KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Red Lobster

Engaged Employer

Red Lobster

Add a Review

Red Lobster Employee Reviews about "manager"

Updated Jun 25, 2022

Found 4,340 of over 4,416 reviews

3.6
Red Lobster CEO Kelli Valade (no image)
Kelli Valade

What people are saying about Red Lobster

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

works at

EY

Is anyone not from the US? When did you get used to American food? I have been here for quite long but I still mostly eat Asian food (Chinese Indian Japanese Korean Thai Vietnamese in alphabetical order) so in the South, it was difficult to find good spots. Then I went to some of the established chains (Apple Bee’s Red Lobster Cheesecake Factory etc) and realized there wasn’t much for me to order. What would be a good way to get used to American food that most Americans eat?

72 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Money is good as a server not so much as a bartender on the weekends.(in 345 reviews)
  • "This is the perfect job as a primary or secondary job and is great for people in school.(in 171 reviews)
  • "Pay was good and discounts on(in 167 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours for student or those with other time commitments.Hourly money isn't bad for an entry(in 156 reviews)
  • "My coworkers were great and we got to listen to music.(in 154 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Red Lobster and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "manager"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Server in small town

Jun 23, 2022 - Server/Waiter in Stillwater, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kind customers, caring management, great tips

Cons

Low staffing caused high hours

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Ok Place to Work for Extra $$$

Jun 25, 2022 - Server
    Business Outlook

Pros

Made decent money and usually was able to work extra hours if I wanted as other servers constantly called in or wanted to leave early.

Cons

At times it was a total unorganized cluster!!!! Would be sat zero tables, then you’d get four at once! Taking a large party was either a blessing or a curse. Back then, every dinner came with soup or salad, and you had to learn a rhythm in order to assure you got those out well before your food came up or customers were unhappy!

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Jun 10, 2022 - Host/Hostess
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free biscuits 5 hour shifts and doubles 11-4 or 4-9 50% off food discount 30$ average tip out, I’ve gotten up to 70$ on a holiday doing a double and as low as 12$ on a slow day with the hourly being 7.50 It’s very fast paste so if you like busy jobs where you’re not bored and there’s something different every day then the restaurant industry is for you. It’s one of the lower on the pyramid for restaurant jobs but it’s also entry level

Cons

On Fridays and Saturdays you can leave as late at 10pm Must work holidays, unless it’s your weekly day off Weekends make the most money, so if you work them you’ll miss out on fun with friends or family No early morning shifts

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Over all not bad

Jun 21, 2022 - Server/Bartender in Murray, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly overall its super easy to make great money if you arent lazy and put time into your craft and are willing to get sat and stay busy.

Cons

Management. Theres high turnover in management and lack of communication in all aspects of the restaurant and bad leadership and horrible expectation management. Not a good sense of direction and clarity from those in charge.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Management means good experience

Jun 7, 2022 - Server
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management Opportunities to pick up shifts and make more money Flexible schedule

Cons

Guests can be rude You can easily get overwhelmed if you are not used to a fast paced environment

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Went from Great to Good to Meh

Jun 22, 2022 - Culinary Professional in Franklin, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment, family-like. Pay is good but be prepared to work for it.

Cons

Management got changed during the last month of my employment, became a lot stricter and did not feel like it used to. Management at my location (for the most part) did not respect private conversations between me and them.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Exceptional server with 21 years experience

Jun 5, 2022 - Server in Fort Pierce, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exceptional staff.Wonderful guests Please see resume. I am looking to keep working at Redlobster 2 to 3 days part time a work, and work part time 3 to 4 days anytime,i have no time parameters.I'm looking to work 25 to 30 hours a week as a server with another restaurant.

Cons

We are short staffed. We neeed more servers,SA's,host's,and kitchen staff. It ius hard on the weekends. The reason being, we are short staffed with servers, and we get bombarded with guests.

Continue re