Cover image for RealPage

70 Comments

Tech

467.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=RealPage~104221
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "a lot of change with PE coming in but great people and resources available at yoru fingertips.(in 111 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good(in 100 reviews)
  • "Good benefits including tuition and fitness reimbursement.(in 96 reviews)
  • "The job is easy and the pay is good.(in 72 reviews)
  • "Culture is good and the company itself(in 70 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management (talking behind your back) Support leads are not approachable and unprofessional.(in 110 reviews)
  • "Unfortunately many managers scores are boosted by having friends working for them.(in 45 reviews)
  • "Middle and upper management is very cliquish and it's a promote from within within (repetition intentional).(in 34 reviews)
  • "Executive and Senior Leadership needs a serious adjustment if this company is going to go anywhere.(in 33 reviews)
  • "No training classes like mid(in 24 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of RealPage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience

Dec 1, 2022 - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great experience with my team. Felt really good to work on-site. Everything looked brand new and clean: the interior, facilities, cafeteria, recreation, gym and surrounding areas.

Cons

The only con was that the application that was maintained by my team was really old. I am sure there are other departments using more modern tech within the company.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

approach with caution

Dec 7, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO, remote work, some good people.

Cons

Too many acquisitions, work in silos always, confused customers and employers

3. Join the RealPage team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Too many systems to get the job done

Dec 5, 2022 - Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home is a pro.

Cons

Too many systems for the employees to work from to accomplish task

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I worked at RP for 5yrs

Nov 4, 2022 - Multimedia Designer in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

it was a covid proof Job. I was able to keep my job and had really good stability

Cons

There were a lot of VPs and people changed ideas often. Took forever to get things approved and the work moved slow.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

They will screw you over

Aug 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

RealPage prior to acquisition was a very different company then it is today, it used to be a good place to work not anymore, Best thing about the company were the people, since many of the people left not sure that is still the case

Cons

The new management company has only one goal and that is to make money for the investors, they don't care about the employees and they will do anything to meet the numbers. The new management said the right things but the actions didn't match, I gave it a year before I gave up. But the main reason I decided to write this review is to warn anyone that is currently working at RP or is thinking about working at RP to think really think about it. I recently got a letter from RP offering to buy my vested stock for a fair market value of $0, can you imaging after the company keeps telling you how good they are doing and that they are having the best year to offer you a $0 buy back claiming that they are not worth anything. I sure there is a legal loop hole that they are using but never the less you can see how much they value their employees. I would not want to work for a company that is always looking how to save at the expense of their employees.

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Wonderful Company

Nov 14, 2022 - Accounts Receivable Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is great and truly believes in work life balance

Cons

Processes are manual and headcount is needed.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok

Dec 1, 2022 - Account Executive in Dallas-Fort Worth
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote, benefits, individual Police, and Lack of Diversity

Cons

Crazy leader Dana nothing personal

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great workplace

Nov 8, 2022 - Sales Development Representative in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

culture was amazing, always looking out for eachother

Cons

No cons that i can think of

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of Upside Potential if Management can Deliver

Apr 22, 2022 - Account Representative in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The spend a lot of money acquiring companies. Nice office, subsidized cafeteria.

Cons

The do a lousy job of integrating acquisitions, and they have acquired several companies that do the same thing. This leads to confusion with customers and with internal folks as to what to sell. They have no sales methodology - unless you consider boiler room dialing for dollars tactics. Teams are pitted against one another in a “survival of the fittest” to see which product line will emerge as the preferred product. The “flagship” product (OneSite) can’t even be used in one consistent browser, as some functionality has been upgrade and some functionality is in the “classic” aka not upgraded - version. New management keeps telling employees they will fix this - but the C Suite has been a revolving door, and so far - after one year the Thoma Bravo acquisition - all we hear are empty promises. Maybe they will fix this - and things take time - but the product roadmap is an absolute mess. Employees are fleeing en masse. I do think they will turn it around - they have some really good technology - but it is going to continue to be a difficult transition. If you are up for a challenge - this is your place.

12 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company with new CEO

Sep 11, 2022 - Account Representative in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is more connected with employees with previous CEO Managers care about your success and help you to achieve it Good company culture

Cons

Commission structure in the small to midsized division is not good. Do not get paid out fast enough, as slow as 5 months or longer after closing deals

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,175 Reviews
</>Embed

RealPage Reviews FAQs

RealPage has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,845 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at RealPage to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, RealPage employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at RealPage. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

66% of RealPage employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated RealPage 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at RealPage to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with RealPage Job Seekers