Red Bull ASM Reviews | Glassdoor

Dietrich Mateschitz

"Account Sales Manager"

Current Employee - ASM in Denver, CO

I have been working at Red Bull full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, awesome place to work. Great leadership, strong drive and clear direction. Really good benefits Employee discounts on lots of things Free wings!

Cons

No development Get stuck in a rut Terrible work / life balance pay suck

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees, make an effort to support them and keep them around

Red Bull2016-09-03
  2. "STILL F.S.U. Wisconsin!!!!!"

Current Employee - ASM in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Red Bull full-time for less than a year

Pros

The support system to succeed is second to none..truly recognize front line where the rubber meets the road in order to make Red Bull continue being successful...

Cons

After getting over the "honeymoon" period of starting a new career path, I have no negative comments at this time...

Advice to Management

Continue the high energy culture and of course continue to F.S.U!!!!!!

Red Bull2016-07-11

"Red Bull Philadelphia is a joke!"

Current Employee - ASM in Phila, PA

I have been working at Red Bull full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros to working here. Please head this warning and do not apply or work for this company!

Cons

Managers, Hours, Pay, Lack of resources, Culture, Leadership, HR. I have worked in the DSD industry for many years and this is by far the worst company out there. If you want to give up your entire personal life this is the company for you! The management here is the absolute bottom of the DSD world and will do their best to make your life miserable. Avoid this company at all cost!!!

Advice to Management

Learn the basics of leading a team and managing people. Your lack of experience and interpersonal skills is horrifying. 100% employee turnover should be a red flag!

Red Bull2016-01-16

"RBDC, very hard work, but good environment"

Current Employee - ASM in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Red Bull full-time

Pros

Great health benefits, good vacation structure, real holidays (unheard of in DSD) and lot's of free food/snack/drink perks. Upbeat and energetic environment. They have the right idea, and try to keep a very progressive attitude.

Cons

WAY too many meetings (almost every morning) a lot of pressure to oversell accounts (common in DSD industry) The routes can get a bit overwhelming and the constant push to oversell eventually catches up. Pay structure is too incentive based and should be more straight commission.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the meetings. too much role play and sales "lessons" actually is counter productive to how most of these people function and interact. Most of us want to get on the route and get moving, not spend the 1st 45mn or more pretending to be a store manager and watching videos. Arm us with the knowledge of the deals for our accounts, and let us do what we get pad to do.

Red Bull2015-09-01
  5. "Great job a lot of fun a few bad managers that can turn it around"

ASM in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Red Bull

Pros

Get to move around not stuck in one place and the pay is pretty good. Lots of give sways electronics trips mostly fun people

Cons

Micro managers too many surveys and way too much paperwork while DSM sits around

Advice to Management

If a manager is constantly turned into HR and not let go is just down right dumb the company loses thousands of dollars on people quitting over one manager ?????

Red Bull2015-08-14

"ASM"

Current Employee - ASM in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Red Bull full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good health benefits. Good Benefits over all. Weekends off.

Cons

long working hours. No structure. Micro Managing.

Advice to Management

More structure as in decisive leadership instead off flip flopping every hour. Better routes so days are not so long

Red Bull2015-07-04

"started out great but management sucks"

Former Employee - ASM in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Red Bull full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Only good reason was the benefits they offered for my family. Other then that horrible

Cons

Expected 11+ hr days, never good enough, no room for improvement unless you know someone or like the told me "drink the Kool aid"

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and listen to their ideas. Management is cocky, learn respect and realize you should make going to work fun,not something to dread

Red Bull2015-05-14

"Red Bull Distribution Company is NOT Red Bull North America"

Former Employee - ASM in Houston, TX

I worked at Red Bull full-time for less than a year

Pros

pros? There are quite simply no " pro's " to speak of. Unless you are a brown-nosing, "YES" man..., you're screwed. If you are, this is the place for you!

Cons

Too many to list....you will arrive at 5am, God forbid you are late by a minute, you will see the worst management has to offer as they are always juggling priorities and acting like they have everything under control. In short, 60-70 hours of work per week, low pay, low vacation accrual ( if you ever get it approved to take which wont happen ), no support, horrible work environment, get treated like dirt...the list... goes on. Like I said, if you are a butt kisser, this is the place for you. If you are a hard-worker with any sort of life, don't worry, they'll fix that in a hurry .Bottom line, I fell for the bs they offered and it was a total lie, their recruiters and managers are great salesmen, or bs artists....you are making the biggest mistake of your life by coming here! Stop! Turn around and run while you can!

Advice to Management

stop lying to get people hired and then changing the game, stop with the fake culture of "fun", you people pretty much kill that on day one, don't spend all day screwing around in the office acting like you're working, no more ridiculous cheers, music in the morning and a bs pep talk by someone who cant even write an order is not as effective as actually working.

Red Bull2015-01-27

"great experience builder"

Current Employee - ASM in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Red Bull full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits start early am, finish early pm

Cons

work/life balance management contradict one another

Red Bull2014-10-28
  10. "Good company to work for if you are new to DSD industry. They are a new company that is separate from Red Bull."

Current Employee - ASM in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Red Bull full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young fun crowd to work with

Cons

Low pay for a DSD company

Advice to Management

If you want to be the #1 DSD company you need to be willing to compensate the sales force for their work.

Red Bull2014-10-27