KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Red Lobster

Engaged Employer

Red Lobster

Add a Review

Red Lobster Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jun 19, 2021

Found 49 of over 4,418 reviews

3.6
Red Lobster CEO Kelli Valade (no image)
Kelli Valade

What people are saying about Red Lobster

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

works at

EY

Is anyone not from the US? When did you get used to American food? I have been here for quite long but I still mostly eat Asian food (Chinese Indian Japanese Korean Thai Vietnamese in alphabetical order) so in the South, it was difficult to find good spots. Then I went to some of the established chains (Apple Bee’s Red Lobster Cheesecake Factory etc) and realized there wasn’t much for me to order. What would be a good way to get used to American food that most Americans eat?

72 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Money is good for a part time job provided it is the busier times of the year.(in 351 reviews)
  • "was fun and had good pay(in 174 reviews)
  • "This is the perfect job as a primary or secondary job and is great for people in school.(in 166 reviews)
  • "My coworkers were great and we got to listen to music.(in 160 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours for student or those with other time commitments.Hourly money isn't bad for an entry(in 150 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Red Lobster and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good overall

May 12, 2016 - Restaurant Manager in Shreveport, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Average pay. Great structure.

Cons

While it is set up for success upper management doesnt use the system we have in place.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

STRESS-FULL

Oct 19, 2020 - Server/Waiter in Macon, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Co-workers were generally nice and fun to talk to/ co-workers helped create a fun environment - 50% discounts on food while on break, and 25% when visiting as a guest - Shifts are pretty flexible (dropping and picking up) - Tips are pretty good around holidays but at the location I worked for, the average guest tended to tip low - If you perform well, there is the potential to move up the ladder but this could also depend on one's relationship with the GM. - When management did their responsibilities well, the restaurant ran well, and vice-versa

Cons

- Upper management did a poor job of creating and consistently enforcing rules - Some co-workers were needlessly lazy, lacking teamwork - Guests could be very rude and demanding - kitchen was trained poorly and tended to half-a** their work, which negatively affected tip amounts - More responsibility falls on harder working employees, this did not equate to better tips - A combination of reasons could make slow shifts stressful, and busy shifts very stressful

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

ok place

Jun 19, 2021 - Supervisor in Independence, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

family of coworkers were great

Cons

upper management could care less

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Start Up Job

Jun 30, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

VEry flexible with my schools hours, always wanted me to do bettter and try different positions as long as you do your job well.

Cons

Upper management didn't have a sense of working at entry level when making new rules for the entire company. Force new policies without consent of the worker bees of the company.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good for the most part.

Aug 3, 2014 - Server/Waiter in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of potential here to make great tips! The back (heart) of house make good money as well. Our management team is very considerate. It is easy to trade shifts with co workers, and if we need a day off it is almost always granted. Our kitchen staff is AMAZING! They are the best and nicest cooks I've ever worked with!

Cons

Upper management has put some regulations in place that make it harder for servers to do our jobs. At the same time there are opportunities to regulate some of the other positions, like our expo (alley coordinator), dishwashers, and bakers who seem confused about what our standards are.