Red Frog Events Reviews | Glassdoor

Red Frog Events Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2018

Found 82 reviews

3.5
Red Frog Events CEO Joe Reynolds and Ryan Kunkel (no image)
Joe Reynolds and Ryan Kunkel
Pros
Cons
  • "Most positions are event based, not full time(in 59 reviews)

• "long hours here and there but it was always a fun time because co-workers became some of my closest friends(in 24 reviews)

1. "Race Director"

I worked at Red Frog Events

Pros

Great benefits and people plus amazing work life balanace.

Cons

Had it's challenges with start-up and communication.

Red Frog Events2018-03-09

"Looks better on paper"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Red Frog Events full-time

Pros

Great medical and vacation benefits.

Cons

They do not value their people. They have had multiple mass large scale layoffs within a few years which would lead a person to believe they don't know how to properly handle finances.

Red Frog Events2018-12-05
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"No More Drama After Smart Changes Made"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Red Frog Events full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to really own what you do Event world is tough but fun/rewarding Leadership Team People Benefits (travel, work-life, unlimited pto)

Cons

Baggage from old employees and the way things “used to be” TBD vision for growth

Advice to Management

Now that the bad apples are gone, rebuild with the core team and let the past be the past.

Red Frog Events2018-06-29
  5. "Manager"

I have been working at Red Frog Events full-time

Pros

Great perks, atmosphere, opportunities, people

Cons

Poor communication, long hours, lack of training

Red Frog Events2018-06-14

"A shadow of its former self"

I worked at Red Frog Events full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work hours, fun office, lots of perks, great benefits, opportunities to travel. Good people. Awesome partnership with St. Jude Children's Hospital.

Cons

• A month or so before we were all let go, we were asked to write positive reviews on Glassdoor since the ratings were slipping. Buyer beware. • There is a serious disconnect between the managements's perception of Red Frog and reality. When I started, it was an inspiring, creative, culture-based company, and I positively loved the job, the gritty parts and all. After 3 years, people had left, bad decisions were... made, the culture weakened, and we all started to feel it. It seems like anyone that had expressed dissatisfaction was let go in the second massive wave of layoffs since my hiring (20 people, myself included, this past October).

Advice to Management

Be transparent, as you promise to be, and invest in your people, like you used to do, and Red Frog might be great again.

Red Frog Events2018-01-09

"People-Centric with a Strong Focus on Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Red Frog Events full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-I work with some of the most amazing people I have ever met and am blessed to be able to call most of them my friends. -Recognize and reward talent and hard work -Take feedback seriously and involve employees in almost all decisions -Open book management -Generous benefits and bonus package -Strong focus on long term success without straying from vision and purpose -Strive to make a difference in the world... -Great work life balance -Fun place to work that I still very much enjoy

Cons

-Can sometimes take one or two people's feedback so seriously that it has a negative impact on others but I suppose that is part of being people-centric. -Some people aren't fans of the travel but I suppose this could be a pro for others.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Red Frog Events2017-05-02

"Event Coordinator"

I worked at Red Frog Events

Pros

Got to travel to many events all over the country, great for someone who just graduated college

Cons

Not compensated fairly for work done, poorly managed events on site, no communication between coordinators

Advice to Management

Having consistency with events, letting people know ahead of time their roles.

Red Frog Events2017-02-03
  9. "Unlimited Potential"

I have been working at Red Frog Events full-time

Pros

Red Frog has the right leadership, and an engaged, energetic staff that helps make working here an adventure everyday. The sky is the limit, and that makes waking up for work exciting finally!

Cons

Occasionally there are to many hoops that need to be jumped through to get various tasks approved and fulfilled

Advice to Management

Keep powering forward with the same core tenants that are preached throughout the year, employees appreciate the culture and the autonomy over their own work

Red Frog Events2016-12-23
  10. "So happy here"

I have been working at Red Frog Events full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at other companies with "culture" where it was fake and forced. Not the case here. The feeling of family is real, even for a super introverted person like me. The CEOs are honest and genuine. The company is becoming more and more transparent so the employees know exactly what is going on. The benefits are great. First time I have ever had work/life balance in a job! I love what I do and have learned a... lot. I think there are a lot of current/past employees who criticized the company because it changed. They didn't realize how bad other companies really are in comparison. Most of the people I've known who have voluntarily left have regretted it.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement. Health care hasn't really helped for anything I've needed it for yet.

Red Frog Events2016-12-04

"Fun & Fast paced"

Event Coordinator

I worked at Red Frog Events for less than a year

Pros

worked with so many people in my position and it was a lot of fun. Learned a lot from my supervisor and was able to assist on a number of different projects

Cons

I am not sure they still have internship opportunities for as many people.

Red Frog Events2016-08-08

Red Frog Events Response

August 10, 2016VP of People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience! I'm so glad to hear you learned a lot and had a positive relationship with your manager. Please keep in touch! All the best- Courtney *All current opportunities with Red Frog can be found on our "WORK WITH US" page at www.redfrogevents.com.

Found 82 reviews