Recondo Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Jay Deady

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work, left for different experience at larger company"

Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Recondo Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, competitive pay, great people work there, nice new office, very flexible schedule and management open to feedback and engaged

Cons

Aging startup, technology focus on some teams is narrow limiting career development

Advice to Management

Spread new development efforts across all teams, reward talent and performance with challenging projects and increased responsibilities.

"Working For Recondo"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Recondo through many changes within the company. Throughout my tenure, I have felt that every decision the company has made has been for the better. I started out as an Associate SE with just a few years of experience, and have been mentored and guided to a point where I am now an SE that is given plenty of responsibilities and my opinions are valued. The new CEO and CTO have built a great executive staff and tech staff. The upper management is very transparent. The culture and people who work here are awesome. Apart from a slim 401k plan ($0 match or contribution) I have no complaints about working at Recondo and proud to be a part of this company.

TLDR: Your voice matters, upward mobility, awesome people, laid back but focused environment, PTO is decent, new office

Cons

401k benefits are poor. The company does not contribute or match anything for the 401k plan.

Advice to Management

Keep up engaging employees in all aspects of the company, continue to value everyone and not bloat the company with middle managment

"Recondo Technology Review"

Pros

Progressive, largely positive work environment

Cons

Somewhat stressful, hold in marketplace not very stable

"What a difference a year makes!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Lunches, ski trips, brand new office space. Great people, talented managers, executives that have worked hard to continue the growth of this company, make it a great place to work along with a commitment to customer satisfaction.

Cons

Change has been extremely positive, but at times difficult . Co-workers who at times take for granted what a great place this really is to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the improvements with focus on employee and customer satisfaction.

"Innovative products that make a difference for customers"

Current Employee - Vice President in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Vice President in Denver, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The products are the most innovative in the market. There are continued investments in new technology to provide additional solutions to our customers and expand revenue opportunities. Over the last year the development organization has introduced new design frameworks that has improved product user experience expedited time to market.

Cons

Opportunities to improve brand awareness and lead generation activities

Advice to Management

Continue providing transparency to all members of the organization on corporate strategy and measurements against vital few.

"Excitement at Recondo"

Current Employee - Vice President Strategic Accounts
    Current Employee - Vice President Strategic Accounts

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very innovative company with an opportunity to lead the market in several key growth areas in Healthcare Revenue Cycle.

Cons

With such a unique and powerful technology offering and value proposition it's critical to focus on the top of mind areas for healthcare financial executives. A market based approach to what problems to solve first was important. In the past we had a bit more fragmented approach to the market. We are now laser focused, while still leveraging our innovation which is at our core.

Advice to Management

Continue the positive direction!

"Day in a life at Recondo"

Current Employee - Technical Services Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Services Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New office space, awesome people, advancements in positions, positive atmosphere

Cons

swing space (but not too bad), parking but again not too bad

Advice to Management

N/A, On the client side it is pretty positive. It's not hard to have your opinion voiced or heard. All leaders are not managers but leaders and help provide a positive outlook on the future of the company.

As a engineer, I wished there was more one-on-ones but since moving to the client side I get all the communication I strive for. I know that the technology side has changed since I was there and more employees are getting frequent one on ones.

I started here as an intern and love coming to work. You never have a boring day and have the ability learn new technologies quickly.

"A different company compared with last year"

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive Outlook - this is the major difference. Having been with company for two years, as many mentioned, there has been big layoff in past two years, but it seems the company has finally past the worst time, and is financially stable. The new group is more productive and cooperative, open space, awesome staff, it's rare to find a mid-size start-up style company in DTC area! Can definitely make your mark if you do want to achieve something.

Cons

Sales need keep improving to bring the company to next level.

"Layoffs"

Pros

Products are good and stable. Location is good. Support is OK. Engineering seems to be on top of products and services.

Cons

2 years ago if you Googled anything related to Recondo business, Recondo showed up on the first page of results. Now Recondo is nowhere to be found. The CFO and the so-called chief HR officer have been gone a long time but their photos still exist on the web site?! Lots of layoffs and resignations.

Advice to Management

Try to be current with the web site and optimize the site for the search engines especially Google. Try to generate Some innovative thinking and implement strategic initiatives.

"Decent company, but morale is low"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Despite what some of the recent negative reviews have said, this is really a decent company to work at, especially if you are just starting your career. The company has made massive improvements to the product from when I was first hired.

The office culture is very laid back with casual dress and there is decent work/life balance which has become better over the years, because again, the software has improved causing less "emergency" problems that needed to be fixed after the work day was already over.

The company was also profitable for the first time in its history, though that did come at the expense of lay-offs.

They contribute to your HSA on each paycheck. Most other benefits are pretty standard.

Cons

Company morale seems to be at an all time low because of the lay-offs and because a few people have also decided to leave on their own for other opportunities.

Pay is likely highly dependent on when you joined the company and what your position is, but I am well underpaid for my position based on current market values.
    The raises I received were okay, but never that great. Even when I was promoted, I only received a little over a 5% raise which still the highest I've ever received here.
    The lowest was just over 2% - this was after an average review grade, though I had just joined the team, so there wasn't much to go off of performance wise.
    However, as a result and as mentioned above, my salary is well under being competitive for the market. Again, this is just how it's gone for me. It could differ for others.

Depending on the team you join, the on-boarding process can be either difficult or non-existent. You might to work very hard just to understand the software because some of the code is unnecessarily complex due to poor design from the past.

Finally, there is no 401K matching, though that seems pretty common in small companies such as Recondo.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to gain back the trust of employees and continue to concentrate on the quality of the software as well as the process in which to achieve that quality.