KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Red Lobster

Engaged Employer

Red Lobster

Add a Review

Red Lobster Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Jun 27, 2022

Found 566 of over 4,418 reviews

3.6
Red Lobster CEO Kelli Valade (no image)
Kelli Valade

What people are saying about Red Lobster

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

works at

EY

Is anyone not from the US? When did you get used to American food? I have been here for quite long but I still mostly eat Asian food (Chinese Indian Japanese Korean Thai Vietnamese in alphabetical order) so in the South, it was difficult to find good spots. Then I went to some of the established chains (Apple Bee’s Red Lobster Cheesecake Factory etc) and realized there wasn’t much for me to order. What would be a good way to get used to American food that most Americans eat?

72 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Money is good for a part time job provided it is the busier times of the year.(in 351 reviews)
  • "was fun and had good pay(in 174 reviews)
  • "This is the perfect job as a primary or secondary job and is great for people in school.(in 166 reviews)
  • "My coworkers were great and we got to listen to music.(in 160 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours for student or those with other time commitments.Hourly money isn't bad for an entry(in 150 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Red Lobster and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Below average job with decent pay

Nov 14, 2017 - Server in Franklin, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good if there is business and you can serve lots of tables at once. Like any business a lot of the people that work here are awesome!

Cons

Very little support from management in the kitchen, on the floor, and in front of guests. Extremely disorganized with below average frozen food. Management were overworked and understaffed. Had a manager drinking and popping pills every day for months before he was fired. Extremely intense kitchen environment that often involved yelling and cussing (myself included) with little to no consequences. Even saw several fights almost occur in kitchen. Some of management were rude after quitting.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great service company

Jan 6, 2014 - Server in Mount Pleasant, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits were substantial and the management were wonderful at handling hard situations but were also very friendly. The head management though was wonderful and always knew how to act.

Cons

The only con I can pin point is that the pay was horrible for servers. Although I have made enough money to pay for living expenses, it is hard to do much on 2.13 an hour.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee

Decent Restaurants

Dec 5, 2008 - Server in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make a great deal of tips There is a lot of corporate support for the individual employee so the wait staff do not have to be at the whims of their managers. The chain is extremely big so it offers a lot more job security than working at other restaurants They have a very good computer system that takes care of all your employee needs like scheduling and your pending pay amount

Cons

Managers do not respect their employees Our clientele are very cheap so they give bad tips and I believe that management should acknowledge this anomaly and offer some kind of emotional support

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Food and Atmoshpere!

Sep 26, 2017 - Server/Waiter in Peoria, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady pay and hours... love the workers and the family atmosphere.. you get a nice discount off all your food for you and your family!

Cons

Management here is a little rough at this location... but they have been here for years so you might as well find a way to get on they're good side!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

15 years with company

Jun 24, 2014 - Grill Master in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits for the industry. Pay can be good but it takes many years of back breaking work to get there.

Cons

There is no room to advance. Where you get hired is where your stuck. Training does not happen, new menus start with no word from head office on what any of the new items are.

6. 5.0