KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Red Lobster

Engaged Employer

Red Lobster

Add a Review

Red Lobster Employee Reviews about "hour"

Updated Jun 27, 2022

Found 30 of over 4,418 reviews

3.6
Red Lobster CEO Kelli Valade (no image)
Kelli Valade

What people are saying about Red Lobster

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

works at

EY

Is anyone not from the US? When did you get used to American food? I have been here for quite long but I still mostly eat Asian food (Chinese Indian Japanese Korean Thai Vietnamese in alphabetical order) so in the South, it was difficult to find good spots. Then I went to some of the established chains (Apple Bee’s Red Lobster Cheesecake Factory etc) and realized there wasn’t much for me to order. What would be a good way to get used to American food that most Americans eat?

72 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Money is good for a part time job provided it is the busier times of the year.(in 351 reviews)
  • "was fun and had good pay(in 174 reviews)
  • "This is the perfect job as a primary or secondary job and is great for people in school.(in 166 reviews)
  • "My coworkers were great and we got to listen to music.(in 160 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours for student or those with other time commitments.Hourly money isn't bad for an entry(in 150 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Red Lobster and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "hour"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Stay away unless you just want to serve.

Mar 25, 2016 - Server in Fayetteville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

50% off of food. Actually great training.

Cons

Management has no idea what kind of culture they are cultivating when they all throw themselves under the bus. They expect 6$ in add-ons but business is so slow they cut you an hour into your shift. After they triple sat you so you can't do a table approach. You only had 8 guests and your average is now low so you have to go to an add-on class at 8am on Saturday morning. If you ask for more shifts they tell you that they have too many servers to accommodate but there are 3 servers in training. We now have microwaved risotto. It's just all going down hill from here.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Thought pay was great until hours were cut and passive aggressive managers

Dec 7, 2012 - Hostess in Pineville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid $9 per hour which is a big step up from minimum wage which is 7.25 and we got paid every week

Cons

Horrible hours, worked only 2 or 3 days out of the week for like 2 or 3 hours at a time so the $9 an hour didn't seem like much, customers are extremely rude and mangers are very passive aggressive and managers picked favorites

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Culinary Manager

Jul 22, 2018 - Culinary Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Short hour for major holiday.

Cons

Don't investigate managers that are favorites and take their word for truth.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Pretty good!

Aug 29, 2014 - Host/Seater in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

• I absolutely love (the majority) of my co-workers. Many are easy to get along with and as a first job, this has been a great first experience - getting me accustomed to clientele, the work place, and more. • We get paid week by week which is nice; as long as you can practice self control and save up! • I've seen various complaints about management on this site but personally, I have no complaints at all! My managers are all incredibly sweet and understanding. They defend their employees when necessary, which is something I've never witnessed before and provide constructive criticism for the most part rather than just barking at their employees.

Cons

• The customers can sometimes be a big issue. For the most part, I've been lucky to enough to work in a location that is primarily filled with happy and enjoyable clients but of course there are the occasional cranky folks that make my job 10x harder. Rude, snappy, etc. I've been whistled at, snapped at (literally and figuratively), yelled at by people who come in and can't get a table right away, so on and so forth and all the while you have to put on your best face and not let anything show. Which is natural of any job in the restaurant business, but it is something that should be bore in mind when thinking about applying here. • Busy. Days. Whenever we get busy, it turns into complete chaos. Servers get nasty, the kitchen staff practically goes completely silent to avoid saying anything negative, things fall, clients are unhappy with waits, and you simply have to be able to deal with stress. If you can not handle stress, this would perhaps not be the best job for you. (I used to not be but this job has certainly made me grow in this regard which I'm frankly thankful for.) • Having started off as an SA, I literally never take any of them for granite. SA's are literally the bottom of the totem pole and get worked unbelievably so for the worst pay in the restaurant. Though you do have to start somewhere - and typically it is with this position - it is awful. Several times I have worked double shifts as an SA and not even made minimum wage per hour. (Though it should also be noted that Red Lobster does compensate for this if you don't make at least minimum wage via tip share - and, yes, you get paid with tips as a server assistant.) On busy days you can make more than minimum wage. It really just all depends on how generously customers tip that day. Add to that, when the restaurant is busy and you're SAing, if you even dare take a breather to get water, chances are you'll get snapped at by an angry server for not having cleaned off their table yet... Even if the customer has been gone for three minutes.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Well treated

Jun 14, 2022 - Server/Waiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Made well above 20 an hour in tips and management was pretty good

Cons

Nothing too bad. I guess at times there was miscommunication.