Red Clay Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Mike Cocroft

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You're rewarded for your hard work" (in 10 reviews)

• "Fun and friendly work environment" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Like any company currently expanding, Red Clay has it's growing pains" (in 7 reviews)

• "They are a small, growing company that is still finding its feet in some areas" (in 4 reviews)

"Here is how I feel about this company"

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RCC has been able to provide me and everyone in the company, a flexible work-life balance, a fantastic training program and professional development, freedom and responsibility, diversity and inclusiveness (where I can be myself), the opportunity to be resourceful and self-sufficient, great benefits and perks (AKA Travel), an excellent wellness program (flu shots, fitness classes) opportunities to serve the community as a company or as an individual in what I’m passionate about, and I can keep going. We’re a team that enjoys challenging and unique projects and more so problem-solving. Our leadership is approachable. Our owners are generous and compassionate yet true visionaries. My favorite thing is that I’ve been fortunate to meet new friends, real friends to work, travel, and have fun.

Cons

1. Need to be able to adapt well to change as RCC is a small-medium size.
    2. You need to be patient and realistic; you need to give yourself the opportunity to learn and embrace the industry and the solutions we implement. To be an expert requires experience and knowledge.
    3. Travel, yes, we need to travel… and is a lifestyle. Therefore, you have to embrace it. If you’re not sure, then is not for you! However, it has its perks.
    4. IT is NOT a 9-5 job.

Advice to Management

1. Keep doing what you're doing.
    2. Don't hire "$erks" like the one that wrote the last few reviews. I'm pretty sure they don't work here as I've never seen or experienced anything like that. Someone like that is not part of our culture.

"Concerned with Image more than employee satisfaction"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OK Salary, not top pay because they target kids straight out of college.
    Snacks in the break room
    Convenient location
    Decent benefits
    They do attempt wellness programs.

Cons

Amount of travel is a bit excessive. This makes it almost impossible to have a stable relationship, much less start a family.

Management doesn't take the negative reviews seriously. In one of our last "all hands" meetings, upper management dismissed the recent bad reviews as "former disgruntled employees". They are not willing to listen to anyone to make the company better.
    Red Clay goes out of their way to ensure that bad reviews are removed from this site so that their "image" is as good as it can be regardless of how things are on the ground level.

Management at this company really isn't that experienced. The most of them have been raised up from within and do not have a good grasp on how to manage people. They tend to use an old school method of management of demanding respect as opposed to commanding it. This management style does not work well on millennials.

Red Clay claims that they have an open door policy, but that policy only goes so far. If you share anything with someone in management, the rest of the management teams will know what was discussed very shortly there after.

HR is very gossipy. If you mention something in passing to one of the HR members outside of work, like at a birthday gathering, all of HR will know that you said something and you might even be called into the top HR person's office to discuss what you said.

There are people that no one knows what they do. As a consultant, I don't expect to know the ins and outs of everyone's function. One of the top dogs appears to only come to the office to check on the bit coin miners and the 3D printer while vaping in a "smoke free" environment.

Advice to Management

Take these reviews seriously.
    Listen to your employees because without us, you wouldn't have a company.
    Outsource your HR department because what you currently have is not working.
    Help employees with their health. Travel is hard on people and not everyone is capable of staying healthy and travel as much as we do.

"Strength in Strategy and Culture"

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Open and honest leadership that provides transparency in both plans for and execution results of our corporate strategy. The culture of the company is one where everyone is on the team, plays on the field and celebrates every win as a team. This is not the type of place to be if you like to sit in the stands and just watch the game. If you've truly been at Red Clay you would know that we all share in the successes every year and success comes from personal ownership and doing what it takes to deliver our best every time. To say otherwise and be immersed in the amazing culture that is at the heart of Red Clay would just be "false news".

Cons

Not a negative at all, but you own your career at Red Clay. No one is going to move you along in our career to a timetable or preset plan. You own your advancement from your initiative, your knowledge gained and your results.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. The transparency in strategy, planned grow approach and honest messaging is appreciated.

"Downhill"

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was once a dynamic and visionary company
    Great social events including annual company trips to exotic places
    Salary is ok and bonuses are good about every other year

Cons

No vision of where we are going
    Seems like we are going after any work we can get
    Management team is very controlling and is not helping us grow
    Company owners seem to be not know what to do to sustain growth so they are hiring a number of senior people but not giving us a chance to step into these roles
    Some senior people recently hired behave very strangely
    HR cannot be trusted. Anything you say to them in confidence spreads quickly

Advice to Management

Figure out where it all went wrong and try to fix it
    Communicate to everyone what our growth plan and strategy is

"Great Company, Amazing People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good work-life balance
    -Very strong support structure to make sure you succeed
    -Management very receptive to suggestions, even from new employees
    -Smart (for the most part), ambitious, friendly colleagues
    -Boutique firm with great culture
    -Office space
    -Even let you use your own personal credit cards to do all work-related travel and expenses

Cons

-Travel for all consulting roles, up to 80% and sometimes more
    -(some) growing pains as company grows in size

Advice to Management

Reevaluate some team staffings that are holding back company reaching its full potential

and don't lose company culture as it grows

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

colleagues are really close to each other. You always feel like as a part of family!!!

Cons

Work and Life balance is hard to achieve.

"Awesome Corporate Culture!"

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time

Pros

Red Clay is an amazing place to work. Everyone has such a can-do spirit and always willing to help one another. We work hard AND play hard.

Cons

Open seating arrangement can be distracting at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Small enough to see how your individual contributions impact the company
    - Management team puts people first and recognizes that happy employees translates into happy customers
    - Exceptional new employee training program and existing employee development program
    - Good benefits package

Cons

- Intensive hiring process
    - Steep learning curve; however training program balances this out

Advice to Management

Continue to put people first and we will always be successful.

Sep 20, 2017 – Managing Director, Operations

Thank you for your review! And, thank you for pointing out some of the programs we've worked hard to improve over the last couple of years. I can understand how our rigorous hiring process can be... More

"Consultant"

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time

Pros

Red Clay has a smart group of people and an inclusive, supportive corporate culture.

Cons

Because of the nature of the business, there is at a minimum of 50% travel for consultants.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Red Clay is a rewarding and fun place to work.

Sep 20, 2017 – Managing Director, Operations

Thank you for your positive review and recognizing what makes RCC stand out and a great place to work. I hope that your 50% travel is also sometimes a pro, or at least 25% of the time!

Susanne... More

10. "Special Place to Work and Learn"

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Red Clay is truly one big family! Everyone gets along and managements goal is to help you grow to your full capacity. The management team is very transparent, considerate and helpful. It is a very diverse place to work and accepting of all. Red Clay Consulting treats all employees no matter what level with respect and honesty.

Cons

I have none to write about.

Advice to Management

You are the best!!!!

Sep 20, 2017 – Managing Director, Operations

Thank you for your review. I love hearing the opinions of relatively new employees. Our goal is that Red Clay will continue to embrace what has made us successful and to maintain the positive... More