RealPage 439 Reviews | Glassdoor

RealPage Reviews

Updated March 25, 2017

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance is not a priority either (in 17 reviews)

• Turn over in upper management and constant changing in departments (in 26 reviews)

1. "Review"

Former Employee - Senior Living Leasing Specialist in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Living Leasing Specialist in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage (More than a year)

Pros

Management team seemed to care for their employees. Always willing to listen.

Cons

Some shifts not family friendly. Hard to manage hours and family life.

Jan 9, 2017

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your balanced review. If you would like to return some day, please give me a call. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

2. "Really Awful"

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is the only thing i can think of...

Cons

Everything else - The most horribly managed company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

It's so bad, i don't really know where to begin.

Feb 14, 2017

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you felt that you were paid fairly for the work you contributed. I would really like to understand your experiences here at RealPage, but the nature of the advice is ... More

"Growth through acqusitions"

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of great employees who work hard and do everything in their power to make the company successful. Managers who are willing to roll up their sleeves and assist employees and other managers with tough technical issues.

Cons

A corporate mentality that seems to be "need to know" for even the most routine, trivial tasks. The most minor decisions seem to be made further up the management chain than necessary and critical decisions sometimes appear to have been made in a vacuum.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make existing staff of acquired companies feel like they are a valued "part of the team" and not just excess headcount.

Jan 30, 2017

That you for your post. I agree with your comments, there are a lot of hard working people doing good things at RealPage. Your advice is spot on, there is a real sensitivity factor that must be ... More

5. "Dream Job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Think this is the best job ever, everyone is so nice and always smiling. the inside of the building is so beautiful and they even have a gym! which just blew me away, and the desks are so cute and customizable I love it. and its colorful and just a great vibe to be in. the kind of environment where you don't even want to leave. I start this job in 2 weeks and this is my observation just from the open house interview! So im so excited to actually start and be on the phones making some money!

Cons

Havent experienced any cons yet.

Jan 9, 2017

Thank you for your post. I wish you nothing but a great career at RealPage. All the best, Sincerely Kurt Twining

"Care Advisor"

Former Employee - Care Advisor
    Former Employee - Care Advisor

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ability to be able to work from home. They provided training in their Virginia location which was satisfactory but somewhat disorganized.

Cons

Soon after I began working for them, they lost many of their best clients all over the country. This made it more difficult to reach the goals they required, as our clients had fewer choices for long term care in many areas. My manager was not very effective in training, and had very little compassion, as well as poor management skills.

Advice to Management

Time would be better spent in retaining your trained new hires, instead of cutting them lose and hiring new ones, who then had to repeat the same training and experience. When you lost a huge amount of your clients, the sales goals should have been adjusted for that.

Jan 30, 2017

Thank you for your post. It's unfortunate that you were in a business that the company pulled back on it's investments in this area. You sound like a person who really wanted to make it work. If you ... More

"Developer II"

Current Employee - Developer II in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Developer II in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good work environment. Great exposure to different technologies. This is the first place I have worked where I can pretty much reach out to several different areas of the company for advice and training. It is nice to come in everyday knowing I will face new challenges. Even the product managers and upper management seem to know technical terms and can chat with you about different technologies. A very good place to work to learn new skills.

Cons

Medical benefits are not that great.

Dec 12, 2016

Thank you for your post. We're glad you are enjoying the new work environment, technologies and teammates. If you would like a deep dive on the benefits package, as they are very competitive to the ... More

"More Cons than Pros!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New building is nice with gym and cafeteria. HR constantly tries for improvements if they let them. Pay and benefits are comparable.

Cons

Open floor plan where managers don't even have a cubical. Employees don't feel valued. CEO doesn't seem to care about employees much. Constants layoffs, especially at senior managements level. No work life balance and if you leave on time, no promotion for you. Small company that grew into a mid-size company in a short time due to acquisitions, however still tries to manage with small company systems and culture. No training classes like mid-size and large companies and if you want to register for classes, you have to answer your managers which will looks bad on you as you will miss some work days and they have to pay for it. Therefore, employees won't go for it.

Advice to Management

Training, good systems, work life balance.

Dec 27, 2016

Thank you for your post. I would like to learn more from you if you are willing to let me buy you lunch. We are growing quickly into a mid size company. The new building has been very well received ... More

"Stable, but be aware"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

Great work environment, smart co-workers and management in the IT sector. Benefits are also decent, with good mobility and a career plan.

Cons

You may not end up doing what was described to you in your interview. With many repeat employees, this shop has the art of the good interview down. There is also quite a bit of fishy business in the company's history and books. Look closely.

Advice to Management

Stop tuning the interview to the candidate's hopes. Tell them the truth about what they'll be doing. Also, look around you. 1 out of 3 of you might be committing fraud.

Dec 19, 2016

I'm glad you enjoyed smart coworkers, career mobility and solid benefits. However you have taken a conspiracy thought that has no basis in truth. I personally know how diligent we work as a company ... More

"Good and stable company to work for and fairly compensates new employees."

Pros

Stable company with continued growth, good work environment, colleagues, opportunities to move within the company, and great new work facilities with cafeteria and gym.

Cons

People that have worked for the company for a long time are not paid as high as the new incoming employees.
    Sometimes decisions are made at executive level without considering input from management personnel who know day-to-day operations.
    Sometimes decisions to change are made hastily without giving time for things to work.

Advice to Management

Consider compensation increases for employees who have been working at the company for a long time to catch them up with market.
    Make sure all aspects are considered and appropriate stakeholders involved in providing input before major decisions are made. Give an idea time to work before changing or pulling plug.
    Standardize processes and structure through all business units.

Nov 28, 2016

You made several very salient points in your post. We have an offsite on Dec 4-5th to go over standardization of jobs and functions across all RealPage. Jobs like implementations, Account Management ... More

"Not to pay much or cultivate talent."

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Greenville, SC

Pros

The environment was great. I loved the people that I worked with.

Cons

The salary was a big negative. There is also a lot of instability presently that is causing a lot of jobs to go away as well as move to other countries.

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you like your teammates and the environment that we have created in South Carolina. I don't understand the instability comment as it relates to locations of jobs. We ... More