Red Light PR Reviews | Glassdoor

Red Light PR Reviews

Updated 27 Mar 2018

Found 26 reviews

3.1
Red Light PR CEO Jen Phillips (no image)
Jen Phillips
Pros
  • "I was able to learn a lot about the fashion PR business and it made my interest for that profession grow even more(in 16 reviews)

• "We did a lot of pitching both through email and in person on magazine desksides(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Too many interns at a time someday(in 15 reviews)

• "Handling the showroom solo isn't bad at all but it is definitely nice when there are multiple interns(in 10 reviews)

1. "Amazing Experience!"

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Redlight PR is a must experience for aspiring fashion, communications, business marketing, and entertainment industry professionals. I'm truly glad that I made decision to join this company. Everyone is kind, professional, and resourceful, the environment they create enabled me to learn hands-on and gain real industry. In addition,this company would be a great fit for students as it is more than gracious and... reasonably flexible, providing adequate terms and conditions of employment. I highly recommend Red Light.

Cons

For me personally, traveling from 30 miles away was difficult. However parking is provided by this company, making it additionally great.

Advice to Management

Thank you to all staff, you've been a pleasure to work with!

Red Light PR2017-01-13

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few of the clients were really amazing to work with and made the experience bearable. I enjoyed the actual work, but unfortunately the cons (CEO and toxic work environment) outweighed the pros for me.

Cons

Red Light PR takes what they can get ($$$$) in terms of clientele and the clients aren't divided equally. Some AE's are given easy peasy clients with celeb. ties and praised for any little press that falls into their lap while other AE's are given brands that are practically impossible to get press for and lectured accordingly. Once I transitioned I actually received feedback from other agencies that they were... shocked that I was able to generate the press I did for the clients that Red Light PR on boarded. Expect to go above and beyond and never have it be enough, played against your co-workers by upper management and harassed when you exit. I haven't been at the company for several months now and they continue to e-mail me nearly once a month. The company also hires and fires new employees every 7 months... A sweat shop disguised as a "Fashion PR Firm" and to be perfectly honest a low class experience.

Advice to Management

The only reason I even wasted my time with this review is to let aspiring PR professionals know the real deal about this company... No amount of advice could rescue this establishment.

Red Light PR2018-03-27
  3. "Mgmt"

Current Employee - Day to Day Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Red Light PR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Red Light is a great work experience

Cons

Red Light doesn't pay enough for the time and effort required

Red Light PR2017-05-31

"Throw in the Towel"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Located near the interstate, sometimes wifi works

Cons

Constant lying to clients CEO's ego is sad Flips clients and employees like hot cakes

Advice to Management

Sell, or give up, or something. Stop pretending to have a New York showroom.

Red Light PR2017-06-22

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Located in a perfect area in Hollywood.

Cons

Management is incompetent. Owner is crazy.

Advice to Management

Train employees. Properly delegate tasks. Do not lie to clients. Always remain professional.

Red Light PR2017-04-03

"Redlight PR Internship Program"

Front Desk Receptionist in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for more than a year

Pros

Working at Redlight PR was a great experience for my very first internship in PR. Its atmosphere gave me an idea of how it really is in the Fashion PR world. Working there for 3 months was also really good for networking and getting to know the stylists of artists and editorial editors. I learned how to do press clippings, created pitches, and helped pull wardrobe for actual professional projects. Be ready to learn... how to merchandise, clean, and do other tasks than PR as well. Sitting in on the meetings was my favorite part because it gave me insight on what assistant executives, and the company really focused on. Overall it was a great place to start, and I think you can learn a lot within three months. But ultimately, it depends on how much work you are willing to put in. Ask questions, and make sure that you make sure you show up and make yourself noticeable to the AE's and Showroom Coordinator. If not, you won't get the best experience. In addition, it was really fun working right in the middle of Hollywood!

Cons

If coming from a distant location, plan accordingly. Traffic will delay you 15-20 minutes. Working with the AE's can be intimidating at first, but warm up to them and prove to them that you're not just there to do b*tch work. The intern schedule differs, sometimes there are too much and then sometimes there aren't enough to do the projects, just be prepared to get work done.

Advice to Management

I wish I got to learn more in depth about Fashion PR and the actual tasks that are given to the AE's. If the intern team were divided amongst what the individual wanted to focus on I think that would be great. For example shadowing the AE's if the intern wanted to do PR, or shadowing Amber about merchandising, and Cole for social media. The LA team for Redlight PR were great people to introduce me to what it is like... to be in Fashion PR and I actually really got a feel for something really different to me so thanks to them for that! I was also lucky to meet the founder, Jen cause she was in town from New York.

Red Light PR2016-06-21
  7. "Great internship experience"

Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Red Light PR

Pros

My favorite part of interning with Red Light would have to be getting the opportunity to assist stylists with pulls. I have been able to learn so much about the industry through this internship and each day I find myself learning more and more. The account executives are always willing to answer any and all questions to help the interns gain as much information as possible. I especially love that everyone in the... showroom is super personable and approachable! This was by far the best interning experience I've ever had.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that due to some of the interns availability, some day there will be 5+ interns and other days you could be the only intern for a couple hours. Handling the showroom solo isn't bad at all but it is definitely nice when there are multiple interns.

Red Light PR2016-04-27

"Eh"

in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

We have the opportunity to learn about how an office works. We got a lot of free clothes, so that was fun! We were close to all the fun LA spots for a good lunch. Good to put on a resume

Cons

Learned little to nothing. AEs were a little snooty. We did absolutely nothing conducive to PR, basically just retail/busy work Met the CEO once

Advice to Management

Teach interns something more than just checking in/ checking out clothes. Allow interns to shadow AEs and actually see how to work in PR.

Red Light PR2016-04-04
  9. "Intern Review"

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Learned a lot of things and really peaked my interest in fashion pr! Great opportunity to see what fashion is like in a social media driven world while also learning about different up and coming brands. Also, I really enjoyed everyone I worked with and felt respected as an intern.

Cons

Sometimes there are too many interns and it can get hectic with intern training. It is a fast moving environment so it is not recommended for someone who wants to just get by as an intern.

Advice to Management

Keep up the smooth communication between interns and the AE's because it helps keep everyone on the same page and receiving the same information.

Red Light PR2016-02-10
  10. "Emily's Intern Review"

Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Working for RedLight PR was one of the best decisions I have made. Everyone was so friendly and very helpful whenever I had questions. I was able to learn a lot about the fashion PR business and it made my interest for that profession grow even more. It is a great learning experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is just starting out. The CEO , Jen Phillips would come in from the LA office and... would be very friendly. She was extremely caring and down to earth. Erica, Matt, and Nikiya were all very welcoming and super friendly. They made working there worth while. They were always available if you ever had any questions and would be very willing to help you out with anything. I was able to work on my business skills such as sending pitches to potential clients, and helping with pulls to different magazines such as Style or Teen Vogue. Overall, working for RedLight Pr was amazing! I am so glad I was able to be part of their team.

Cons

The only downside of working at RedLight PR would be the commute for me. I live in Rockland County which is about a 45 minute bus ride into the city. Other than the commute, I can't complain at all.

Red Light PR2016-01-26