RealPage 439 Reviews | Glassdoor

RealPage Reviews

Updated March 25, 2017

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance is not a priority either (in 17 reviews)

• Turn over in upper management and constant changing in departments (in 26 reviews)

"The beginning of lucrative career."

Current Employee - Senior Product Support Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Product Support Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have the drive to succeed, the management in the Support Department will recognize this and ensure a clear career trajectory for you. If you want to be a static employee with no ambition, this is not the the place for you.

In addition, this company encourages a diverse workforce. I have never once felt as though I am at a disadvantage for being a woman in the software industry.

RealPage is a great company, and RealPage is family.

Cons

Not a thing. RealPage is excellent and the management department is great. Your coworker will always have your back, rest assured.

Advice to Management

I know you guys have a lot on your plate, but keep rocking on.

Jan 19, 2016

Thank you for your post. The Customer Support Department is getting stronger all the time. I'm glad you like the opportunity, the team and what you are accomplishing everyday. Sincerely, Kurt Twining ... More

2. "Marketing Department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Well run company with incredible potential to improve and entire industry. All of our products are focused on making people's lives better. Realpage has done a terrific job with hiring kind, smart people who you really want to work with. It's nice being with a company that is already "public" because if you're lucky enough to get some stock options, they may be worth something someday. Lots of private companies promise the moon and then never deliver. Plus, management changes often enough that most people have an opportunity to move up if they want to.

Cons

Depending on where you live our move to Richardson could be a longer or shorter drive for you. For me, it's longer. However, my schedule is flexible enough that I can miss some of the worst rush hour times.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring kind, hard working people. Skills can be learned, but work ethic can not be.

Jan 19, 2016

Thank you for your post. You are right to point out that we are growing and 68% of the jobs are filled within. I also believe that as we are building the right type of company for the long run and ... More

3. "Quality in Every Way"

Current Employee - Account Representative III in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Representative III in New York, NY

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

RealPage is real. We have the most superior technology from ease of use to product category. Technology aside, our company is so much more than the products we sell. We are innovators, seeking the latest niche add-on to make our services that much more progressive. We are fun loving- forget a gong- how about a spin on a wheel for $1000 or a trip to Nevis! We are supportive- every market is different and every locality deserves an expert from that area to understand local laws or concerns that may influence their businesses. We are renters and we are Multifamily owners- our employees do own as well but because so many of us actually rent or actually manage property we have a tangible understanding of what could make our clients lives that much better. We are friendly- we want each of our customers and each of their customers to pick up the phone or shoot an email and have a human reply-immediately! From a QAQC perspective we are flawless, not humble but flawless ;).There are zero question marks about the quality of our software and quality of employees. Simply put, we are the Brooks Brothers of PMC SaaS (minus the snootiness.)

As a salesperson, we are amongst the most fun and gifted colleagues and support staff out there. We value our accessibility and pride ourselves in our down to earth conversations where honest dialogue is a given and formalities are discouraged- we want to know how to address real needs of real people and real businesses (big or small). We want landlords to be paid as easily as possible by renters who don't have any desire to move and we provide all of the tools needed through cutting edge software to make all of this happen. As an employee, I can brag about our leadership. They are unreal in being so unlike typical buttoned up and deaf leaders. They are on the ground helping touch every deal, fixing hiccups, knowing our names and our families and where we grew up. There is a culture here much like a summer camp for driven adults. The saying is, a happy employee makes a successful company and loyal customers." Check out our stock and you'll see this saying applies to us. More importantly though, as a prospective employee, RealPage has all the bells and whistles of a start up with the added bonus of a meaningful salary. We have weekly meals in the office, an exciting, lively, and supportive culture and better-than-good conference food. Our employees choose to stay extra days after our various conferences to bond with one another and talk shop and everyone is welcomed with open arms to after work events.

Cons

Remote Employees need more invitations to the HQ so that they can feel as united as the HQ team to resources and the culture of the company.

Advice to Management

Remember to encourage five minute conversations with employees and Upper Management at least once a month and at least with your outside sales reps for their first 6 months. It is invaluable to feel heard.

Feb 5, 2016

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you are having fun in your role. Your advice is spot on and I will personally discuss with the Sales Leadership. In fact I just discussed your post with John Yager ... More

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, as much as I believe in the products we provide is the people that keep me here.

Cons

We are growing at such a rapid pace its hard to keep up, but we all have faith in our futures with RealPage.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that are on the front lines, we know better than anyone what our clients are asking for.

Feb 5, 2016

Thank you for your post and I am glad you are enjoying what you do. Your advice is spot on. Keep bringing the voice of the customer. All the best. Kurt Twining

"Great company"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

Pros

I’ve worked at other high tech companies over the past two decades and RealPage is one of the few collaborative environments that does everything it can to raise the bar for its employees. Not only do they want you to succeed, they want you to think two levels higher. Yes, they actually want you to project yourself into growing your career there. I work with passionate, intelligent professionals who want to row in the same direction in order to get our jobs done and help the company succeed. Our recent sales conference validated my sentiments by having multiple workshops that gave us tools to do our jobs better. This included knowledge and team building exercises as well as celebrating our collective victories. It was truly inspirational.

Cons

Multiple buildings on the campus makes for difficult meetings, but this should be remedied when we move to our new corporate facilities in the not too distant future.

Advice to Management

We have a great story to tell and I think that quarterly company meetings where management discusses our state of affairs and their continued vision would be very motivational. I also think management should put more money into our marketing budget. I worked for the other guys and our products are truly better than the competitor's products. The competitors have inferior products but because they spend more on marketing, they have greater brand awareness.

Feb 5, 2016

Thank you for your post. We plan to have quarterly videos with Steve Winn, CEO, after each earnings release, plus, the new 'myrealpageportal.com" was just launched so you can find so many things that ... More

"I Love My Job!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

RealPage is full of talented, driven and kind people. I love my coworkers, and there is a strong sense of community among our team. The company is growing really quickly, so our work is exciting and there are opportunities to work on new projects on a regular basis.

Cons

RealPage is undergoing a lot of growth and change this year, primarily related to our move to a new corporate headquarters. This has required employees to be adaptable, but I'm excited about how it will benefit us in the long-run and the new opportunities that will arise.

Advice to Management

I love the efforts that have been made to foster collaboration throughout the company, including our new work spaces and improved communications processes (internally and externally.) Keep it up!

Feb 24, 2016

Thank you for your post. RealPage is definitely finding its stride which is very evident after our earnings call yesterday. The new acquisition of NWP is a great example of the industry partnerships ... More

"The REAL RealPage:"

Current Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Greenville, SC

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely positive, inspiring, creative, organized work environment. Very fast paced, and very innovative. The energy within any RealPage location is incomparable. I love the people I work with and I love the work that I do. No matter the position, you truly feel like you are making a difference in some way, some how. This is a company that CARES about it's employees and that is evident in how they go above and beyond to provide a comfortable lifestyle for anyone employed here. I can't speak for everyone, but my bosses are amazing. Highly skilled and very compassionate.

Cons

The only con I would say is this environment is very fast paced regardless of the position. If you aren't performing as you should or are not on top of things, you will feel it all around. Organization and efficiency are imperative.

Advice to Management

Keep being the compassionate and driven people that you are. Yes, this is a business but we are all human and everyone could use a little TLC every once in a while!

Apr 11, 2016

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you are finding the things that you need to have a productive and fun work life. It is fast paced here, no matter what position you occupy, but that speaks to two ... More

"Great Company!"

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance
    Awesome company culture
    Fantastic company overall
    Not afraid of change
    Great management

Cons

RealPage is not afraid of change which can be considered a pro and a con

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Apr 11, 2016

Thank you for your post. Hope you went to the latest update on the move. Our new Corporate HQ's is going to be an amazing culture statement. All the best. Kurt Twining

10. "Great Overall Experience"

Current Employee - Customer Care Licensed Anget in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Licensed Anget in Irvine, CA

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall working with the hiring team has been very easy, friendly, fast and everyone I spoke with has a great attitude and was very helpful. I enjoyed working with Carla who was states away but was very helpful and polite.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. Everything went very smooth.

"Agent"

Former Employee - Custoner Service in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Custoner Service in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent support and empkoyee appreciation

Cons

No individual consideration during personal issues

Advice to Management

More internal advancement

Apr 21, 2016

Thank you for your post. The customer service function is vitally important to RealPage. I'm glad you found support for your role and appreciation for the employees who work critical issues for our ... More