Receipt Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2019

Found 71 reviews

3.7
Adrian Blair
Pros
  • "Receipt Bank has provided me with the opportunity to express myself freely, teach others and be taught by others(in 20 reviews)

• "(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you don’t like working in a fast paced company then this is not the place for you(in 5 reviews)

• "Division and lack of communication between development and service departments, not too bad though and understandable for such a fast growing company(in 4 reviews)

"Account Management"

I have been working at Receipt Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

- All feedback and growth is not only geared for Receipt Bank but for skills that you can take anywhere. - There is freedom to create your own schedule but still having constant contact to keep you on track. Your success is directly related to what you put in and seek out. - Definite "Team" atmosphere with everyone contributing to the same company wide goal. We are competitive with each other but only for the reason...

Cons

- Only con I can think of is there are sometimes mis-communications with software updates or process changes between the different regions (offices) and the Team members.

Advice to Management

- Keep communicating necessary updates/changes to the team in a structured way. - Keep being as resourceful and helpful as you have been, it's awesome!

Receipt Bank2017-03-09
  2. "Love my job, not crazy about my boss"

I worked at Receipt Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual work environment and great people to work with.

Cons

Leadership is not the best. They tend to sugarcoat everything and then when things blow up, they put the blame on everyone else.

Advice to Management

Transparency please.

Receipt Bank2019-05-20

"OK company but be cautious"

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Receipt Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Surrounded by some very smart people I personally enjoyed working with my team Working from home is encouraged on some teams when needed

Cons

Be aware they recently just laid off almost half (20 people) of their DC office. There is confusion around who can make decisions and responsibilities. Some of the team leaders don’t like to show up to work and that is somehow tolerated. Some of the c suite is toxic and will verbally attack their own team, in front of others. Pay is just ok and sales commission structure is new and bad.

Advice to Management

I don’t know where to start. Hopefully new CEO can turn it around a bit because I do think there is potential!

Receipt Bank2019-04-26

"Overall a good place to work, but protect yourself..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Receipt Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture was very team-oriented when I was there. Coworkers were always willing to help if you ask them and were excited to hear new ideas (and excited to see you bring new ideas to the table). Constant feedback on your performance was incredibly helpful and my growth as a professional was very noticeable. While it can be intimidating at first, if you take it in stride and with a constructive attitude you will learn...

Cons

Favoritism was obvious and a major factor in the high turnover from what I could tell. Saw some people come and go due to "not fitting the culture" but others stayed despite similar behaviors/issues because they got along well with management. They preach a culture of accountability but management can use that against you. You may take heat for something that was beyond your control or because expectations were not...

Receipt Bank2017-12-04

"Receipt Bank puts neither their employees or their customers first. "

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Receipt Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Receipt Bank was a great place to work two years ago, when it was a true start up. You will gain experience and receive constant feedback on your performance. Interesting to be in an industry experiencing such rapid change and advancement.

Cons

Recent changes in the product and pricing have created a high-pressure sales environment, with a bait and switch product that leaves customers and the sales team frustrated.   Customers are consistently upset with the product and pricing. Expect to deal with complaints from many customers wanting to cancel within their first month. Employees and management consistently joke about there being no HR department. Complaints...

Advice to Management

Take employee concerns seriously. Invest in an HR Department.

Receipt Bank2017-09-11

Receipt Bank Response

September 28, 2017Head of Talent and Experience

Hi, we are sorry that your journey at RB ended in a negative light. With any start-up there is always going to be growing pains and the culture will evolve, that being said we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to see you go, and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

"Great company for career advancement early on"

I have been working at Receipt Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity for a lot of responsibility Great innovative energy and collaboration in the office Opportunity to negotiate your value often Start up environment

Cons

No 401K Start up environment - have to roll with the punches sometimes with processes not being defined, but that's what also makes it a pro

Receipt Bank2017-08-30

"New Business Development"

Current Employee - New Business Development in Washington, DC

I have been working at Receipt Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Receipt Bank has invested time in not only my professional development but also my personal development as well. They have created an energetic environment filled with constant feedback, support, and growth opportunities. I couldn't be happier at Receipt Bank and I'm so glad I made the move over here!

Cons

No downside that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Receipt Bank2017-03-08

"Exciting, fast paced company"

I have been working at Receipt Bank full-time

Pros

+ Collaborative, competitive team atmosphere, you work with a group of highly motivated individuals who are eager to help you learn + Gain wide knowledge of different segments of the sales cycle +Opportunity to develop hard and soft skills - focus on coaching and constant feedback +Reward/Celebrate success +Travel opportunities +Quarterly reviews with an opportunity to negotiate salary

Cons

+ Long hours, can feel like there aren't enough hours to effectively complete/manage all of your tasks +Normal growing pains from growing so rapidly

Advice to Management

+ Keep putting your employees first and the growing pains will be addressed. + Take time to promote collaboration between the different teams in different offices to keep the company cohesive.

Receipt Bank2017-03-09

"Great but Challenging Environment for Growth"

I have been working at Receipt Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Wonderful team members, very helpful - Great mission, impressive software - Great place to learn and develop job experience - Fun but challenging workload

Cons

- Somewhat inconsistent approach to training/standardizing processes - Inconsistent management styles at sometimes

Advice to Management

- Better communication to ensure consistent management initiatives - More all-encompassing training modules for every person under every role

Receipt Bank2017-03-08

"Enjoying it! And learning each day"

I have been working at Receipt Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Ongoing feedback and coaching helps continually develop my skillset - Opportunity to learn in a young fintech company - International and national travel and learning opportunities - Feel like I'm contributing to the transformation of an industry - Great team environment

Cons

- Some growing pains, but they learn from their mistakes - Feel like I'm thrown in the deep end sometimes

Advice to Management

- Communication and delegation could be better - Make sure expectations are clear - Improve benefits - 401K, wellness program etc

Receipt Bank2016-11-17