RealScout Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 36 reviews

4.3
RealScout CEO Arthur Kaneko
Arthur Kaneko
  1. "True Start Up, Awesome Community, Big Ideas!"

Current Employee - Member Success Coach

I have been working at RealScout full-time

Pros

Great Perks! Great People! Take your Dog to Work Community Feeling Collaborative Work Environment Snacks! Take on as many responsibilities as you'd like

Cons

Commute from San Jose Eating Too Many Snacks

RealScout2015-12-01
  2. "Fastpaced, hardworking environment"

I have been working at RealScout full-time

Pros

Changes happen quickly, projects/tasks are organized, free lunch every day, upper management tries to communicate well and effectively, a lot of talented/experienced coworkers.

Cons

Low starting compensation, typical startup work/life balance, company feels smaller than it is with employees working offsite/remotely throughout the week

Advice to Management

Encourage employee happiness + work/life balance in your company values.

RealScout2015-12-06

"Good people; management left a lot to be desired"

I worked at RealScout

Pros

Working at RealScout, I met some of the best people I have ever worked with. These guys have a knack for attracting good personalities. The company works in a really interesting space that has a lot of opportunity for change.

Cons

Management simply does not have their priorities straight. Individuals are not utilized to their potential. Opportunity for growth is almost non-existent. The company can't seem to find out how make real estate agents love the product.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team. They have some really great ideas and are sometimes afraid to voice them. Agents like the product; figure out how to make them love it.

RealScout2015-08-28

RealScout Response

October 6, 2016CEO

Thanks for the candid feedback. We're always looking for ways to grow. Since 2015, a lot has changed at RealScout, including a refreshed leadership team. I hope you found a company that better suits you. Thanks again!

"Great place to grow professionally and personally"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

RealScout has great culture and makes for an awesome work environment: a perfect mix of hard-working and fun-loving. Crush your goals, play some ping-pong, grab a beer, and help build something great.

Cons

Commuting from San Francisco (Caltrain makes it much more bearable)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Don't lose sight of the culture and core values that RealScout was founded upon as we grow and scale.

RealScout2015-05-06
  5. "Great Culture & Meaningful Work"

Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at RealScout

Pros

- Great people who are willing to mentor and share their experiences with you from all departments. - Full stack work, you'll constantly be learning and broadening your development knowledge - Immediately able to contribute - Great ability to influence product direction - Encouraged to pursue interests/new features with a hack day every other week - Company is very transparent, you can see how other departments... operate - Good company cohesion - Great perks - Management truly wants the company to be a good fit for you and actively seeks to help if you have problem - Office wide ping pong tournaments

Cons

- Cost of living in the area means your pay won't go as far if you decide to live in Mt. View.

Advice to Management

Keep employees motivated with your enthusiasm and honesty.

RealScout2015-05-07
  6. "Transparent Company, Great Engineering Team and Fun Working Environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

- All programmers, specifically senior engineers, are very willing to distribute knowledge - Engineering management is very approachable and invested in mentoring other developers - Very easy to work with product team - Relaxed, comfortable working environment - Great perks - Pair programming - Spike days (hack on any project you want) every other Friday - Ability to work on the entire stack - Possibility of... adding significant new features/implementing new software into the stack - Management/Company transparency is fantastic.

Cons

- Pair programming - Not in SF - Might not be able to offer the highest compensation

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency and communication high between departments and continue creating a successful product.

RealScout2015-05-06

"Inside Sales Account Executive"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I worked at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent pay, company laptop, Laid back, fun working environment, and with Mr. Flachner, you get visionary leadership! Free lunch, ping pong, exciting company events. Really enjoyed working here.

Cons

Lack structure, training could be better, sales goals and expectation not tenable, typical startup hiccups, too casual.

Advice to Management

Establish stronger controls: with training curriculum. BHAGs should be tenable, specific, and measurable.

RealScout2015-05-10
  8. "A strong, young company in a competitive market ripe for innovation."

Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great perks, culture and team. Flexible time-off policies, pers like Breakfast, Lunch and Laundry funds! Uber too.

Cons

It's in Mt. View, which can suck if you aren't in Mt. View or nearby. Wish they were in SF. It is a start-up so get used to getting things done with limited resources.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring engineers and growing! We need to bring this to the masses. The product is solid at its core - we need to keep it evolving.

RealScout2015-03-10

"Unorganized"

Former Employee - N/A in Mountain View, CA

I worked at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

We had a lot of fun.

Cons

Not going anywhere. That's why I left.

RealScout2014-10-31

RealScout Response

November 3, 2014CEO

It's always sad to see an employee leave with a bad taste in their mouth. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

10. "Fun, young, exciting, and on the verge of something big."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a very open leadership structure at RealScout. Your ideas are taken seriously, garnering the feeling that anyone can improve the trajectory of the company by sharing with the team. Some key new leadership hires combined with a team of young talent make RealScout an ideal place to learn a ton and be a part of something huge. Our CEO is a great leader and places a huge value on culture and employee happiness.... Oh yeah, the kegerator is near by and we have daily post-lunch nerf gun wars.

Cons

Normal startup stresses. With the trajectory company being fueled by the production of each and every person, the ability to manage personal pressure and tasks is crucial to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep it fun and keep the communication open.

RealScout2014-09-30