Red Frog Events Reviews

Updated May 3, 2021

3.6
Red Frog Events Co-CEOs Joe Reynolds and Ryan Kunkel (no image)
Joe Reynolds and Ryan Kunkel
Pros
  • "Opportunity to travel (sometimes con)(in 18 reviews)

• "Office perks (snacks, lunch on mondays, gym)(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours here and there but it was always a fun time because co-workers became some of my closest friends(in 24 reviews)

• "The full time employees make little (if any) effort to actually teach you about event planning(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Race Director

Mar 8, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and people plus amazing work life balanace.

Cons

Had it's challenges with start-up and communication.

2. 4.0

Overall, ok

May 3, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people were the best part!

Cons

Organizational leadership was needed improvement!

3. 3.0

RIP

Feb 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a good place while it lasted

Cons

It didn't last long enough

4. 3.0

Looks better on paper

Dec 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great medical and vacation benefits.

Cons

They do not value their people. They have had multiple mass large scale layoffs within a few years which would lead a person to believe they don't know how to properly handle finances.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

I loved every day.

Mar 31, 2014 - RAD POLE in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was awesome. You are handed a ton of responsibility. What you do with it is up to you.

Cons

Some shady hirings take place at the end of every class - it seems to be the trend. There is not a shroud of doubt in my mind that some people are hired over others because they are more popular and "in" with the full timers. That is not even a bitter excuse, trust me. I am about 2 years removed from the tadpole program and have no ill-will toward the company or anybody there. Like i said, I loved my experience...but just beware that you really are not hired based on how hard you work or what you contribute. It's kind of a crap shoot and a shame that the two CEO/Owners aren't more involved with who is who in the intern class. Instead they are just given suggestions by the full timers who get chummy chummy with interns that they like and wouldn't mind bringing on as a colleague to go to the bars with on Friday nights.

Red Frog Events Response

Assistant Director of Tadpole Development

Thank you for being honest about your time here at Red Frog. We are both glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience, as well as appreciate the feedback you have provided. Each company is unique in their hiring process based on their needs and infrastructure, and we are no different. As a fast-growing company, we have structured our Tadpole experience to be just that, an experience. We aim to provide hands-on industry experience, encouragement in the workplace through our unique culture, an increase in skill sets and a juicy resume builder to help you pursue your passions. Again, we always strive to better ourselves and we thank you for your feedback and opinions. If you would like to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to call.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Red Frog Events: What Dreams Are Made Of!

Oct 26, 2011 - Event Coordinator in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Red Frog Events is an incredible company to work for. We have a fun work environment that allows and encourages creativity. The people who you are surrounded with are open-minded, smart folks who are not just your co-workers but friends. We work together, but we also hang out together, outside of the work place. We get to travel around the world to put on insanely cool events. Our company awards our hard work constantly by providing moral nights, family lunches, and field trips.

Cons

The only downside of Red Frog Events is that we put in long hours, but our company acknowledges our hard work and has an extremely flexible vacation days. Our work environment is so much fun that the day goes by extremely quick, you don't even realize how long your work day is.

7. 2.0

Unknown Future

Jul 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-A history of being a great company, with accelerated growth -In general, lots of great people- smart, talented, creative and just great to be around -Nice office environment with decent perks! -Opportunity to travel -Ability to take on a lot of responsibility and explore different career paths

Cons

Some major changes are currently happening at Red Frog. While I'd like to think they're for the best, some of the decisions from senior leadership seem questionable. -Consistent mismanagement across several teams -Lack of transparency around decision making -Job security is not guarantee at this point -While Red Frog preaches a transparent and fair culture- it's not necessarily always lived, especially in some parts of the leadership team.

7 people found this review helpful

Red Frog Events Response

VP of People Operations

Thank you for your review. I truly appreciate the honesty. I make sure to read all Glassdoor posts and consider all suggestions made. As you know, our goal is to make sure Red Frog is a top workplace. I wish you all the best. - Courtney

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Most rewarding experience of my life so far

Oct 26, 2011 - Race Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Variety of work- employees have a hand in many different aspects of the company and are given incredible responsibility as well as the tools to be successful. Endless travel opportunities. Coworkers are amazing people who make it exciting and fun to come into work every day and create the supportive environment that makes our office feel like home. The benefits are truly amazing (unlimited paid time off, one work from home day per week, excellent insurance, etc.) Red Frog Events values employees' opinions and is constantly growing and evolving. Encourages a great work life balance.

Cons

It's a challenge (but a fun challenge) to keep up with incredible work load and never-ending growth at Red Frog. The opportunities here are endless.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A whirlwind of experience, discovery, and some of the most unique 4 months of my life.

Feb 10, 2012 - Event Coordinator in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-the wonderful people who you encounter every single day -the office perks, creative freedom, and encouragement you receive from management -the travel to interesting locales across the country and occasionally overseas. -valuable friendships forged in a small amount of time -Management involved, approachable, and friendly

Cons

-little transparency as to the hiring process -sorority/fraternity-like atmosphere, could be a plus if you're into that type of environment -lines between work/personal life seriously blurred and eventually destroyed -long hours

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

People-Centric with a Strong Focus on Company Culture

May 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-I work with some of the most amazing people I have ever met and am blessed to be able to call most of them my friends. -Recognize and reward talent and hard work -Take feedback seriously and involve employees in almost all decisions -Open book management -Generous benefits and bonus package -Strong focus on long term success without straying from vision and purpose -Strive to make a difference in the world -Great work life balance -Fun place to work that I still very much enjoy

Cons

-Can sometimes take one or two people's feedback so seriously that it has a negative impact on others but I suppose that is part of being people-centric. -Some people aren't fans of the travel but I suppose this could be a pro for others.

1 person found this review helpful