RealPage Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can be tough sometimes (in 20 reviews)

• Some from the upper management is not open for others' opinion (in 28 reviews)

"Overall good place to be"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company culture, established leader in the industry. Solid benefits package. Compensation was good. I liked and respected the leadership team. Facilities and work environment was comfortable and modern. Feels like a really big tech startup.

Cons

Operations really needed work in the division I worked in. We lost a lot of clients unecesssarily. Sales, Ops, Marketing and Product all worked in silos and didn't interact near as much as they should.

Advice to Management

Overall great place to work and build a career.

Jun 2, 2017

Thank you for your post. I will forward on to the respective leaders. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

"Once promising, now struggling to succeed in all aspects"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

New location move in 2016 is in centralized Dallas area location near other IT companies
    Average benefits - two week vacation etc.

Cons

Sales Executives and managers promise high commissions, then put qualifiers on eligible new sales.
    Top Company executives have massive turn over ratio; word is they leave as soon as their cash bonus/guarantees expire.
    Implementation of software is slow and leaves customers frustrated.

Advice to Management

make sure your bonus agreement is in cash.

May 31, 2016

Thank you for your post. I see that you are a former sales rep for the company. To be fair and balanced here, lets start by saying the company has had 7 straight impressive quarters of growth in... More

"Great company"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

Pros

I’ve worked at other high tech companies over the past two decades and RealPage is one of the few collaborative environments that does everything it can to raise the bar for its employees. Not only do they want you to succeed, they want you to think two levels higher. Yes, they actually want you to project yourself into growing your career there. I work with passionate, intelligent professionals who want to row in the same direction in order to get our jobs done and help the company succeed. Our recent sales conference validated my sentiments by having multiple workshops that gave us tools to do our jobs better. This included knowledge and team building exercises as well as celebrating our collective victories. It was truly inspirational.

Cons

Multiple buildings on the campus makes for difficult meetings, but this should be remedied when we move to our new corporate facilities in the not too distant future.

Advice to Management

We have a great story to tell and I think that quarterly company meetings where management discusses our state of affairs and their continued vision would be very motivational. I also think management should put more money into our marketing budget. I worked for the other guys and our products are truly better than the competitor's products. The competitors have inferior products but because they spend more on marketing, they have greater brand awareness.

Feb 5, 2016

Thank you for your post. We plan to have quarterly videos with Steve Winn, CEO, after each earnings release, plus, the new 'myrealpageportal.com" was just launched so you can find so many things that... More

4. "2016 Annual Sales Meetings"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As a 20 year sales achiever I couldn't be prouder then to work for RealPage. We just finished our annual sales meetings and from the chairman, C executives, and senior management all 350+ attendees were brought together in a unique environment with the focus on our customers. It is rare a company puts this level of focus on their customers. I am excited to see the customer's views in 2016.

Cons

The only negative is parking at our building which is changing when we move to Richardson, Texas in the next couple of months.

"Great Starter Career"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great way to gain experience in the SaaS/Real Estate/Tech industries as a stepping stone. Lots of opporunity to grow and transition to different roles or departments. Outstanding people to work with and phenomenal niche industry.

Cons

Territories are feast or famine. Quotas and compensation plans inflated. Big learning curve. Limited support resources. Must promote yourself within or you will go unrecognized.

Advice to Management

Recognize talent and better place reps in a more suitbale territory/position based on their goals and personality. Invest more in tenured reps and provide better long-term incentives. Get to know your people.

Jun 18, 2015

Thank you for your post and I am glad that you like the people you work with. I printed your post and shared it with the sales leadership team. I can tell you that on Tuesday of this week, the HR... More

""Real-Concerning""

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The "cons" outweigh any potential "pros."

Cons

Look at the number of new hires each week. It is not because of company growth. The majority of new hires are because Realpage is a revolving door. Now why is it a revolving door? Management is unqualified and it is who you know and who is liked. Bonuses are only partially paid, if paid, and there is no logic to how. Stock price flucuates up and down in the same place. Many of my current co-workers talk about stock manipulation. Commissions are screwed up and not paid right. I was hopeful, but looking out like many of my co-workers.

Advice to Management

Start focusing on the "Real Concerns"

Jul 29, 2015

Thank you for your post. Let me share with you an alternative perspective. We do hire a lot of people. In 2011 when I joined the company we had 1600 employees. Today we are closing in on... More

"The proof is in the stock [RP]"

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company will continue to keep lying to wall street and to the employees about future expectations. This ensures decent pay and quarterly stock awards. Company has the uncanny ability to have hundreds of Directors, VPs, and SVPs. Title hungry should apply.

Cons

The stock will never go past $20. If you do not care then you are not in a leadership position. All the great leaders have left. If you are an SVP or VP at RealPage then I have little respect for your ability to have a similar title and compensation at a growing company.

Advice to Management

Quit lying.

2010 - CEO says the stock is going to $40
    2011 - CEO says the stock is going to $40
    2012 - CEO says the stock is going to $40
    2013 - CEO says the stock is going to $40
    2014 - CEO says the stock is going to $40
    2015 - CEO says the stock is going to $40

Look at a trend of RP stock since 2010 then make up your own mind on the "potential" of this company over the NEXT 5 years.

Jul 21, 2015

Thank you for your post. The analysts are predicting and expecting the stock to rise beyond $20 a share this year, and with sound operational excellence it will. We have strung several strong... More

"Don't Work Here"

Current Employee - Sales in Little Elm, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Little Elm, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of anything positive about this company

Cons

This is the most unprofessional company I have ever worked at. Their is no sales training for employees and they hire sales managers from within and most are not great at managing a team of their former peers. Their commission structure is so confusing most managers can not figure it out when you ask for help. I look forward to leaving this company ASAP. This has been such a unprofessional environment. Sales reps lie to clients to get their business and this is known by management

Advice to Management

Train sales reps and managers and maintain a professional environment on the sales floor

May 27, 2015

I discussed your post with the SVP of Sales, John Yager. Knowing that all sales hires and sales reps are required to go through a multiple week sales training course, I'm not sure how you can make a... More

"I would recommend this company to a friend"

Current Employee - Sales Representative I in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative I in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits. good work life balance.

Cons

Sales department is under new leadership. Going through lots of growing pains.

"Disorganized, Mismanaged & Uncomfortable Work Environment"

Former Employee - Sales, Support, Analytical in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Sales, Support, Analytical in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can move up and into other departments but with extreme difficulty.

Cons

The company is disorganized from the top down. Getting anything done is nearly impossible and when it is done management even has not much say in what is done. Turnover is extremely high and employee satisfaction is very low. There is a "good ole boy" feel to the company. There is an overall style of fear, intimidation and making employees feel as if they could lose their jobs at any time. Sales quotas are too high. Territories are not fairly spread. Favoratism is clear. When managers give action plans employees are told it is a track for improvement and termination is not discussed. Movement is difficult unless you know someone in another department. Pay rates are low, below market standards throughout the entire company. An atmosphere of freedom is told but micromanagement is the reality. Change is constant to the level that you never know what your job will be the next day. Employment roles are changed without asking or even notifying the employee. Customers are not the first priority. Support and implementation departments have extremely high turnover which makes support for clients even more difficult. New companies are purchased regularly but migration or integration of new products is poor due to lack of internal organization. Overall it is a very unpleasant place to work.

Advice to Management

You are a technology company that mismanages your own information and does not use modern methods to run your own business. All managers should be evaluated because they are not doing their jobs. Finally, evaluate payment standards because they are below par for the market.