Red Light PR "learn a lot" Reviews | Glassdoor

Red Light PR Employee Reviews about "learn a lot"

Updated Mar 27, 2018

3.1
Red Light PR CEO Jen Phillips (no image)
Jen Phillips
Pros
  • "I was able to learn a lot about the fashion PR business and it made my interest for that profession grow even more(in 16 reviews)

• "We did a lot of pitching both through email and in person on magazine desksides(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Too many interns at a time someday(in 15 reviews)

• "It is imperative that you enjoy talking to others, it let's the AE's and showroom manager know that you want to learn(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "learn a lot"

Return to all Reviews

"Redlight PR Internship Program"

Front Desk Receptionist in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for more than a year

Pros

Working at Redlight PR was a great experience for my very first internship in PR. Its atmosphere gave me an idea of how it really is in the Fashion PR world. Working there for 3 months was also really good for networking and getting to know the stylists of artists and editorial editors. I learned how to do press clippings, created pitches, and helped pull wardrobe for actual professional projects. Be ready to learn... how to merchandise, clean, and do other tasks than PR as well. Sitting in on the meetings was my favorite part because it gave me insight on what assistant executives, and the company really focused on. Overall it was a great place to start, and I think you can learn a lot within three months. But ultimately, it depends on how much work you are willing to put in. Ask questions, and make sure that you make sure you show up and make yourself noticeable to the AE's and Showroom Coordinator. If not, you won't get the best experience. In addition, it was really fun working right in the middle of Hollywood!

Cons

If coming from a distant location, plan accordingly. Traffic will delay you 15-20 minutes. Working with the AE's can be intimidating at first, but warm up to them and prove to them that you're not just there to do b*tch work. The intern schedule differs, sometimes there are too much and then sometimes there aren't enough to do the projects, just be prepared to get work done.

Advice to Management

I wish I got to learn more in depth about Fashion PR and the actual tasks that are given to the AE's. If the intern team were divided amongst what the individual wanted to focus on I think that would be great. For example shadowing the AE's if the intern wanted to do PR, or shadowing Amber about merchandising, and Cole for social media. The LA team for Redlight PR were great people to introduce me to what it is like... to be in Fashion PR and I actually really got a feel for something really different to me so thanks to them for that! I was also lucky to meet the founder, Jen cause she was in town from New York.

Red Light PR2016-06-21
  2. "Intern Review"

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Learned a lot of things and really peaked my interest in fashion pr! Great opportunity to see what fashion is like in a social media driven world while also learning about different up and coming brands. Also, I really enjoyed everyone I worked with and felt respected as an intern.

Cons

Sometimes there are too many interns and it can get hectic with intern training. It is a fast moving environment so it is not recommended for someone who wants to just get by as an intern.

Advice to Management

Keep up the smooth communication between interns and the AE's because it helps keep everyone on the same page and receiving the same information.

Red Light PR2016-02-10
  3. "Emily's Intern Review"

Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Working for RedLight PR was one of the best decisions I have made. Everyone was so friendly and very helpful whenever I had questions. I was able to learn a lot about the fashion PR business and it made my interest for that profession grow even more. It is a great learning experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is just starting out. The CEO , Jen Phillips would come in from the LA office and... would be very friendly. She was extremely caring and down to earth. Erica, Matt, and Nikiya were all very welcoming and super friendly. They made working there worth while. They were always available if you ever had any questions and would be very willing to help you out with anything. I was able to work on my business skills such as sending pitches to potential clients, and helping with pulls to different magazines such as Style or Teen Vogue. Overall, working for RedLight Pr was amazing! I am so glad I was able to be part of their team.

Cons

The only downside of working at RedLight PR would be the commute for me. I live in Rockland County which is about a 45 minute bus ride into the city. Other than the commute, I can't complain at all.

Red Light PR2016-01-26
  4. "Red Light Intern (3 Months)"

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Amazing, friendly, and helpful staff Laid-back environment Hands on experience with stylists and bloggers Get to help at events and attend Great resume builder and learning experience Get to work on social media, out reach, and pitching Get to work next to CEO Jen All in all, I enjoyed my time at Red Light immensely. It's a great experience for someone looking for their 1st or 2nd internship in PR. I... learned a lot during my time here and made a lot of friends. The vibe of the office is chill and fun. There's always music playing, and I found that I was never afraid to make a mistake or ask a question like I have been at other internships. The staff is very understanding and truly wants us to learn and take away a lot form this experience

Cons

Unpaid, cleaning and taking out trash

Advice to Management

Continue to take interns under your wings and let them shadow you and see what it takes to be successful in the PR industry

Red Light PR2015-12-04
  5. "Learned a lot. The internship experience was Amazing!"

Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

Here at Red Light PR I learned a lot about different designers. I also learned about the fashion industry and the fast pace it requires one to work in. Being able to work with stylists and celebrities was the cherry on top. Picking out outfits and sharing my opinion on different outfit picks was very rewarding. Having the opportunity to intern here at Red Light expanded my creative side and allowed me to fully... understand my love for the fashion industry. Communication between the interns and the account executives is great. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Couldn't have asked for a better team to be a part of.

Cons

The intern corner can become unorganized at times. It is the interns job to keep it clean and presentable. Teamwork is very important.

Red Light PR2015-05-07

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Red Light PR full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to learn a lot in a very short time period - if you're capable and responsible, you'll be handling your own clients within a few months with very little direction. Due to the workload, you can build a great portfolio in very little time. The other employees are really great to work with and you'l have a lot of fun on the good days.

Cons

Pay is incredibly low - much lower than industry standard. CEO is unreliable and temperamental - some days she's totally off the grid and won't respond to anything at all, and other days she's Skyping and calling in a panic all day. She will verbally abuse you if you let her. Turnover is very high and employee moral is VERY low. When I was there, three people quit and within two months of me leaving, five more... people quit. There is an entirely new staff than there was two years ago. It's just not worth it.

Advice to Management

Get it together.

Red Light PR2013-02-07