Red Light PR Reviews | Glassdoor

Red Light PR Reviews

Updated 27 Mar 2018

3.1
Red Light PR CEO Jen Phillips (no image)
Jen Phillips
  1. "The opportunity to intern at Redlight PR in NYC was one that will stick with me through the years. The staff was great i"

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Great atmosphere, learning skills that you can take with you in the future.

Cons

Taking out the trash, many interns so have to stay focused

Red Light PR2016-01-04
  2. "Good Experience"

I have been working at Red Light PR

Pros

Good for Networking, good for social media, best on independent work and pictures creating your own contents. Learn to use their software, a lot gifting and packaging, opportunity to be a leader.

Cons

Too many interns and some of them were really rude, lack of team work between the interns when were suppose to work together. A little on organizes at times.

Red Light PR2015-12-30
  3. "Red Light Intern (3 Months)"

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Amazing, friendly, and helpful staff Laid-back environment Hands on experience with stylists and bloggers Get to help at events and attend Great resume builder and learning experience Get to work on social media, out reach, and pitching Get to work next to CEO Jen All in all, I enjoyed my time at Red Light immensely. It's a great experience for someone looking for their 1st or 2nd internship in PR. I... learned a lot during my time here and made a lot of friends. The vibe of the office is chill and fun. There's always music playing, and I found that I was never afraid to make a mistake or ask a question like I have been at other internships. The staff is very understanding and truly wants us to learn and take away a lot form this experience

Cons

Unpaid, cleaning and taking out trash

Advice to Management

Continue to take interns under your wings and let them shadow you and see what it takes to be successful in the PR industry

Red Light PR2015-12-04

"Avoid at all costs"

in New York, NY

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

The only pro is the people I worked with because everyone there hates it you bond

Cons

Where do I start interning there is the biggest waste of time its an unpaid internship and you are given the responsibilities and working hours of employees because the CEO is too cheap to hire a staff big enough to manage all her clients. Which FYI is illegal! Speaking of clients they are all a joke. The CEO likes to think she is a launch pad for young professionals but this is just her way of taking credit of... former employees new successful jobs once they finally break free from the abusive environment she creates. She has no idea what she is doing or how to run a business as seen by the interns keeping her business a float.

Advice to Management

If you cant run a business (which you cant) don't.

Red Light PR2015-10-30
  5. "Summer internship in LA"

Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

I moved to LA from out of state for the summer in order to gain experience in Entertainment and Fashion PR. It was such a great experience because I learned so much about the Fashion PR industry. Andriana, the showroom manager and internship coordinator at the LA office, is so sweet and really took the time to get to know each of the interns individually. I was interested in learning more about her job and she made... sure to include me in some of her day to day work such as reaching out to celebrity stylists. I spent a lot of time assisting with pulls in the showroom, packaging celebrity gifts, and conducting research for the clients. I really enjoyed my time there and I feel that is has helped me prepare for future opportunities.

Cons

Unfortunately, summers are sometimes slower in the show room so there would be days when we had some down time. However, the Red Light team did a good job of finding assignments for the interns to work on. Andriana did mention that the showroom is usually busier during the spring and fall when there are more red carpet events and Fashion Week.

Red Light PR2015-09-07
  6. "Amazing learning experience!"

Fashion PR Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Contacted me soon after applying and had an amazing interview. Learned many things about the fashion industry, got to sit in on desk side visits to magazines, and learned how to interact with stylists, bloggers, and editors. Highly favor opinions of interns and always felt comfortable enough to ask questions. Interns were able to run social media accounts and create content on our own. Formed a great... relationship with all employees and the showroom is an awesome work environment.

Cons

Not every day you will have will be busy with the amount of interns and did not get to spend much time with CEO

Red Light PR2015-09-03

"PR intern - Biggest waste of time"

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Helping stylist....that one time they let us. It's hard to think of another pro, b/c it sucked so bad.

Cons

Honestly didn't learn a thing -- except to bite my tongue when the PR girls spoke to me. It was an unpaid internship and they could care less about us. Catty environment, management sucks. I'm not sure how they're still in business. For people looking for business..FYI! Clothes are dirty, and they never clean them.

Advice to Management

We want to grow and learn from you not sweep and do the trashes.

Red Light PR2015-08-25
  8. "Learned a lot. The internship experience was Amazing!"

Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

Here at Red Light PR I learned a lot about different designers. I also learned about the fashion industry and the fast pace it requires one to work in. Being able to work with stylists and celebrities was the cherry on top. Picking out outfits and sharing my opinion on different outfit picks was very rewarding. Having the opportunity to intern here at Red Light expanded my creative side and allowed me to fully... understand my love for the fashion industry. Communication between the interns and the account executives is great. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Couldn't have asked for a better team to be a part of.

Cons

The intern corner can become unorganized at times. It is the interns job to keep it clean and presentable. Teamwork is very important.

Red Light PR2015-05-07
  9. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Red Light PR part-time for less than a year

Pros

Quickly answered to my application, hands on with opportunity to work directly with account executives

Cons

Sometimes not a lot to do, unpaid, the CEO said we were going to do things that never ended up happening, a lot of cleaning of the showroom

Red Light PR2015-01-05

"You Get What You Give, Great Company & Great Experience"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Red Light PR part-time for less than a year

Pros

I interned here throughout the summer of 2014 and honestly had an incredible experience. The employees are wonderful people and RLPR is like a little family. That being said, I 100% believe that you get what you give with this experience. Some interns came and went without really putting in any effort but if you are hard working and willing this will be a good experience for you too. Some Pros: -a ton of... networking opportunities -assisting in event planning -get to experience the basics of styling/assist stylists that come in the showroom -learn basics of pitching to new outlets -gain experience in social media tracking & learn importance of social media -gain a clear understanding of how the fashion pr industry works -overall confidence in beginning a career in the pr world Advice to incoming interns: be eager and ASK for projects. Matt and Jenna will most likely ask you for assistance in projects regardless, but the more you ask the more you will get out of the internship. If you sit around waiting for direction, you probably won't enjoy the internship as much. At RLPR you can really choose the direction of how successful your internship is. Just like in the real world, you have to go after what you want. I loved this internship because I worked hard.

Cons

The only real issue I had with the internship is problems with too many interns & not enough computers. RLPR really is working to fix the whole computer problem, but it was definitely frustrating at times to have to share 3 computers when we all have something we needed to do on them.

Advice to Management

I'm really seeing a lot of positive changes in RLPR and I'm confident about the future of the intern program. Thanks for a great experience

Red Light PR2014-08-01