What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Red Hat has a great culture as you would expect from a company that founded it's roots in open source." (in 488 reviews)
- "Great People building Great Products for Great Customers!" (in 335 reviews)
- "Good work life balance and brand name" (in 213 reviews)
- "benefits are good" (in 157 reviews)
- "Work culture is good and supportive" (in 96 reviews)
- "Low salaries comparing to other companies but the quarterly bonuses kind of make it tie." (in 122 reviews)
- "bad management" (in 119 reviews)
- "Low pay for an intern." (in 87 reviews)
- "the only drawback is that the quality of management isn't universally vetted and a bad manager can ruin your experience" (in 82 reviews)
- "Probably a throwback to the startup days and senior leadership." (in 46 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Red Hat and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 118 of over 4K reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work from home"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0May 18, 2022Software Quality EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPune
Remote work and permanent work from home with WFH reimbursement. Proper acknowledgement for effort that reflects on variable pay(i.e. 100% quarterly bonus) Lot of opportunities to research and work on new technologies. Rather than doing tedious boring task people encourages to do it in a smart way. Flexible time for work. Seniors are ready to accept opinions.
Nothing as of now. will update if I find anything.
- 1.0Apr 5, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
- pay is good - flexible work from home
Gigantic mess of a company. Lack of processes and ownership, too many teams working in silos and there is no end-to-end view. Sales ans delivery organisations don’t talk to each other, leading to the problems you can imagine.5
- 4.0Feb 4, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeRaleigh, NC
Open Source and culture FTW! Awesome snacks, good volunteer opportunities. Collaboration thrives due to global offices. Flexible work from home and telecommuting.
Pay below industry average. Not many challenges.1
- 3.0Apr 30, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
- Some sort of work life balance - Job security
- Loose management, some people find difficult to get good work and get very less opportunities to learn new things because their may be situation when a person is performing repetitive tasks or same assignments for a very long durations - Manager is out of touch with daily work, don't share information and always focus on negative points. - Compensation and promotion is mostly situation based and is never based on the individual's hard work and performance. - You are not allowed to do work from home for multiple consecutive days in some teams except considering current pandemic situation. - You might have to fight for leaves while considering for vacation or a week off (from your earned annual leaves quota only)1
- 3.0Apr 3, 2018Quality EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
- Work from home (work remotely)
- Starting PTO time is below average and only 3 extra days every 5 years. - Poor compensation compared to other tech companies - Culture is poorly defined, and they dont always follow it9
- 3.0Dec 27, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Red Hat is very flexible, allows staff to work remotely and it's great! I must say this is 1 of the big plus points for me.
It really depends which department you work for and who is your boss - this will decide your bonus, your promotion and your future. Some depts are very tough while some are very relaxed. There are different cultures even within the same region! Work from home - I am also seeing some staff taking advantage of this and cheating on company's time. They come in very late for work (late everyday, taking long lunch breaks and leaving early, so maybe only work 4-5 hours everyday) and work from home more than what they should. While some hardworking folks cannot get the permission to work from home even when they need to - kind of unfair, so it really depends which region you are from, who your boss is and if your boss knows what you are doing (hope those cheaters get caught one day). Overall Red Hat is a good company with decent people, I wont say all of them are smart, some are quite dumb in fact... dont know what they talking or doing.....3
- 5.0Apr 12, 2022SWE InternFormer Contractor
This was at the peak of the pandemic when many peers were having internships canceled on them. Red Hat started remote and was very flexible when work from home was essentially mandatory. FOSS is a fascinating category of computer science and Red Hat is filled with an amazing passion for it.
WFH as an internship was difficult. It was an adjustment period for everyone, this was their first 'class' of remote interns so it was not as natural to get everything out of it.