Red Light PR Intern Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Intern

Red Light PR Intern Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2017

4.0
Red Light PR CEO Jen Phillips (no image)
Jen Phillips
  1. "Definitely be a proactive intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

Great networking opportunities Professional yet easy going atmosphere Work with known stylists in the industry Get hands on fashion pr experience

Cons

You need to be a communicative person and need to be proactive. Talking to people is key, and expressing what you want to learn while you're there will take you a long way.

Advice to Management

Have the interns shadow the AE's I loved my internship experience, definitely showed me how the fashion pr industry works

Red Light PR2017-03-30
  2. "Be Proactive!"

Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

Great networking opportunities, working with people in the industry, professional yet fun environment, and you get to learn the know-hows of fashion. Great opportunity to put what you learned into action

Cons

If you're not the talking type, probably not the best for you. It is imperative that you enjoy talking to others, it let's the AE's and showroom manager know that you want to learn. If you want to know how to do something, all you have to do is ask.

Advice to Management

Best thing for the interns would be to have them shadow AE's more often for more hands on experience, other than that I loved interning at Red Light PR!

Red Light PR2017-03-30
  3. "Great Internship Experience"

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

I loved connecting with stylists and editors on a daily basis. We did a lot of pitching both through email and in person on magazine desksides. I primarily worked on the merchandising tasks since that is my major but also learned so much about PR!

Cons

There were a lot of us interns when I first started, so many that there wasn't enough to keep us busy. Although, they realize that and will not be taking on as big of a team moving forward in their internship program.

Advice to Management

Teach interns more about the PR side rather than just the fashion side. Maybe do some shadowing or explain more?

Red Light PR2016-08-26
  4. "It was an experience that allowed growth for the future."

Former Intern - Intern in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

Provided hands on experience working with account executives that provided assignments daily. Having interns write press pitches was a major key element, possibly try to incorporate more tasks of that matter to help gain a better sense of marketing.

Cons

Some slow days where there was not much do besides organize and reorganize, wasn't the best experience to gain for public relations.

Advice to Management

Try to have more useful tasks for the interns that can be utilized in the field besides reorganization and research. Possibly try to incorporate interns on what account executives do specifically when handling clients to gain a better insight.

Red Light PR2016-08-13
  5. "Great internship experience"

Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Red Light PR

Pros

My favorite part of interning with Red Light would have to be getting the opportunity to assist stylists with pulls. I have been able to learn so much about the industry through this internship and each day I find myself learning more and more. The account executives are always willing to answer any and all questions to help the interns gain as much information as possible. I especially love that everyone in the... showroom is super personable and approachable! This was by far the best interning experience I've ever had.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that due to some of the interns availability, some day there will be 5+ interns and other days you could be the only intern for a couple hours. Handling the showroom solo isn't bad at all but it is definitely nice when there are multiple interns.

Red Light PR2016-04-27
  6. "Place To Intern At"

Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

From the interview to my time actually interning has been very smooth and calm. To start, the environment is full of positive, creative, and ambitious people. There isn't a shortage of things to do nor of help when needed. Being an intern at Red Light PR has taught me that it is a company that invests in the growth of not only their employees, but in their interns as well. If anyone is looking to learn as well as... offer creative input, then this is a great place to do so!

Cons

I would say that the only con is the amount of traffic that I encounter when leaving home Friday's at 6PM.

Red Light PR2016-04-27
  7. "Every experience is a good experience (Summer Intern)"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

-Worked with stylists and found out it was a big passion of mine -All of the full-time employees were very nice -Got introduced to ALOT of industry people -You are literally in the heart of New York City, it was my first time there are it was AMAZING -Networking was great -Relatable employees -I grew more independent -The opportunities to visit magazines (Allure, O, Elle, Self) and see their offices was... eye-opening got a lot of names and information -The full-time employees gave me so much personal/ career advice -You learn to work with others from all different backgrounds -Really get immersed in the PR industry, it's no joke -You have to make the most of it if you sit back and do nothing you'll get nothing but if you work hard, talk to and help the people at the showroom you'll get a lot more

Cons

-A bit unorganized -The interns I worked with weren't the best, they really didn't want to work so I picked up a lot of slack but that was good because it got me noticed and I got a lot of great opportunities -Not always busy but you learn to do other things -Needs a few more computers -IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK HARD DON'T COME, come to learn and come to work or you'll waste everyone's time

Advice to Management

-There needs to be some sort of stipend even if it's just lunch once a week on the company because I worked 9-6 everyday until we changed the schedule and it was a lot

Red Light PR2016-02-01
  8. "Emily's Intern Review"

Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Working for RedLight PR was one of the best decisions I have made. Everyone was so friendly and very helpful whenever I had questions. I was able to learn a lot about the fashion PR business and it made my interest for that profession grow even more. It is a great learning experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is just starting out. The CEO , Jen Phillips would come in from the LA office and... would be very friendly. She was extremely caring and down to earth. Erica, Matt, and Nikiya were all very welcoming and super friendly. They made working there worth while. They were always available if you ever had any questions and would be very willing to help you out with anything. I was able to work on my business skills such as sending pitches to potential clients, and helping with pulls to different magazines such as Style or Teen Vogue. Overall, working for RedLight Pr was amazing! I am so glad I was able to be part of their team.

Cons

The only downside of working at RedLight PR would be the commute for me. I live in Rockland County which is about a 45 minute bus ride into the city. Other than the commute, I can't complain at all.

Red Light PR2016-01-26
  9. "Good for fashion but no pay"

Current Intern - Intern in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Red Light PR

Pros

You are located in the heart of Hollywood, get to gift talent with the client's clothing, accessories, etc., you get to work on social media accounts and be creative, definitely what you make it as anything else. Almost all AE's were previously interns.

Cons

You work long hours for no pay. With so many paid internships with less or equivalent hours...yikes

Advice to Management

Pay your interns

Red Light PR2016-02-04
  10. "My Internship Experience"

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

Working at Redlight introduced me to the world of fashion. I learned a lot about PR, fashion, talking to clients, networking, organizing events and working with inventory. I am truly grateful for the experience and I really was able to get a peak into both fashion and marketing.

Cons

Towards the end of my internship things became extremely repetitive and I was frequently very bored. I realized that I had learnt all I could.

Advice to Management

Hire less interns so that those who are there actually have things to do.

Red Light PR2015-12-17