Red Light PR Senior Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Red Light PR Senior Account Executive Reviews

Updated 27 Mar 2018

2.2
Red Light PR CEO Jen Phillips (no image)
Jen Phillips
  1. "Great company to work for as a young professional"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Red Light PR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You get to work and handle all areas of PR; events, editorial/online pitching, social media, celebrities, blogger seeding, stylists etc. - If you show your hard work and dedication, you will be recognized - All of the coworkers are very close and you get to work as a team - There are several benefits that larger corporate firms do not offer - You truly grow as a young professional and learn a great deal... about not only PR, but life situations - The CEO notices if you are a hard worker and appreciates employees that show they care - You get to travel to places such as NY to host events and meet editors face to face. You will hold onto these relationships for the rest of your career - Employees get direct client interaction which allows you to grow relationships with industry professionals - The firm has a wide array of clients to work with, everything from kids collections to high end gowns

Cons

- You have to occasionally work weekends which some employees don't understand, but that's the life in PR - If you don't have a strong personality, you won't show your true potential

Red Light PR2014-03-05

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few of the clients were really amazing to work with and made the experience bearable. I enjoyed the actual work, but unfortunately the cons (CEO and toxic work environment) outweighed the pros for me.

Cons

Red Light PR takes what they can get ($$$$) in terms of clientele and the clients aren't divided equally. Some AE's are given easy peasy clients with celeb. ties and praised for any little press that falls into their lap while other AE's are given brands that are practically impossible to get press for and lectured accordingly. Once I transitioned I actually received feedback from other agencies that they were... shocked that I was able to generate the press I did for the clients that Red Light PR on boarded. Expect to go above and beyond and never have it be enough, played against your co-workers by upper management and harassed when you exit. I haven't been at the company for several months now and they continue to e-mail me nearly once a month. The company also hires and fires new employees every 7 months... A sweat shop disguised as a "Fashion PR Firm" and to be perfectly honest a low class experience.

Advice to Management

The only reason I even wasted my time with this review is to let aspiring PR professionals know the real deal about this company... No amount of advice could rescue this establishment.

Red Light PR2018-03-27