Red Arch Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 14, 2017

4.9
Walt Vieser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Finally, a Company That Cares About Their Employees"

Current Employee - Cloud Development Lead in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Cloud Development Lead in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Red Arch Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive and supportive work environment with direct access to senior management. You are afforded every opportunity to grow. If you need schooling, training, support, this company will back you 100%. Coming from a company that promised me the world yet showed me nothing in return for all my hard work, Red Arch Solutions is first class in everything they do. I could not be happier.

Cons

There is nothing remotely negative I have to say about this company. I am trying to think of anything I would like to see changed or fixed, but continually draw blanks. I've been in my professional career for more than 14 years, and to find a company as wonderful as Red Arch Solutions, has changed my life around both professionally and at home. A happy work environment is a strong reminder at how life should be. It’s been a GREAT, nearly 2 years.

Advice to Management

Keep promising the world and delivering it. It's no wonder why people get hired and never leave.

2. "Value based and mission focused company who really does put "People First""

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Red Arch Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honest leadership who roll up their sleeves and are involved and in touch with their team. Culture is a buzz word, but I think the culture is healthy - open door and direct contact with executive leadership. Corporate staff is energized and dedicated. Contractors in the field are very bright folks. Office location itself is phenomenal; lakefront property, easy access to routes 29/100/175.

Benefits are pretty robust, not one area where it lacks but PTO is well above average, HSA is helpful and vision plan is legit.

Cons

Red Arch is not very "well known" to a lot of folks...marketing/branding will help improve that. Small/medium company so you will not climb the "corporate ladder" rapidly per-say, but grow in other ways; experience, compensation, responsibility.

Advice to Management

Improve on the branding/marketing so more people know about Red Arch.

3. "A company that cares about it's employees and mission."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Red Arch Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Respectable corporate culture, openness and honesty are common. Leadership cares and takes the time to visit the employees. Excellent benefits such as up to 6 weeks PTO, 10% 401k, Master's program and college savings plan. Tries to win exciting work while staying true to it's core capabilities.

Cons

Employees are geographically all over the place due to customer's mission thus making it hard to collaborate sometimes. However, people to go out of their way to try.

Advice to Management

Since employees are geographically scattered....try every means of communication and be consistent.

4. "Employee-Centric Government Contractor"

Pros

Executive management cares about the career development of all employees. They recognize the inherent value of having employees grow and advance in their careers. Great access to executive management due to their active involvement in the day to day operations of the company. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Be more deliberate in hiring program/project managers that share the values of the company.

Advice to Management

Don't change what's working.

5. "Great SME Company to work for"

I worked at Red Arch Solutions full-time

Pros

Direct access to owners, decisions come quickly, excellent professional and technical reputation

Cons

Growth can be painful at times

Advice to Management

Ownership and shareholders are one thing. Day-to-day management is another. As company grows, the two should be segregated

6. "Mid-sized Company with Personal Attention"

I have been working at Red Arch Solutions full-time

Pros

Direct access to leadership, they treat everyone with personal attention to your needs like it's a small company, the culture is very positive and promotes professional networking, they promote continuing education and are open to your ideas on how to expand your experience, they reward for performance without "pulling teeth", they provide incentives for loyalty.

Cons

Performance review system does not have peer reviews. It's mostly based on your supervisor and your input.

Advice to Management

Improve the performance review system