Cover image for Dext

77 Comments

Tech

627.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Dext~1050316
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Dext? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Dext employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture, tech stack and code quality, but low budget for salary updates

Jul 12, 2022 - Software Engineer in Plovdiv
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Amazing culture of individual responsibility + Good tech stack + Code quality + Stable employment + Not much stress + No overtime

Cons

- not much budget for salary updates

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place and culture, fully remote

Jun 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Sofia, Sofia (city)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place and great culture, fully remote, great options, smart team and CTO.

Cons

Sometimes behaves like a corporation with slow changes and mindset, esp. on the business side.

3. Join the Dext team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place for software engineers

Apr 29, 2021 - Software Developer in Plovdiv
    Business Outlook

Pros

- World class engineering team - Great code quality. Regular meetings about all kind of tech debt. Everyone is boy scouting. Tests are mandatory and must cover most of your feature. Pull request are reviewed by all leads. New React features are thoroughly reviewed by the React gurus. Often you have to rewrite an implementation. Daily tech meetings with your team, which is really helpful. - Phenomenal CTO and head of engineering - Competitive salary - You'll definitely upskill here - 100% remote

Cons

From a software engineer point of view, you won't face any issues that can upset you or make you feel bad, because all the people above you will take care of that.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

OK-ish

Jul 21, 2021 - Software Developer in Plovdiv
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Relatively ok salary - Many employees are very knowledgeable

Cons

- too much bureaucracy: PRs, slack channels - too much micro-managment

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

So much talent in a single place

Feb 26, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Sofia, Sofia (city)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture and a team full of incredibly talented go-getters. Receipt Bank has provided me with the opportunity to express myself freely, teach others and be taught by others. Everyone is committed to perfecting their craft, and the product, and the atmosphere is very inspiring, with everyone teaching everyone else. This is the place for proactive, creative, constantly learning people who are devoted to improving themselves and their skills. Most professional company I've ever worked at. Constantly evolving and iterating over processes, experimenting, and looking ahead.

Cons

Can not think of anything.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Surprisingly experienced people, high-quality code, culture of open communication

Oct 2, 2019 - Software Engineer in Plovdiv
    Business Outlook

Pros

* most of the colleagues are surprisingly experienced - above my initial expectations * full-time remote option available for engineers * code is mostly clean and nice to work with, tech stack is modern up-to-date * culture focused on product quality and open communication

Cons

* World of accountancy software sometimes might get a bit frustrating with all the minor details to consider, other times might be plain boring * Not very clear how salary increases happen. There are performance reviews, but management says those are not related to salary reviews.

8. 5.0

Opportunity I Have Only Dreamt Of

Dec 7, 2017 - Developer in Varna
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am part of the Receipt Bank remote team. For me it is a dream come true - the opportunity to work from home without spending hours in traffic is huge. I have a newborn and for me it is way more valuable to spend that time watching her grow rather then running around the city.

Cons

The company has grown really fast in the last few years. As a result it is hard for me to adjust my thinking to match the current company structure.

9. 5.0

Senior Developer

Dec 7, 2017 - Senior Developer in Plovdiv
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Fully remote work is perfectly fine + Low stress levels - CTO is really careful to keep stress over dev team as low as possible, focus is on a long term marathon play + Plenty of highly skilled and experienced tech guys to learn from + Clean code with TDD principles in place + Current CTO is a true leader, a worth-following persona

Cons

- some of the legacy code is not yet sorted out, but it's within top priorities

10. 5.0

Customer Support Manager

Dec 7, 2017 - Customer Service in Sofia, Sofia (city)
    Business Outlook

Pros

You would have the pure freedom to suggest and discuss everything with everyone (even the CEO). Further, you would have the power to decide the best approach in every case and defend your position. You can expect clear relationships with your colleagues with no gossips and count on tolerant managers.

Cons

Every day you meet a new challenge - everything changes really quickly. You need to be prepared for constantly growing tasks.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company to work in

Dec 1, 2017 - Software Developer in Sofia, Sofia (city)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible and remote working is awesome but you have to manage it carefully. It not an easy thing for everyone ;) There is an optional office with great vibes and coworkers ;) Awesome processes!

Cons

Sometimes communication with the PO's it not an easy thing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews