Management

Treat lower level employees like real people at real page who can have real problems from time to time.

May 15, 2017

Thank you for your post. Obviously you are in sales. I'm glad you like your co-workers, your pay and the facilities. We have not had a commission complaint in over a year according to the Sales ... More

"Contact Center Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company was great at providing incentives for the marketing agents.

Cons

Constant change. No room for career growth for the leaders. The company is very segmented the department's did not work cohesively together.

Advice to Management

Invest in your leaders.

Apr 10, 2017

Thank you for your post. I see that you departed after a considerable period of time and I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for at your next stop. As to investing in our leaders we ... More

"Decent place if you like treading water"

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay has been commensurate with position.

Decent medical insurance. 401k options with a weak match.

Nice new facility with covered parking, a cafeteria and gym.

Discounts to health insurance for achieving and maintaining goals throughout the year. Though the requirements went up this year, many employees anticipate not having discounts in the future. It'll just get more and more difficult to maintain.

Potential to take advantage of a weak market because AppFolio and Buildium are weak. Other than that, not much else really stands out.

Cons

Don't really expect to go anywhere. Echoing other reviews, middle and lower management is cluttered with idea and yes people. Don't expect to ever get interviewed or promoted up from the ranks. In nearly five years, I've only known two people to make it up to manager/business analyst. RealPage can and will hire from the outside, especially on the Propertyware side. Regardless of tenure, product knowledge and experience with other departments; you will get passed over. Very common complaint with rank and file employees. It's either go elsewhere or get so burned out you get let go.

HR complaints are not taken seriously. At all. Company had rehired a terminated individual that was let go for sexual harassment. Management didn't follow up at all with my two complaints. The first wasn't serious because of direct questions that would compromise the integrity of being anonymous; key part of the "Silent Whistle" program but whatever. The second didn't matter much because...termination. Common complaint with rank and file employees.

Fragile software package that often breaks leading to more headaches than resolutions. Development and product have been playing catch up with bug fixes for 5 years. Some client issues go unresolved in this game of chicken. Seeing who'll blink first; Propertyware or the client. Will the client cancel or just delete the issue and try again? Common complaint with the clients that email and write in. Just look in salesforce, don't listen to management because it's their tail on the line.

Departments constantly play hot potato with client complaints and bug issues. Communication is advocated but rarely taken seriously.

Crime issues with the parking garage. The city of Richardson is doing their part with police patrols but the on site security is as useless as Captain Uselessy McUseless of the USS Useless. Richardson PD shouldn't have even had to have been involved; common complaint with the rank and file employees.

I'm actually glad I was terminated. I just wish they'd done it outright instead of giving me a performance cap only to not give me the full 30 days. Why blow in my ear when you're not going to make the first move? It's just cheap and they do it all the time. Though the HR lady that walked me out was extremely nice. I don't know how she does that job, that's gotta be tough.

Propertyware had the potential do go places and be a leader but in the last two years there has been so much turnover that experienced employees are gone or have checked out. Management has alienated and driven off bright minds that could take them places. A majority of the people that remain are sycophants content with mediocrity. For the past two years, the excitement is gone. It was just a job and not a career anymore. Wasted a perfectly good monday morning driving in to get fired.

Open air workplace that is cool and straight out of the mind of a hipster that never catches colds. We all have that one friend that never gets sick and I think this is the person that designed this cesspool. People blowing their filthy noses and not washing their hands, coughing and running fevers and still coming to work. Touching the doorknobs. It's filthy and never sterilized. I've been in locker rooms at the hockey rink that feel less germy than this place. But hey, it's cool and inventive. You can't hear anything on the phone and your client complains because it's so loud but it's cool. Just look at the pictures on our website.

No severance pay but again, whatever. I already have two interviews and it's been less than six hours. Realpage trained me for better more exciting work with other companies. I can only imagine I'm on the no-rehire list which is ok I guess. Felt personal being let go but after this review, I can positively say I wouldn't be rehired.

Advice to Management

If management would listen to advice, I'd say start with every review on here and listen to those. We can point at positive percentages all we want but there are never any negative survey results posted. And there's a consistency at the negative complaints, from different unrelated people in different unrelated departments doing different unrelated jobs. Riddle me this Batman, if it smells like waste and is waste...whoa look, shiny object. Positive reviews and percentages from surveys!!

Employee morale would be better if there was a glimmer of hope to manage a department instead of stopping at Generic Job Title III.

Protect people's belongings and their vehicles instead of saving some PDF from the Richardson Police website as thinking that'll stop the bad guys.

Mar 23, 2017

Thank you for your post. I did a deep dive on your function today, your performance reviews, the engagement scores of your function, etc. Propertyware is a good product that continues to evolve. I ... More

"Shining beacon of mediocrity"

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team mates are frequently wonderful people

Cons

This place creates an atmosphere that encourages half-measures. Benefits seem to decrease year after year. Work environment is uncomfortable and distracting.

Advice to Management

You get the employees you pay for

Feb 20, 2017

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you found some really wonderful people working at RealPage. I'm struggling with your Con commentary, and I'm not discounting your personal experience, but without ... More

"Meh... clients are pissed."

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some stock rewards, decent pay if you negotiate. Company gives small perks (parking) and tries to give back to community by asking staff to contribute to charitable organizations.

Cons

Clients are pissed! They feel trapped after spending far too much for PM software. They throw in add on services in the package that are extremely weak. Clients are constantly getting the run around while trying to find the right people to fix their issues. Management knows the clients are pissed and try to change processes only to find their is no fix, leading to upper management churn. Trying to be top notch at EVERYTHING in the Multifamily space isn't possible for this company. Reputation in industry is that they don't "play well" with other organizations. Worked with some of the most annoying brown nosing people that won't let you get in a word in edgewise. Constantly asked to provide data to prove your worth. Never had an understanding what is really going on with this company. Management is very secretive, always had the feeling that big brother is watching. CPO spouts off without considering employees on situations that make you wonder if you your group is at risk. No room for anyone to really speak their minds.. so you better be a YES man if you want to work here.

Advice to Management

Try to be more transparent. Have a plan before you execute changes...Very cliche BUT plan the work and work the plan! Have a more clear path for employees to bloom within the organization. Try to better the add on products as they are damaging the reputation of the company.

Jan 30, 2017

Thank you for your post. I appreciate the fact that you pointed out the fact that RealPage is known to be one of the most charitable organizations in the metroplex. I would agree that all talented ... More

"Growth through acqusitions"

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of great employees who work hard and do everything in their power to make the company successful. Managers who are willing to roll up their sleeves and assist employees and other managers with tough technical issues.

Cons

A corporate mentality that seems to be "need to know" for even the most routine, trivial tasks. The most minor decisions seem to be made further up the management chain than necessary and critical decisions sometimes appear to have been made in a vacuum.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make existing staff of acquired companies feel like they are a valued "part of the team" and not just excess headcount.

Jan 30, 2017

That you for your post. I agree with your comments, there are a lot of hard working people doing good things at RealPage. Your advice is spot on, there is a real sensitivity factor that must be ... More