RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

RealPage Reviews

Updated April 24, 2017

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can be tough sometimes (in 19 reviews)

• Turn over in upper management and constant changing in departments (in 25 reviews)

"Fast-paced and evolving daily..."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company operates with the passion and energy of a startup. I get a chance to impact team goals and clients EVERY day. The career growth opportunities are there for the doer's and those that have an ownership mindset.

Cons

Patience is required when you double in size over a three year period. That was reiterated countless times during the interview process and during the time of my employ.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and see your vision through to the very end.

"Well Oiled Machine"

Current Employee - Licensed Customer Care Associate in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Customer Care Associate in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good opportunity to find an avenue that fits with multiple types of jobs. Good pay, benefits galore and plenty of people to get to know.

Cons

not much room for upward mobility. Was there a year and the only hope of a raise was if I was 100% perfect I could see a 5% raise maximum. That was it.

Advice to Management

Understand that if you want people to enjoy the work they do there, there has to be a upward trend and opportunity at the business. You can't expect to start professionals off at the cap.

3. "Overall great place to work, and plenty of room to grow"

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Good work life balance. Felixible.

Cons

Dont have any cons at the moment

Advice to Management

Onsite Daycare

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work here is the learning opportunities that we have as employees. The on-boarding training process is incredibly thorough and the School of Real Estate is made available to all employees and it helped me to better understand the industry. In my role, I'm constantly challenged to excel and there are many growth opportunities for me here.

Cons

Some of the more challenging aspects of the company is our changing culture. We're in the process of shifting to a more people-centric culture, versus an old school corporate one. This will obviously take some time, but RealPage is headed in the right direction.

6. "New Divisions within RealPage present Greatest Opportunity for Growth."

Current Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

RealPage has significantly diversified its product offering through acquisition within the last year. These acquisitions have uniquely positioned the company in new industries with tremendous growth potential. From a sales perspective, success starts with an innovative training program which is designed to prepare and train all levels of sales acumen on proficiency and market readiness. Our new strategy centered on sales specialization has been implemented for certain divisions which allow our sales professionals to quickly contribute and achieve success in specific areas of the sales cycle.

I have found the above coupled with a new office environment and culture to be big contributors in my overall satisfaction.

Cons

As with most new concepts or ideas, these faces of change are almost always met with resistance. Sometimes overcoming this friction can feel daunting without end. Providing an org chart is a must so new leadership isn't left to navigate a large corporate structure on their own wasting valuable time and resources. After almost a year I have found if you firmly believe in what you're trying to accomplish and use data to drive your decisions, you'll find the juice is worth the squeeze in the long run.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on creating transparency and providing insight into the overall strategy for all levels of the team.

7. "I loved working here for the short time that I did. It is a lovely environment with great team of people."

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a very professional, clean and organized environment.

Cons

not a lot of schedule flexibility

"I completed 4 years now..."

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good/ Great Place to work... i work with a very professional boss and that is how he drive the organization..

I strongly recommend....

Cons

dint find any...and don't see to mention in specific...

May 27, 2015

Thank you for your post. KT

"Responsible for ensuring Solution Engineers are available to support the sales reps with their sales demo needs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive compensation
    Opportunities to learn, grow and lead
    Opportunities to fill gaps and solve problems
    Cutting edge proprietary technology
    Aggressive growth

Cons

Work load volume can be high at times
    Management and staff turn over

Advice to Management

Work to decrease attrition and strive to differentiate in multiple categories

May 20, 2015

Thank you for your post. I'm glad that you are finding the opportunities to work and grow. I appreciate your focus on differentiation and keeping the right talent on the team. Kurt Twining

"All work plus fun equals great working environment"

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

New Management changes infusing new life to Realpage Support Center. So happy that we have a VP that is focused on client experience and how Support can also be financial generator. Exciting times in Support and I can't wait to see what our new VP can do.

Cons

Better communication between Product Development team with Support Teams. With the fast growth of Onesite, Property Ware and Ops Technology, Development Teams for each product must communicate more frequently with Product Support and vise versa.

Advice to Management

Retain, Retain, seasoned employees. Experience and Knowledge is crucial when it comes to Core Products.

Jun 1, 2015

Thank you for your post. Your new VP is excited about what the team is capable of doing and the direction forthcoming will really impact the RealPage ecosystem. 100% agree with your advice. Kurt ... More

"Great Changes on the Horizon"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great industry, passionate people
    Ample vacation
    Exciting and challenging work
    Inspiring meeting spaces
    Recent changes in leadership hint at driving company to more success

Cons

Benefits a little expensive
    Onsite renovations in Carrollton show disparity in work areas

Advice to Management

Communication from top-down on big initiatives and company goals is critical. Let's see more of the C-suite around the building, rather than hiding on their side of the building. The evolving culture demands of RealPage depend on it.

Jun 1, 2015

Thank you for your post. What I like about your advice is that you "want" to learn more about the company strategy. We like to have an executive attend all upcoming town hall meetings and talk about ... More