Cover image for RealPage

RealPage

Engaged Employer

RealPage

Add a Review

RealPage Employee Reviews about "realpage"

Updated Nov 18, 2021

70 Comments

Tech

467.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=RealPage~104221
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "a lot of change with PE coming in but great people and resources available at yoru fingertips.(in 111 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good(in 100 reviews)
  • "Good benefits including tuition and fitness reimbursement.(in 96 reviews)
  • "The job is easy and the pay is good.(in 72 reviews)
  • "Culture is good and the company itself(in 70 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management (talking behind your back) Support leads are not approachable and unprofessional.(in 110 reviews)
  • "Unfortunately many managers scores are boosted by having friends working for them.(in 45 reviews)
  • "Middle and upper management is very cliquish and it's a promote from within within (repetition intentional).(in 34 reviews)
  • "Executive and Senior Leadership needs a serious adjustment if this company is going to go anywhere.(in 33 reviews)
  • "No training classes like mid(in 24 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of RealPage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "realpage"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Eager to see what the future holds

Jul 22, 2021 - Product Manager in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

RealPage is a great company to work for. I came to RealPage in 2017 through an acquisition, and moved out to Richardson with little to no expectations for how everything would unfold. Fast forward 4 years and I couldn't be happier. First off, the campus is awesome, I enjoy coming into the office everyday. Upper management is friendly and approachable, you'll see them in the cafeteria or around the way and you can strike up a conversation with them. Middle management is supportive and invested in your success -- which makes perfect sense because if you're not successful they can't be. And lastly, I'm fortunate to do work that I enjoy and that I'm passionate about. As far as compensation goes, I am a firm believer that you get back what you put in and with RealPage, in my experience, that philosophy certainly holds true. The acquisition by Thoma Bravo does give me some level of anxiety, but that's probably normal with any change. But overall, I try to view it as an opportunity; similar to the opportunity I was given in 2017 when I first started working for RealPage.

Cons

It's not much of a "con" because it's outside of anybody's control, but the pandemic kinda robbed RealPage of one of their biggest "pros," which was the sense of community that you got from being in the office. Getting back to full capacity will just be one of those things that will take time.

Thank you for your post....Glad you are on board. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great

Nov 4, 2021 - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is great.

Cons

Not really many negatives at RealPage

3. Join the RealPage team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

Crushed the Soul out of ClickPay

Sep 27, 2021 - Client Success Manager in Hackensack, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Massive company so there's some structure

Cons

Was just purchased by a massive M&A company so there really isn't much stability anymore. Employees realize this and are leaving left and right. RealPage claims to care about its clients but that care is only skin deep.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Research

Aug 19, 2021 - Data Research Associate in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pros to working for this company are that their value for diversity, culture and values is vital. RealPage as a whole is excellent. There are many perks as well. The overall rating is for RealPage as a whole.

Cons

It does not matter how many years you have worked there; all the hours and hard work you contributed might not pay off in the end. I am a previous employee of 14 years. I loved my job! However, things/people sometimes change within a team, which is not always for the better. Some of my coworkers and I were bullied many times and talked down to. Many people have left under this individual due to many factors which none of them are positive. This individual is still a manager, and I have no idea how in the world they are. I will say this, though......not everyone at this company is terrible, but some people, including managers, will never have your back no matter how good of an employee you are. Favoritism is in every company, but that's not what is sad about this situation.....it was how individuals were treated behind the scenes. You can only treat an employee a certain way for so long; they become run down, making any motivation go out the window and have the attitude of why should I even bother. It is not worth the headache and all the mental issues I have now. The overall rating is for RealPage as a whole. Good luck, and hopefully, you will have a different experience than some of us did.

2 people found this review helpful

RealPage Response

Would you be open for a conversation to go deeper on your post. Please call me ayc...x4016 Sincerely, Kurt Twining

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Jul 29, 2021 - Senior Java Developer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved this company from start to finish. It was a very good company to work for and any future employer loves to see Realpage on your resume! I highly recommend

Cons

I wish when you denied an applicant it denied it all the way in the system instead of having to deny the screening then deny the application.

RealPage Response

Thank you for your post. Let's work on your con with Dev....Let me forward to Shoeb. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

7. 3.0

Big Company, Little Resources

Jun 18, 2021 - Senior Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

RealPage is a leader in real estate software.

Cons

There are many different real estate platforms under the RealPage umbrella which makes resource distribution slim.

RealPage Response

Thank you for your post. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

8. 2.0

A Tale of Two Companies

May 25, 2021 - Operations Analyst in Lombard, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent handling of the pandemic, I felt that the company prioritized employee safety and I am grateful that they did not rush us back to the office in the middle of the pandemic. Access to educational materials and you can gain some good skills to lead to better things. Before Thoma Bravo, I would've said this is a good stepping stone job Great colleagues on the production and development side who are always willing to help out

Cons

Salaries are completely all over the place with many overworked technical production staff being severely underpaid while client services managers who contribute nothing make a healthy six figures. Developers, analysts, and other technical staff are often leaving for huge bumps in salary because the company is too cheap to offer competitive wages and benefits. The HR rep loves to respond to reviews saying salaries and benefits are benchmarked to be average which is quite fitting...RealPage strives to be nothing more than average and still misses the mark entirely. Tons of layoffs happening and the company is hemorrhaging talent. The company was already pushing to offshore as much as possible before the Thoma Bravo acquisition and quality was already taking a nosedive...now after seeing several rounds of layoffs, many talented employees are taking their futures into their own hands and choosing to leave on their own. They also seem to put no real effort in choosing who is next on the chopping block--some people have horrendous reputations for being lazy and doing no work yet are kept around while others that have worked hard for years are suddenly let go while you are in the middle of working with them on something The reviewer that mentioned this place is stuck is 1998 is dead on, bloated middle management riding on the hard work of bottom line production. So much pointless red tape and bureaucracy that completely stifles any real innovation. Between the themes of offshoring and the company being too cheap to invest in real talent, I would not suggest any motivated tech professional looking to grow their career work at RealPage.

9 people found this review helpful

RealPage Response

Thank you for your post and I would agree with your advice. It will be passed forward. Wishing you well in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It was great until Thoma Bravo

May 22, 2021 - Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing colleagues who truly care about their job and want to help people out. The people here are truly hard workers and are great to work with.

Cons

The only con before the Thoma Bravo merger was there were upper leadership who micromanaged everything. I spend as much time as working on projects as I do providing constant updates of where a project is at and how much time is being taken on all the projects. After the Thoma Bravo merger: - the first wave of layoffs has already occurred and it looks like another wave is occurring. You'll be emailing someone within the company one day and the next day they are no longer active. - Attrition is already happening since everyone is worried if they will be next - people are accepting to work longer hours with more pressure in order to not be picked next for the chopping block. All the while senior leadership continues to say no one is being let go. I have nothing but respect for my colleagues and anyone who wishes to work here. Just be prepared that RealPage is no longer the same company after the Thoma Bravo merger. Goodluck to any future RealPagers!

7 people found this review helpful

RealPage Response

Thank you for your post. It is a new day at RealPage and once we get a few things sorted out, we anticipate that RealPage will continue to be a great company. To build up the trust that we are on the right track will take some time with a new CEO that will start shortly. No one likes to see anyone leave the company and in short order this will be stabilized. I know that you mark the outlook as negative. I would ask you to give it a chance and your expectations will hopefully will be exceeded. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a good place for developers

May 3, 2021 - Developer in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kind, talented colleagues. Accessible management. Interesting product line.

Cons

I should start by saying that I don't harbor any anger or ill feelings toward RealPage (despite my forthcoming harsh words). I'm sharing my thoughts below for two reasons: To allow any HR/Senior Management at RealPage/ThomaBravo reading this to reflect on the vision the foresee for the company and their employees, and to warn potential developer applicants from applying any time soon (unless serious and meaningful changes are made). I'm only speaking in my capacity as a developer; I'm sure others at RealPage have had/do have different (probably better) experiences, and I'm very happy for them. The bottom line that current RealPage developers (and potential developer applicants) need to know is this: You are being undervalued and under-compensated. I know everyone likes to complain about their low compensation. I get it. But what happens at RealPage isn't one of those instances. It's quite different. I'm not talking about 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30% below market rate. No. I'm saying 50%+ below market rate. When I finally decided to look for a new role, I was able to get two job offers that were very similar to my RealPage role (in terms of tech stack and requirements) at similarly-sized (even smaller) organizations for significantly more money. One was for 47% more, and the other for 58% more money than I made at RealPage. It was kind of dumbfounding to me when I heard those numbers, especially since I knew I actually made more money than many of my colleagues (those of us who are close had discussed our pay...that shouldn't come as a shock to RealPage HR or any other HR department in 2021...Millennials don't think those subjects are taboo...we discuss them openly to make sure we're being valued and treated well). RealPage's benefits, too, aren't up to industry standard. At almost every other similarly-sized tech company I interviewed at, PTO was unlimited and health benefits were 100% paid by the employer. At RealPage you get 5 sick days a year and if you need more, you have to tap into your limited PTO. This policy is beyond insane. It's not 1950 anymore. If you want to be perceived as a competitive tech company, please don't make your employees take PTO if/when they need surgery and need 2 weeks to recover. Those policies are outdated and need to be retired immediately. 401(k) matching is discretionary and it only happens once a year as a lump sum. Anyone with a basic understanding of compounding interest knows this hurts employees (i.e. start contributing the match on a monthly basis and not once a year...that's lazy and doesn't maximize the benefits of investment growth). If you're a developer with a good head on your shoulders, I promise you this: You can do better. You won't be challenged at RealPage. You'll just coast and be mediocre (and I'll admit that's where I was for the longest time until I started to feel stagnant). Please don't repeat my mistake. With the ThomaBravo acquisition, it's hard to say what their vision will be for the company, especially the developers. Chances are they'll look to outsource a lot of work offshore. That should be another motive for you not to apply at this time; wait for the dust to settle and see what they do. Better yet, look at what ThomaBravo has done to other companies they've acquired (ex: Sophos) and see what happened there and proceed with caution.

13 people found this review helpful

RealPage Response

Thank you for your post. Not knowing all of your particulars we wish you nothing but success in your future endeavors. I can tell you that we have some outstanding developers on the team and Shoeb is working very diligently to build a success story here. It's certainly not as dire as you make it out to be and the company is quite successful. You can't win two Great Places to Work awards in 2020 within India and the US based on you data points....Again, good luck. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Overall Good

Apr 6, 2021 - Not Important in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

RealPage has improved tremendously in the years that I have worked here. They listen and appreciate employee feedback at the overall corporate level. Benefits are good, especially if you work in one of the main offices with lots of amenities. (Gym, onsite café, covered parking)

Cons

You better adapt well to change because t happens constantly. Changes in titles, managers, SOP's, duties. Important updates don't always get communicated all the way down or across workgroups. Many things are on a need-to-know basis that I feel we need to know, but someone forgets to share or just doesn't think it affects the general workforce. If you work in a position that you receive bonuses as part of your compensation, the goals that you are given change every year. They have become much harder to get over the years because they are not based on how well you do your job, but how well others do theirs, so very hard to achieve. Management seems to have short term memory when it comes to knowing what is already on your plate as they continually push you to take on more than you can reasonably handle, without taking away other duties. You are just expected to take on more and maybe "next year" we can give you more of a bump in pay or a promotion. Management has favorites and it shows.

3 people found this review helpful

RealPage Response

Thank you for your post. We did hold a town hall for just managers and went over the stock program in great detail. If you were not a part of an acquisition in 2019 or 2020, all of your vested and unvested equity will be bought out at $88.75 a share. There was a communication that was just sent out asking about where you wanted your funds directed, Hope this helps and feel free to call me at 4016 to discuss. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

Viewing 1 - 10 of 126 Reviews