Red Lobster Reviews
54% would recommend to a friend
(5189 total reviews)
55% approve of CEO
Found 5,189 of over 5K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Red Lobster
Got a burning question about Red Lobster? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Red Lobster employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Money is good for a part time job provided it is the busier times of the year." (in 397 reviews)
- "was fun and had good pay" (in 208 reviews)
- "This is the perfect job as a primary or secondary job and is great for people in school." (in 202 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great and interacting with customers is fun" (in 198 reviews)
- "Flexible hours for student or those with other time commitments.Hourly money isn't bad for an entry" (in 184 reviews)
- "Management was poor and unreliable" (in 475 reviews)
- "Managers have us clean tables along with hosting even though we don't get any tips at all." (in 215 reviews)
- "Blatant favoritism" (in 50 reviews)
- "management played favorites and often promoted the worst employees." (in 36 reviews)
- "Detached upper management and difficult customers who 'are always right' according to corporate" (in 27 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Red Lobster and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023ServerFormer Employee
Flexible schedule Fast paced Room for growth Great pay when busy Employee discount Corporate Paid weekly or daily Amazing coworkers No early mornings
No set out time No paycheck most weeks as a server Inconsistent pay Dealing with guests Meeting sales goals Tons of extra cleaning Late nights No PTO No bonuses
- 4.0Nov 20, 2023ServerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsAlton, IL
Worked around school schedule. Did not have to work everyday. Everyone worked as a team when times got tough.
Once had an abscess tooth that made my jaw swollen and the manager told me it was not an excuse to call off. She mad me put of the night way.
- 5.0Nov 23, 2023Server/BartenderFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsStockton, CA
Chill coworkers, Great management, Creative Freedom
Kitchen does not run smoothly when it’s busy which means you will need to placate guests more often.
- 2.0Nov 27, 2023SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsChico, CA
Money was okay for a college student
Bad Management, GM had not place being there. He would hardly be there, leaving the restaurant in the hands of staff, Often no manger would get in until 12 pm.
- 5.0Nov 13, 2023Server/WaiterCurrent Employee
Friendly, Big Company, Good policy, Good Management, Good Pay
Working for others, Stressful, Volatile shifts, Dependent on others, high pressure
- 4.0Nov 12, 2023Food RunnerCurrent Employee
Good food, pay, benefits, discounts and atmosphere
Leave work really late at night and unsatisfied guests getting angry
Red Lobster Reviews FAQs
Red Lobster has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 5,281 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Red Lobster to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
54% of Red Lobster employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Red Lobster 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.