RealPage "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

RealPage Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 26 Sep 2019

3.1
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn
Pros
  • "Have good growth opportunities and work life balance(in 59 reviews)

• "Great people - from the maintenance staff all the way to top management(in 44 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back atmosphere Great benefits Good management and training

Cons

In sales it can be hard to have work/life balance

RealPage2019-02-18

"Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Gym, workout classes, outperformance team is amazing - Poke Bowl in the cafeteria - Work Life Balance

Cons

- Working with older technology - Innovates too slowly, political so people with old mindset are not let go but are able to stay just because they know people - Grew by acquisitions and mergers so very silo'd

RealPage2019-09-09

"Native Mobile Developers AVOID"

Former Employee - Mobile Developer in Richards, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

People on a personal level were good people. Very low expectations from management. Work load extremely light. Good work life balance. Good pay. Clean work enviroment. Good onsite cafeteria. Benefits were fine.

Cons

Biggest issue for mobile developers is that mobile development is not a priority at RealPage and there is no future there for native mobile. There is only one native app, and it is a very broken product. I dont believe the business cares about it, their only goal is to keep it barely functioning so that customers dont start canceling their contracts. It has a terrible crash rate, many bugs, and from the top level... there is no initiation to fix these problems. The culture of the company is such that the priorities are 1) politics and ladder climbing 2) protect your job 3) make something better only if it directly benefits you and your career. They toss around the word 'innovation' all the time and it's more a way to compensate for lack of it. They buy out their competitors who innovate and then those products become stagnant. Ultimately you will not grow your skill sets here, you won't grow your career either. Plus it's a large company and your just a number. They keep having record breaking profit and constantly laying people off. You get two measly weeks of vacation, and as I was told "We here at RealPage value your vacation and family time, so we encourage you to take vacation by not letting you roll it over or paying it out when you leave". People were good, but the culture was not. If you're self motivated and someone who likes to learn and grow and pride yourself in doing rewarding and quality work, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Convert your native apps to cross platform and get rid of native all together. I believe that this is what many upper management want to do anyways, and for your business it makes sense. Just wasting time and money not doing this already.

RealPage2019-09-16
  4. "Opportunity and Culture a Plus"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is a great culture here at RealPage. There are opportunities for anyone that works hard and is open to change.

Cons

No work life balance here.

Advice to Management

Focus strategies to eliminate duplication and reduce rework.

RealPage2019-08-14

"Accounting Department is a mess"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fitness focused Great cafeteria

Cons

The new Chief Accounting Officer came in and really reduced everyone's morale. Hardly any work life balance and everything is manual. The CAO has her favorites and only values their opinion. Lot of senior management in finance, revenue management, and accounting has left. There is no diversity in the upper management. No focus on career growth and employees are not paid fairly. Better chances of getting paid higher... if you leave and come back.

Advice to Management

Hire upper management that fit into your culture Reduce pay gap between people of similar titles and qualifications Try to support work life balance

RealPage2019-04-15

"Collapsing A Great Team"

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Campbell, CA

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Campbell office and the poor people who work there.

Cons

Realpage, their views and outdated work model. They refuse to accommodate/acknowledge the cost of living in Silicon Valley. They think Californians can live on their Texas wages, yet have no problem acquiring more companies. It's clear they plan om disassembling the entire On-Site team and ruining the product. No work life balance at all.

Advice to Management

Give your hard working employees more money, stop planning world domination for 5 minutes. Its a disgrace what you have done to On-site and what you will do.

RealPage2018-11-17

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work life balance, teams collaborate and work together.

Cons

The medical insurance has a really high deductible compared to other companies.

Advice to Management

Add additional automation. Create some corporate streamlined departments

RealPage2018-11-02
  8. "RealPage is Awesome; I am proud to be a RealPager"

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The RealPage corporate culture seems like a dream to me; it's definitely the best company to work for in the DFW area in my opinion. They really take care of employees and care about work/life balance. At least they do in my department; I cannot speak to others. Benefits are awesome too, the healthcare, the outperformance gym, the cafeteria, the Starbucks boost bar, the bicycle sharing program with many trails in... the area.

Cons

The only downside from a full time working mother perspective would be the lack of an onsite daycare; they have a gym and a cafeteria, why not have a daycare?

RealPage2018-10-31

"Not a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After over 3 years of working at this organization my pros list includes: consistent job, decent facilities, decent employees at certain levels.

Cons

Leadership here starting from the very top has absolutely 0 care for the employees, their well-being, morale, or really anything. Time after time I felt that the company was looking for ways to make my time at the company as bad as possible for their own gain. The company does try to make itself perceive as a good company, but do not be fooled. Turnover is very high, workload is very high, politics is very high,... work-life balance is very low, care from leadership is very low, overall I would be very weary. Additionally, the company is extremely stingy. They avoid costs for normal job functions like the plague. I understand that you are trying to create efficiencies, but a good environment does need company investments if you want a talented workforce. It’s hard to call work amenities “perks” if the employees are to pay for all of them... Benefits are below standards, PTO is below standards, bonus, stocks, etc. is below standards.

Advice to Management

Look at your employees as vital pieces of your company, not just a replaceable paycheck. Show that you actually care and maybe people will want to stay loyal to the company. Show that you care. Show integrity, provide a comfortable atmosphere without the current heavy politics, and really think about what you would want to see if you were an associate. Treat others how you want to be treated.

RealPage2018-10-25

"Needs Improvement"

Former Employee - Client Relations Manager in Lombard, IL

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The 401K, Life, Vision, and Dental insurance offered is above standard.

Cons

The health insurance could be a lot better negotiated. The human resources team for the Lombard office doesn't seem to review things and just sides with the manager on every decision making process without listening to the employee. There are many departments with managers who make decisions without recognizing the impact of their decisions until it's too late and then there is a scramble to fix the result of the... decision that was made. If you want to work in a fast paced, micromanaged environment, with no work-life balance, and no upwards movement this is a great place for you. For the rest of us who care about our careers and being something more and contributing to the growth of the company don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Require Quarterly Management Training in Employee to Business Relationships and having an On-Site Human Resources Professional.

RealPage2018-08-22