Red Lobster Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

4.0
Red Lobster CEO Kim Lopdrup
Kim Lopdrup

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It was a relaxed fun atmosphere and allowed me to work a flexible schedule while I was in school (in 113 reviews)

• Good money good managers good food (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • some shifts are long and require long hours of being on your feet constantly (in 79 reviews)

• long work hours, work-life balance hard (in 22 reviews)

1. "Platform job for starters alike"

Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I have been working at Red Lobster part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast money, goal oriented sales, promotions, cross training makes you virtually indispensable and room for advancement grows. Great flexibility, and always meeting new people. Picking up shifts is easy. Great for fast paced self starters.

Cons

Not for the faint of heart. Getting stiffed sucks, but you have to maintain during your shift, different personalities mix and not always for the better. Must be able to be on feet for hours at a time. Very seldom are breaks given to part time workers. If you can manage no bathroom breaks during your shift either. Roll silver after every shift except for weekends.

Advice to Management

Motivate, encourage and appreciate servers. Make sure they feel heard if they have a complaint or issue and ensure a safe and healthy workplace with like minded individuals who love to work hard.

2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Red Lobster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work hours are really flexible, they will hire almost anyones, the staff and management is friendly, a really good place for beginner in the hospitality industry.

Cons

A lot of favoritism, the management was on an off. Working long hours and no over time. Conflict situations were not handled accordingly at times.

Advice to Management

I think the management needs to control who they hire, it seemed to me they hired pretty much anyone who walked through the door,

3. "Good and bad"

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Fun the team members are fun to work with.

Cons

Cannot have any communication with employees out side of work...can't even donate to charity or but kids things being sold.

Advice to Management

Pray you have other managers that will help to develop you. If not your stuck.

4. "Darden is a great company to work for if you want to be in the restaurant industry."

Former Employee - Service Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Red Lobster full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional atmosphere, great food/product, potential for upward movement, bonuses (if still applicable).

Cons

Hours, high-intensity stress/pressure, you work weekends and holidays (only two holidays off a year), oftentimes upper-level directors will micro-manage every little detail.

Advice to Management

Allow managers an opportunity to move out of the restaurant for career advancement.

5. "Awesome, I love it their!"

Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I have been working at Red Lobster part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is consistent and management is understanding.

Cons

They don't pay the Trainers to train, so it makes you not want to. The promo's change every 3 months and 2 out of the 4 yearly promotions are a lot more work for a lot less money.

Advice to Management

Listen to the server suggestions. Seriously. Don't ask us for our opinion and never change anything afterwards.

Showing 5 of 1,691 reviews