Recharge Payments Reviews

Updated Jan 17, 2022

Found 92 of over 97 reviews

4.7
Recharge Payments Co-Founder Oisin OConnor (no image)
Oisin OConnor
Pros
  • "ReCharge is a stellar company to work for(in 24 reviews)

• "Remote first atmosphere is a huge plus(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Standard growing pains that come with a start-up - new procedures, additional training, putting in extra hours (you are compensated for this(in 11 reviews)

• "If working remotely isn't your thing, may not be the company for you but ReCharge gets it right(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Recharge Payments

Join the conversation on

Tech

105.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Recharge Payments~1961411
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Most positive work experience I have ever had

Jan 5, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great pay (both base pay and over-time) - Great benefits (free healthcare, remote living stipend, unlimited PTO, holidays off, etc.) - Tremendous opportunities for career growth - Emphasis on personal and professional development - Emphasis on creating relationships with your coworkers and team, despite working remotely - Fully remote work environment allows for autonomy and a great work-life balance - You learn so much working here, every day is a chance to learn something new!

Cons

- Fast-paced, high-growth environment might not be a good fit for everyone!

2. 5.0

Truly a Great Place to Work

Dec 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote first model, great DEI initiatives, leadership is consistently making thoughtful decisions.

Cons

Hyper growth comes with constant change.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great benefits

Dec 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic benefits for health, dental, and vision Company retreats multiple times per year Stock options

Cons

Less individuality as the company grows

4. 5.0

Amazing place to work

Oct 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Exciting work and feeling like your work matters - Autonomy to get your work done and not be micromanaged - Everyone is a pleasure to work with - Management cares about their employees. They take care of them so they can take care of our merchants. - Management wants to do the right thing for our merchants instead of just focusing on growing the business. - People love working here. I have yet to hear one person say a negative thing. - Retreats are amazing - Ability to work from wherever you want - Even though we’re all remote, we’ve found great ways to stay connected and make friendships - Benefits are awesome (open PTO with many holidays starting in 2022, 100% paid medical, dental and vision for your whole family, WFH stipend) - Management cares about diversity and inclusion - Incredible growth - it can present challenges, but it also makes for an exciting time. Recharge is thinking about all of the things now that most companies only think about AFTER massive growth. This enables us to do things right from the beginning.

Cons

While working remote is an amazing benefit, it can be a struggle for some. It is sometimes difficult to manage work asynchronously. Ultimately though, the benefit out ways the con for me.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company that really cares

Sep 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recharge is a company that cares just as much about its people as it does the bottom line. Leadership is competent and empathetic and really follows through for its employees.

Cons

A bit chaotic at times without robust processes in place, but that is improving!

6. 5.0

Thriving in every aspect

Sep 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best company I have ever worked for. All teams are full of talents and I can see how much we are disrupting the e-commerce and subscription space as the industry leader.

Cons

none I can think of

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

The best place I have ever worked!

Aug 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recharge is truly a people first company and that stems from the top down. You feel like people care about you from day one, no politics and just an overall good environment. Great growth and opportunity without any of the toxic tech culture I have seen in the past. Leadership team is touch with the business and are very transparent with where we are now and where we are going. If you are considering joining - you should!

Cons

Honestly, I have no cons. Have not been able to say that about any other place I have worked.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

SLT that really focuses on culture, great people, exciting to be a part of high growth

Cons

we are a high growth start up so can be fast-paced and things can change quickly so need people that look for that type of environment

9. 4.0

decent

Jul 4, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fully remote, good benefits, culture is OK.

Cons

apps need a lot of improvement, unclear vision, their tech is more old school

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The culture actually is as good as it seems like on first glance

Jun 15, 2021 - Technical Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fantastic work life balance - Autonomy (I haven't need to worry about micromanagement at all) - Ownership and growth - Benefits are top notch for a company this size - The position we're in in the industry, and the industry itself, is super exciting. Didn't know I'd be hyped on subscriptions, but here I am.

Cons

- Sometimes communication between departments gets lost in the mix - Standard growing pains, but I'm seeing ReCharge go right where I've seen other companies go very wrong when it comes to fostering/scaling the team and company culture we have here. - Processes are starting to break as we scale, but to be expected, and not the end of the world.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 Reviews

Recharge Payments Reviews FAQs

Recharge Payments has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 97 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Recharge Payments to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Recharge Payments employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Recharge Payments. This rating has decreased by 0% over the last 12 months.

94% of Recharge Payments employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Recharge Payments 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Recharge Payments to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Recharge Payments Job Seekers