Red Robin Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Red Robin CEO Denny Post
Denny Post
1 Rating

Pros
  • Flexible schedule for service industry (in 58 reviews)

• Flexible hours and reliable coworkers (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Cleanliness and respect from team members is where I saw flaws (in 30 reviews)

• You will work very hard and long hours and the schedules just aren't consistent enough to lead a normal life at times (in 27 reviews)

1. "Red Robinnnnn"

Current Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly managers who give feedback before every shift, good guidance, fun work environment

Cons

Too many people are hired, and, therefore, I haven't been getting as many hours as I'd like.

2. "Good job with the right people"

Former Employee - Busser in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Busser in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Red Robin part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, relatively easy work, it was a tipped position so as long as you worked with decent people on a busy day the pay is decent. Free food on shift is a plus too.

Cons

Servers don't pre-bus their tables, leaving more work than there should be slowing down your turnover time. If you're the only busser you'll be working doubles every weekend. Management will promise you promotion after a set amount of time if you do your job well but don't expect anything.

Advice to Management

Don't misinform employees, don't overwork the bussers.

3. "New management can ruin everything"

Former Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Red Robin (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the people i worked with. Money was almost always good. Worked for 4 yrs at south hills village location in pgh, pa

Cons

New Gm came in & decided to run the restaurant military style. He was the drill sergeant & you were a peeon. He made sure everyone knew it too. Told you if you had any sort of problem w it to quit. Ruined everything.People that had been there for yrs did just that. Including myself

Advice to Management

When you treat your staff like garbage, any server worth anything is going to leave. You will end up w inexperienced staff & a high turnover. Not good for anyone

"Worst Company I have ever been employed by."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Red Robin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm really thinking hard about this question but can't find anything that was positive about Red Robin.

Cons

The entire company from the CEO to Human Resources department don't care about anyone but themselves. They are very deceptive. They lie and break labor laws like they are a joke. They have no concept of what a company policy means or how to enforce them. As long as the Board of Directors are getting there pockets lined with stacks of cash and stock options this company will operate as a fascist state.
    If you work here, I warn you not to call the Red Robin Whistle Blower phone number. You will be investigated by the Nazi.HR Department and then they will discriminate and harass you until you quit or fire you for no reason.
    Bottom line is they don't care. They tell you they do in orientation but it's a huge lie. They talk about core values and helping others through there bogus Caring Program in which you must donate from your weekly pay check. But it's a scam.

Advice to Management

You will all have to account to God one day. I know where I'm heading, I think your all heading a little further south than me!

6. "Horrible experience"

Former Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Red Robin part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tips were (usually) good. The restaurant was in a bad area and had a lot of entitled customers who would sacrifice anything to get their meal for free, so tips varied pretty frequently.

Cons

...everything else. The management (and most of the FOH staff) is awful. The staff are miserable and have zero ambitions or interests outside of talking about each other and the customers. Very, VERY cliquish. If you're not good friends with the right people, it reflects on everything - especially your schedule, even if the schedule is supposed to be "performance based". Some of the managers were some of the most disgusting people I'd ever met, making lewd comments to and about female servers, and with a pompous do-what-I-say-or-else attitude. Between the cliques and "performance-based" schedule (doesn't work when the restaurant is situated in a poor area! Your customers aren't ordering anything more, no matter how much you push.), full-time is impossible. Scheduling is also supposed to be flexible, but managers sometimes just ignored requested days off or scheduled employees explicitly when they said they could not work - and then punished employees for not finding someone to cover their shift! All in all, a bad place to work.

Advice to Management

Either monitor the performance based scheduling like you're supposed to or get rid of it.

Showing 5 of 1,150 reviews