RealScout Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 36 reviews

4.4
RealScout CEO Arthur Kaneko
Arthur Kaneko
  1. "Make your mark, and have fun every day."

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

Your energy and contributions make a difference each and every day. The camaraderie and environment is super supportive. Scrappy like a startup should be. Creative perks over the top of standard ones. The leadership team cares a lot about the people and culture, and they are building the company to last.

Cons

Can't get everything done fast enough. Focus will help. Not limiting time-off tends to lead to not taking time off.

Advice to Management

People are itching to bring it bigger, but they need help aligning their efforts. The troops don't need more motivation, they need to feel some wins.

RealScout2014-07-26
  2. "Hardworking and Energetic Environment"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at RealScout part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at the company is dedicated and hardworking, everyone wants to be there. There are a lot of events that are made specifically to enhance office culture and make sure that everyone gets along and knows each other, so the culture around the office is very positive. I don't have the same benefits as other employees because I'm hourly, but the in office benefits are great: the pantry is always stocked with... food, there are bbqs frequently, and jelly beans all around the office. It's definitely a quirky environment with some interesting personalities. Very surprisingly informal environment, people seem very comfortable here. One of my favorite parts is the "lunch and learn" events where the company sits down and someone from one of the departments has a presentation about what they do. It's a very informative way to get to know the person and to understand more about how the company functions.

Cons

Not really any cons unless you don't like the work you're doing, and it is extremely important to be dedicated to the job you're assigned. There are a lot of tasks to be done in a small start up like this, so make sure you're prepared every day for what you will work on and accomplish.

Advice to Management

Keep letting people bring their dogs in, and encourage others to bring them in! Also, I love having music playing when I arrive in the mornings.

RealScout2014-07-07
  3. "Great startup culture"

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong values, great potential for organizational and personal growth, and a fun place to work!!! RealScout is poised for success and has a strong, intelligent, hardworking team. In the past few months I have seen the company reinvent itself and grow and I am looking forward to the future of the organization. The CEO is a great listener and really goes a long way to foster an environment of open communication. ... There are fun events at least twice a month like team barbecues and Funky Fridays where everyone dresses up. I would definitely recommend working here if you are looking for a true startup experience.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to say about the company... Being a startup it does seem like there are a few internal processes that need to be worked out, and sometimes that can be frustrating, but really overall nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

keep up the fun team events.

RealScout2014-06-16

"Excellent Product, Great Startup Culture & Smart, Fun People!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for more than a year

Pros

At RealScout, we have the direct ability to help create the company's future. Embrace change, work hard and great things will happen - that's the company's philosophy. Contrary to a couple of the negative reviews, we do try very hard to provide open and honest communication. Each department has weekly meetings so the employees can be heard. We have a weekly all-hands meeting where updates and decisions are... discussed. Everyone has a say in various projects and initiatives. We treat people well so they are happy at work. We have food provided for free, culture events for bonding experiences, dogs allowed at work, flexible vacation schedules, expenses paid for, and much more. Yes we work hard, but we play hard too.

Cons

As with any startup, things change rapidly. When you build a company from scratch and achieve massive growth due to product acceptance in the market, there are bound to be growing pains. And RealScout is not immune to those. We have solid plans for putting together systems and processes that will alleviate those problems.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the company's vision for the product and continue to seek advice from advisors and people who've done it before.

RealScout2014-01-29

"Culture, Friends, Professional Growth.... Startup!"

Current Employee - Member Success Coach in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you enjoy working at a place where you can: -Meet awesome and smart people -Make new friends -Laugh -Joke -Grow professionally -Be challenged everyday -Have your ideas heard -Has a fun culture -Allows dogs in the office -Has a fully stocked kitchen and fridge -Pays for your medical, dental, and vision Then look no further!!!

Cons

Work/Life balance... but what do you expect, it's a startup!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and maintain the startup culture as we grow.

RealScout2014-01-28

"Great culture, unique product, transparent management"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, Great benefits package, Food, travel, and gym perks, Opportunity for personal and career development, Transparent management

Cons

Startup work/life balance, Location slightly out of way

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you do, including being receptive to feedback.

RealScout2014-01-29
  7. "Everyone works together and is one great big family!"

Current Employee - Member Success Coach in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

We get to have our hands in many faucets of the company to make it feel like our own.

Cons

Processes are constantly changing as the direction is changed.

RealScout2014-01-27
  8. "Changing the Real Estate Industry. Changing your life!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at RealScout full-time for more than a year

Pros

TEAM! It's all about team at RealScout from culture events to collaborating with others in different sections of the company. Be part of something. The whole team just helped build the new office and everyone can see their input. It's awesome. Free food and perks! Gym membership, cell phone bill, Lyft reimbursement, Health Insurance, unlimited time off, car washes, dry cleaning, pet friendly, gas reimbursement,... brew your own beer and more!....(is this really a startup because they're operating better than an Inc. 500 company when it comes to employee benefits) High commissions and bonus incentives. Better than any other industry I've sold in. You get a salary, plus equity potential, plus a commission on the sale, plus a bonus, PLUS monthly competition prizes like free flight school training, couples massage, skydiving tickets, concerts, comedy show bonuses, and even a 5-day vacation. Find me another company that pays sales people this well WHEN YOU PERFORM. Learning: Work with developers, CFO's, CEO's, sales executives and prior industry professionals from Google, Box, KPMG, Apple, Tesla, and successful start-ups and learn about their methodologies. You're rubbing elbows with some brilliant people, and RealScout focuses on bringing in top consultants to expand your career potential and knowledge. It's awesome! Learn how to build a company too! Be heard. As a small, developing start-up, you get to be heard. Don't like the color of the pins on the website, what color should they be and why? Test your theories and create your ideas with a team. Have a great idea for a culture event, let everyone know! Upward mobility. As we grow, you grow. It's a startup, so it's exciting and fun at the same time. The best part of RealScout: Give it time, everybody is learning and growing. I have grown leaps and bounds ahead of any other job I could have had in only 1 year. No other job on the face of the earth could have taught me as much as I have learned in 1 year. You will be pushed and work crazy hours, this is a startup, but if you press on, you will be better than you ever expected. Test your limits and grow!

Cons

Tough location in Sunnyvale, but luckily, they're moving to Mountain View! Not everyone holds their weight. Some don't work as hard as others, but those that don't are moved out of the company quickly. This is a mission at RealScout.

Advice to Management

Continue on the mission that started a year ago. First it was 1 little area in Northern California, now RealScout covers all of Northern California and Seattle. We've received faith from funding and from our employees who devote a lot of time to the mission. Ignore the nay sayers and those who couldn't hack it. Only hire A players unless you want to be a C team. It's the best opportunity in a space that needs... revamping.

RealScout2014-01-28

"Fun, Accepting, Hard Working environment."

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

RealScout has been a great environment to work. It is conducive to an individual who is hard-working and motivated to make a difference. If you take control of your situation you will surely succeed at RealScout and as a startup there is always room to grow into a bigger and better position as the company itself grows. The culture is great, the leadership is always aiming to make the employees comfortable and... happy. The office is equipped with a great break room that includes a large TV, games, a ping-pong table, and nerf guns. Dog's are allowed at the office. Lunch and dinner are catered M-F. Office gatherings happen regularly and they are always looking for suggestions on things to do. Health insurance is covered at 100% for the employee which is an awesome perk. The product solves a great problem and has exponential potential. It truly is a product you can get behind.

Cons

As I would imagine with many startups there are some growing pains. Organization could be improved upon, and processes could also be improved upon. The leadership team is always making an effort to take suggestions and make improvements as we are transitioning.

RealScout2014-02-04
  10. "Fun, fast-growing startup."

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at RealScout full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun and relaxed culture, free food/drinks and a flexible vacation policy. No egos here, which is a very rare thing. Everyone is genuinely invested in making this company great.

Cons

Very fast-paced as is the case with most startups. There have been some growing pains simply because of the rate at which the company has been growing over the last few months, but things are definitely stabilizing. Really looking forward to this next year.

Found 36 reviews