RealScout Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

3.7
RealScout CEO Arthur Kaneko
Arthur Kaneko

"Great place to grow professionally and personally"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

RealScout has great culture and makes for an awesome work environment: a perfect mix of hard-working and fun-loving. Crush your goals, play some ping-pong, grab a beer, and help build something great.

Cons

Commuting from San Francisco (Caltrain makes it much more bearable)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Don't lose sight of the culture and core values that RealScout was founded upon as we grow and scale.

RealScout2015-05-06

"Inside Sales Account Executive"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I worked at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent pay, company laptop, Laid back, fun working environment, and with Mr. Flachner, you get visionary leadership! Free lunch, ping pong, exciting company events. Really enjoyed working here.

Cons

Lack structure, training could be better, sales goals and expectation not tenable, typical startup hiccups, too casual.

Advice to Management

Establish stronger controls: with training curriculum. BHAGs should be tenable, specific, and measurable.

RealScout2015-05-10
  3. "Changing the Real Estate Industry. Changing your life!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for more than a year

Pros

TEAM! It's all about team at RealScout from culture events to collaborating with others in different sections of the company. Be part of something. The whole team just helped build the new office and everyone can see their input. It's awesome. Free food and perks! Gym membership, cell phone bill, Lyft reimbursement, Health Insurance, unlimited time off, car washes, dry cleaning, pet friendly, gas reimbursement,... brew your own beer and more!....(is this really a startup because they're operating better than an Inc. 500 company when it comes to employee benefits) High commissions and bonus incentives. Better than any other industry I've sold in. You get a salary, plus equity potential, plus a commission on the sale, plus a bonus, PLUS monthly competition prizes like free flight school training, couples massage, skydiving tickets, concerts, comedy show bonuses, and even a 5-day vacation. Find me another company that pays sales people this well WHEN YOU PERFORM. Learning: Work with developers, CFO's, CEO's, sales executives and prior industry professionals from Google, Box, KPMG, Apple, Tesla, and successful start-ups and learn about their methodologies. You're rubbing elbows with some brilliant people, and RealScout focuses on bringing in top consultants to expand your career potential and knowledge. It's awesome! Learn how to build a company too! Be heard. As a small, developing start-up, you get to be heard. Don't like the color of the pins on the website, what color should they be and why? Test your theories and create your ideas with a team. Have a great idea for a culture event, let everyone know! Upward mobility. As we grow, you grow. It's a startup, so it's exciting and fun at the same time. The best part of RealScout: Give it time, everybody is learning and growing. I have grown leaps and bounds ahead of any other job I could have had in only 1 year. No other job on the face of the earth could have taught me as much as I have learned in 1 year. You will be pushed and work crazy hours, this is a startup, but if you press on, you will be better than you ever expected. Test your limits and grow!

Cons

Tough location in Sunnyvale, but luckily, they're moving to Mountain View! Not everyone holds their weight. Some don't work as hard as others, but those that don't are moved out of the company quickly. This is a mission at RealScout.

Advice to Management

Continue on the mission that started a year ago. First it was 1 little area in Northern California, now RealScout covers all of Northern California and Seattle. We've received faith from funding and from our employees who devote a lot of time to the mission. Ignore the nay sayers and those who couldn't hack it. Only hire A players unless you want to be a C team. It's the best opportunity in a space that needs... revamping.

RealScout2014-01-28

"A company with an ambitious goal and a great concept but inexperienced leaders."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Commission Structure Fun Loving Culture Start-upy culture Catchy Product Ripe Market Potential

Cons

Unrealistic quota/goals Inexperienced sales management High turnover rate

RealScout2014-01-18

"They have a good product, but leadership will be their fatal flaw."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited food/beverages in office. Great benefits. Fun start up culture. Above average compensation.

Cons

Inexperienced leadership. Lack of professionalism within the office (cliques, upper management inner relations). Rapid decision making without thought of consequences. Lack of growth strategy and sustainability. Extremely high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Give more thought as to whom you want to hire. Invest in your employees (better training, more experienced leadership etc...). Be more transparent about expectations and where the company stands.

RealScout2014-01-27

RealScout Response

June 13, 2014CEO

Several months ago, RealScout hired an HR manager and Sr Director of Sales with over 25 years of sales management experience. As with many early stage companies, we experienced with rapid growth with limited resources. Since then, the company has hired incredibly talented and ...

Found 5 reviews