What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Money is good for a part time job provided it is the busier times of the year." (in 386 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great and interacting with customers is fun" (in 201 reviews)
- "was fun and had good pay" (in 198 reviews)
- "This is the perfect job as a primary or secondary job and is great for people in school." (in 190 reviews)
- "Flexible hours for student or those with other time commitments.Hourly money isn't bad for an entry" (in 176 reviews)
- "Management was poor and unreliable" (in 468 reviews)
- "Managers have us clean tables along with hosting even though we don't get any tips at all." (in 210 reviews)
- "Blatant favoritism" (in 54 reviews)
- "management played favorites and often promoted the worst employees." (in 32 reviews)
- "Detached upper management and difficult customers who 'are always right' according to corporate" (in 26 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Red Lobster and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 84 of over 5K reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "favoritism"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Oct 5, 2020HostFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Marcos, TX
Red Lobster was a good environment. Friendly employees and good space. Good job
Management presented a bit of favoritism in terms of who got moved up. Poor managerial experience.
- 4.0Jul 6, 2022ServerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsYakima, WA
Nice tips if you get a good section.
I worked at two red lobsters first one I loved. Second one there was a lot of favoritism but if you’re good at your job there should be no reason you won’t get hours. Can be slow