Recondo Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jay Deady

1. "Excitement at Recondo"

Current Employee - Vice President Strategic Accounts
    Current Employee - Vice President Strategic Accounts

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very innovative company with an opportunity to lead the market in several key growth areas in Healthcare Revenue Cycle.

Cons

With such a unique and powerful technology offering and value proposition it's critical to focus on the top of mind areas for healthcare financial executives. A market based approach to what problems to solve first was important. In the past we had a bit more fragmented approach to the market. We are now laser focused, while still leveraging our innovation which is at our core.

Advice to Management

Continue the positive direction!

2. "A different company compared with last year"

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive Outlook - this is the major difference. Having been with company for two years, as many mentioned, there has been big layoff in past two years, but it seems the company has finally past the worst time, and is financially stable. The new group is more productive and cooperative, open space, awesome staff, it's rare to find a mid-size start-up style company in DTC area! Can definitely make your mark if you do want to achieve something.

Cons

Sales need keep improving to bring the company to next level.

3. "Day in a life at Recondo"

Current Employee - Technical Services Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Services Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New office space, awesome people, advancements in positions, positive atmosphere

Cons

swing space (but not too bad), parking but again not too bad

Advice to Management

N/A, On the client side it is pretty positive. It's not hard to have your opinion voiced or heard. All leaders are not managers but leaders and help provide a positive outlook on the future of the company.

As a engineer, I wished there was more one-on-ones but since moving to the client side I get all the communication I strive for. I know that the technology side has changed since I was there and more employees are getting frequent one on ones.

I started here as an intern and love coming to work. You never have a boring day and have the ability learn new technologies quickly.

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are great and extremely talented. Executives and management working hard to make sure this company is a great place to work! They really care about their customers and making a difference in healthcare.

Cons

This is a first job for some of my peers. They tend to be overly critical and under value the many benefits of working here. Many of my peers that moved on have come back or tried to return, because they realized what a great place it was to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the process changes, customer focus, and overall efforts to make this a great place to work. Free lunches, employee gatherings, and honestly sharing company information with employees has been a big plus.

"Layoffs"

Pros

Products are good and stable. Location is good. Support is OK. Engineering seems to be on top of products and services.

Cons

2 years ago if you Googled anything related to Recondo business, Recondo showed up on the first page of results. Now Recondo is nowhere to be found. The CFO and the so-called chief HR officer have been gone a long time but their photos still exist on the web site?! Lots of layoffs and resignations.

Advice to Management

Try to be current with the web site and optimize the site for the search engines especially Google. Try to generate Some innovative thinking and implement strategic initiatives.

"Decent company, but morale is low"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Despite what some of the recent negative reviews have said, this is really a decent company to work at, especially if you are just starting your career. The company has made massive improvements to the product from when I was first hired.

The office culture is very laid back with casual dress and there is decent work/life balance which has become better over the years, because again, the software has improved causing less "emergency" problems that needed to be fixed after the work day was already over.

The company was also profitable for the first time in its history, though that did come at the expense of lay-offs.

They contribute to your HSA on each paycheck. Most other benefits are pretty standard.

Cons

Company morale seems to be at an all time low because of the lay-offs and because a few people have also decided to leave on their own for other opportunities.

Pay is likely highly dependent on when you joined the company and what your position is, but I am well underpaid for my position based on current market values.
    The raises I received were okay, but never that great. Even when I was promoted, I only received a little over a 5% raise which still the highest I've ever received here.
    The lowest was just over 2% - this was after an average review grade, though I had just joined the team, so there wasn't much to go off of performance wise.
    However, as a result and as mentioned above, my salary is well under being competitive for the market. Again, this is just how it's gone for me. It could differ for others.

Depending on the team you join, the on-boarding process can be either difficult or non-existent. You might to work very hard just to understand the software because some of the code is unnecessarily complex due to poor design from the past.

Finally, there is no 401K matching, though that seems pretty common in small companies such as Recondo.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to gain back the trust of employees and continue to concentrate on the quality of the software as well as the process in which to achieve that quality.

"Too Many Lay Offs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Recondo Technology full-time

Pros

I worked under a great manager who made me accountable during my time at Recondo while also being flexible with me when it came to my family responsibilities.
    Every quarter I set new goals for myself through the reviews. I appreciated that as it made me keep setting the bar higher for myself in my position. As a result it made me stronger in my role at Recondo and ultimately made me a stronger employee with great skills. Fortunately this helped me a lot when I was laid off and was back on the job market looking for a new opportunity. My strengths came through for my next employer and I love taking what I learned at Recondo and put it to work for my new employer. I learned a lot of positive life time skills while at Recondo and for that I am thankful.

Cons

I worked at Recondo for over three years before getting laid off. I spent half of my time working under Rick Adams as CEO. During his tenure Recondo was on fire so I was surprised to see that the board let him go. When he left Recondo was never the same again. There was a notable change in sales and client satisfaction. I thought the intention was to take Recondo to the next level under the new CEO, Jay, but it was quite the opposite when he took over. Recondo begin to experience a noticeable decline all around and unfortunately it does not seem to be improving under his leadership. I think removing Rick Adams as CEO was a bad move. It seems like Recondo wanted to get to the next level but instead tanked under new leadership. When a company is suffering this bad, a CEO who is located locally needs to be more transparent in every way possible by being in the office and communicating with everyone from the receptionist to the executive management. This new CEO did not do that. He's not creating stability but rather chaos and uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Need a new CEO fast! Someone who has proven skills to bring a company back from its lowest point.

"Layed-off"

Former Employee - RRSII in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - RRSII in Irving, TX

I worked at Recondo Technology (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team work and individual support.

Cons

The business division I worked at closed.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees the way you want investors for your technology, such as employer contributions to 401k, continuing education reimbursement, etc.

"broken trust"

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recondo has a really nice flexible work environment, they also offer a good HSA contribution and the employee portion is reasonable.

Cons

There was layoff in February and we were told that was it, then they just did another one. A big one. Then the long tenured CFO "retired" - based on his face at townhall, I'm not sure that's true. There is very little trust in the CEO. I think our leaders in client services and IT are doing their best and are really good people. The CEO seems very fake

Advice to Management

I honestly don't even know at this point. Seems the company is spinning. I'd say be honest, but that is not the trend - I know there is stuff you can't say - but then just say that. don't spin a story

"Tough times"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our products are good and there is a strong focus on growth and taking care of the client. Our Chief Client Officer and CTO are great. Really strong leaders who have made a big difference.

Cons

They just laid off a lot of people including the whole HR team. Doesn't make sense and i don't trust the CEO at all. He was supposed to turn the company around but he's never here and doesn't talk to anyone but the execs. When he is here he is locked in his office. We're just over 100 people - he should be more present. I'm not sure how morale will ever bounce back from this last round of downsizing

Advice to Management

Communicate more. Townhall is fine but everyone feels uncertainty now.