KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Red Lobster

Engaged Employer

Red Lobster

Add a Review

Red Lobster Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Jun 25, 2022

Found 482 of over 4,416 reviews

3.6
Red Lobster CEO Kelli Valade (no image)
Kelli Valade

What people are saying about Red Lobster

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

works at

EY

Is anyone not from the US? When did you get used to American food? I have been here for quite long but I still mostly eat Asian food (Chinese Indian Japanese Korean Thai Vietnamese in alphabetical order) so in the South, it was difficult to find good spots. Then I went to some of the established chains (Apple Bee’s Red Lobster Cheesecake Factory etc) and realized there wasn’t much for me to order. What would be a good way to get used to American food that most Americans eat?

72 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Money is good as a server not so much as a bartender on the weekends.(in 345 reviews)
  • "This is the perfect job as a primary or secondary job and is great for people in school.(in 171 reviews)
  • "Pay was good and discounts on(in 167 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours for student or those with other time commitments.Hourly money isn't bad for an entry(in 156 reviews)
  • "My coworkers were great and we got to listen to music.(in 154 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Red Lobster and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good coworkers and bad management

Jul 22, 2020 - Back of the House Team Member in Ann Arbor, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Schedule is slightly flexible. Pay is decent compared to other similar restaurants. The people I worked with were very easy going and didn't crack under pressure. Decent benefits are offered.

Cons

Even though they have 25-30 employees for BOH you still work an irregular swing shift that is unpredictable and created each week. You get typically less than 30 hours but still work 6 days of the week. The whole schedule system is terrible.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

It's okay

Jul 17, 2014 - Host/Hostess
    Business Outlook

Pros

work well around personal life and other jobs/careers, great management, teaches you how to be a team. I found that as much as I don't really love the job itself, I love the people there. They are good people who really want to help you and make a team environment. You also get really great discounts on all the Darden restaurants!

Cons

the server/hostess relations are strained, can be overly stressful, rudeness from people and workers in general, critical of mistakes made I wasn't good at being a host right off the bat. I struggled with how fast paced and quick thinking I needed to be. I started to feel like I was not doing a good job and when I talked to Management, they made me feel like everything was fine but their actions made me think they didn't want me as a host. I needed clear direction and more training but felt on my own.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Exhausting

Nov 7, 2015 - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with are awesome and if you like seafood... You'll be in heaven. If the management team you work with is moderately intelligent and motivated, you can actually enjoy your job.

Cons

Micromanaging your every move. They want robots with no sense of true hospitality, just bean counters to blame their failing business choices on.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Decent money, friendly staff, stressful environment

Apr 18, 2021 - Server
    Business Outlook

Pros

The money was almost always good. The people you work with are friendly and help you out when you need it!

Cons

No benefits, high manager turn over

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work

May 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good money for the most part. Flexible schedule most people have 2nd jobs and school so they work with your schedule.

Cons

Can only work 6 hours a day unless you take s break which they never give breaks only on mothers day or valentines day.

6. 1.0