Red Classic Transportation Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Ron Drogan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent, Growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Classic Transportation Services full-time

Pros

Growing, Great Customer base, Good co-workers, Company usually makes the effort of supporting the employees.

Cons

Space is limited in shop. Problems are not met with solutions in some instances (Personal & Shop-Wide).

Advice to Management

Continue to support technicians by providing meals, tools, bonuses, etc. Training is always a plus. Try to make the effort to solve all problems, whether shop-wide or just on a personal level for each person.

"Hostile Work Environment"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Classic Transportation Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free drinks on the shift.

Cons

2nd shift is a hosrile work environment. When I complained they fured me because I was temp to hire. I wokee there for almost two months. I was warned by other employees that 2nd shift was horrible.

Advice to Management

Next time a person will get a lawyer. A major lawsuit is coming if ypu dont deal with your 2nd shift employees in dispatch.

"Chaos"

Pros

Nice coworkers. The company is trying to get it together but they have a ways to go. Pay is decent. Free beverages.

Cons

I've worked in hectic environments, but this was daily chaos. No real training. Management hardly ever around. Employees who only worked there a few momths conducting training classes. So many emails you barely have time to answer one before 10 other people are asking for a follow-up. Unprofessional management laying on desks and using profanity by phone and email.

Advice to Management

This could be a good company in about a year or so. Stop taking on new business if the employees can barely handle the workload as it is. There are better methods of receiving and distributing work besides an avalanche of unread emails.

"Great Place to work, but needs some work with motivating employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Classic Transportation Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great family atmosphere. Every one was nice to work with. Some people were very helpful with team work. Also great place to work

Cons

A lot of manual work due to old system. Systems need a major upgrade. Very post reactive to problems. Nothing is really done in the beginning to prevent problems down the line. Need more process documentation. Will work you to death and not hire more people to assist. Always felt like more stuff was thrown on my plate, with no raise. They felt like overtime would suffice.

Advice to Management

Smile more and talk to the employees more to see what they are dealing with day to day. Don't just wait for them to come to you. We notice when things are stressful, but Management doesn't talk much to the employees to let them know what is going on. Also listen to the employee when they do tell you what is wrong and address it.

5. "Great for a night driver"

Current Employee - Driver (Night)
    Current Employee - Driver (Night)

I have been working at Red Classic Transportation Services full-time

Pros

Pays you for everything you do

Cons

Will keep you out all night. Every night.

"Carrier Procurement Rep"

Former Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Classic Transportation Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed being a broker for this company. The compensation is great, and have consistent freight to keep you busy. This is a Coca-Cola Bottling backed company, so you have fantastic support

Cons

The company is growing too quickly.

7. "Operations"

Current Employee - Operations in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Operations in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Classic Transportation Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast growing company. Great environment. Supportive leadership. Many opportunities. Part of a larger company backed by the Coca Cola brand.

Cons

Needs better systems. Still trying to create efficient processes. Sometimes the growth created confusion. Really no downside other than growing pains associated with rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Align growth to process and systems capabilities. Keep encouraging staff. Continue to invest in staff development.

"Accounts Payable Specialist"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Classic Transportation Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company values and upper management

Cons

favortism amongst employees and management, lack of training

Advice to Management

Be more attentive to whats going on

"in trouble"

I have been working at Red Classic Transportation Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

there is no pros to this company anymore

Cons

going down hill fast from where it started

Advice to Management

take a long hard look at your company and have a real sit down and listen to your drivers

"Went from good to bad"

Former Employee - Nite Road Driver in Bishopville, SC
    Former Employee - Nite Road Driver in Bishopville, SC

I worked at Red Classic Transportation Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice equipment if your domiciled from a non end of the line location. Uniforms. Newer line haul trailers. Electronic logs.

Cons

Large turn over of supervisors and dispatch planners. Most new people hired to manage are inexperienced and when they begin to understand they get fired or quit. I had seven supervisors in four years. Ccbcc the parent company seems oblivious to the actions of their trucking company. Drivers work an average of two hours per trip for no pay.

Advice to Management

Rehire the former coca cola transport people. Some of the best people I have ever worked for. They may have been expensive but they cared about the company. The employees and customer service.